Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I really don't know what everyone was expecting.

1. BioWare

2. 2024

3. Been ten years since the last DA and that was Inquisition.

4. Andromeda and Anthem.

Did no one mention that even David Gaidar passive-aggressively took shots at the game?

1718040346911.png

I 10000% expected this to be the most horrible shit you've ever seen in a video game and so did most other people. As for people who are really deep into BioWare romances, they probably would've been satisfied with a visual novel.

I have never seen a group of individuals so desperate for connection that they will latch on blindly to these half-baked digital constructs, and that's coming from me.

BioWare is dead. It was good while it lasted (kinda). I'll pour one out for the homies, but it's joever.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

Elttharion

Learned
I really don't know what everyone was expecting.

1. BioWare

2. 2024

3. Been ten years since the last DA and that was Inquisition.

4. Andromeda and Anthem.

Did no one mention that even David Gaidar passive aggressively took shots at the game?

View attachment 50807

I 10000% expected this to be the most horrible shit you've ever seen in a video game and so did most other people. As for people who are really deep into BioWare romances, they probably would've been satisfied with a visual novel.

I have never seen a group of individuals so desperate for connection that they will latch on blindly to these half-baked digital constructs, and that's coming from me.

BioWare is dead. It was good while it lasted. I'll pour one out for the homies, but it's joever.
they probably would've been satisfied with a visual novel
Please dont say something like that ever again, Dragon Age is a containment franchise, dont give them ideas. I dont want this fanbase being part of and shitting all over my eroges, thank you very much. We already have the otometards and fujoshits trying to kill the genre, we dont need more refugees.

:bunkertime:

Justinian

Arcane
Developer
DAO was also a huge disappointment. DA2 was good for what it was,
:nocountryforshitposters::shunthenonbeliever:
DAO was a failed attempt at BG3. DA2 was its own thing. If you expected them both to be BG3 DA2 will obviously disappoint more. But if you just want a fun game to play DA2 is a drunk conga line and DAO is accounting software.
DA2 objectively has no good qualities. Eat shit and die, retard.
DA2's combat is miles above DAO. The companions are slightly better. The story and story structure are much more interesting and original. The advertising cringe (awesome button) is more bearable (THIS IS THE NEW SHIT).

The only thing that makes me retarded is that I'm wasting my time replying to someone who is this much of a loser :lol::

caNH11t.png

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
DAO was a failed attempt at BG3. DA2 was its own thing. If you expected them both to be BG3 DA2 will obviously disappoint more. But if you just want a fun game to play DA2 is a drunk conga line and DAO is accounting software.
DA2's combat is miles above DAO. The companions are slightly better. The story and story structure are much more interesting and original. The advertising cringe (awesome button) is more bearable (THIS IS THE NEW SHIT).

The only thing that makes me retarded is that I'm wasting my time replying to someone who is this much of a loser :lol::

caNH11t.png
FUCKING GIGGLESQUEE

The game looked like shit, played like shit, the story and lore changes were shit, the encounter design was shit, the companions were as bad and stereotypical as ever in a modern BioWare Game, IT WASN'T EVEN FUCKING FINISHED BECAUSE THEY KEPT REUSING THE SAME FUCKING MAPS.

I don't know what sorta brain damage you have but I hope you get help.

Justinian

Arcane
Developer

caNH11t.png
FUCKING GIGGLESQUEE

The game looked like shit, played like shit, the story and lore changes were shit, the encounter design was shit, the companions were as bad and stereotypical as ever in a modern BioWare Game, IT WASN'T EVEN FUCKING FINISHED BECAUSE THEY KEPT REUSING THE SAME FUCKING MAPS.

I don't know what sorta brain damage you have but I hope you get help.
They were reusing the same maps because... you revisited the same locations. Part of the game structure was having you revisit areas you've been to before as time progressed and new events popped up. As I already said, the game did suffer from a short development window so they didn't have as many locations as they would have if they had gotten the time to do it properly. So not only are you too stupid to understand why the locations are reused (storywise), you are just repeating a development logistics argument I already made.

And I'm done arguing with the mentally disabled, it's demeaning and I have better things to do, you can shout into the void from now on.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Firefly > Buffy imho. A real travesty that the series got canceled before it could develop from the more episodic nature of the season we did get, esp. considering how good the main cast synergy was.
Firefly is just a shitty Cowboy Bebop/Blake's 7 rip-off. It was canceled because it was cringe and boring.
Firefly is cringey on rewatch: all characters have same snark remarks that substitute for character, which Marvel made caricature of later.
Buffy is the same, proto-girlboss-ya-slay-queen attitude that is unwatchable.
Both series were first manifestations of rot that will became modern entertainment.

Buffy just keeps getting better through every rewatch because of the great character writing. They have real depth and believable motivations. It's only during the last two seasons that it gets numbing. Whatever you may think at first, Buffy is not just a show for dumb teens.

Sneak Peak. (Voiced protagonist confirmed)

The place looks bland and uninteresting as fuck. The neon-light looking "magic" shit everywhere just makes it worse.

They have bad taste.

I appreciate what was good in Buffy/Firefly. But I have reasons to dislike them.

They had likable and believable characters - who also were unique snowflakes without any development.
The dialogues were filled with funny and snarky onliners - but they were lacking in variety and there were nothing apart from them.
The plot has intrigue - but its development was bland.

Movie Buffy was best Buffy.

kristy-swanson-nude-for-playboy-germany-january-2003-1.jpg

Movie was also ok. And that's why Whedon dislike it.

Last edited by a moderator:

9ted6

Educated
Sneak Peak. (Voiced protagonist confirmed)

Damage control in full force. Redditors and retardera tranniers are already doing a 180º and defending the game now.

Retardera is understandable but the only reason the comments on the DA leddit are positive is because the mods announced they'll filter any negative comments and ban any negative posters. Professionally doing it for free.

I can't fathom how anyone who liked the first game could unironically like this definition of slop. Fortniteverwatch of Legends trailer and the city described as a crumbling Constantinople in Origins is now a cyberpunk city from Star Wars complete with fucking spaceships.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
They were reusing the same maps because... you revisited the same locations.
https://dragonage.fandom.com/wiki/Locations_(Dragon_Age_II)

With the exceptions of the main locations, the base game uses identical layout maps for several locations with minor changes such as different collectibles being spread differently or sections of the map being inaccessible.

It's okay, you probably don't remember much of the game, assuming you even played it.

9ted6

Educated
I would say that the narrative was tighter in DA2 even if some thing were retarded. DAO's plotline feels too much like an ASOIAF fanfic imo. But gameplay was so fucking tiring, that's for sure.

Oberon

Learned
I agree that DAO was disappointing, but it was at least an okay game.
It's main problem wasn't that it was accounting software, but that it was restrictive accounting software lacking obvious features.
DAO was good for what it was, DA2 was fucking big publisher cancer and further proof that accepting money from EA or Activation is like accepting money from the Devil.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Retardera is understandable but the only reason the comments on the DA leddit are positive is because the mods announced they'll filter any negative comments and ban any negative posters. Professionally doing it for free.
It's actually hilarious. The reason that marketing is failing across the board is that it's mostly no-talent millennial/zoomer pity hires, and they stick entirely to their curated safe spaces to see if their marketing is working.

Well of course when you censor all dissent, it's gonna look positive. And then they're surprised when their product launches and makes no money. Then they assume it's an organized attack by the "chuds" or targeted harassment or whatever.

1718043787710.png

Reinhardt

Arcane
it had good premise

9ted6

Educated
it had good premise
Having a good premise is the game equivalent of getting credit for writing your name on a test.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom