Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Baron Tahn

Scholar
The Gameinformer image is doing my head in. The Asian with the gauntlet in centre top. Is that her left hand pulled across? It looks like the arm is just growing straight out of her sternum.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Dragon Age 3 had the same thing - if you start as an elf, you're a part of a specific dalish clan. It amounts to basically jack shit. If Cyberpunk couldn't pull this off, Bioware won't.

Rhobar121

Scholar
This is quite an achievement on Bioware's part.
I had absolutely zero expectations from the game and I was still disappointed.
Of course, there is always a small chance that the game itself will be good, but let's be honest, it is so small that it almost certainly won't happen.
DA:I was lucky that it came out before Witcher 3 so it could avoid comparisons and thanks to that the reception was much better.
The problem for Bioware is that BG3 is still relatively fresh and the new game will definitely be compared to it, especially since BG was a Bioware series.
This trailer should have been released a year ago, maybe the idiots would realize that this approach is pointless. It will be surprising if it doesn't end like other famous failures from last year.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
What the fuck is a shadow dragon?
spoilers-all-possible-seven-factions-of-dragon-age-the-v0-r4wkuu9mi85d1.png

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Let me guess. The different factions will act as 'specialization' classes of previous DA games.

Funny that over half the factions are gobbly gook. Qunari as a 'faction' is basically giving the okay to be a nazi. And, the cows are jokes..Being a GW is silly. The other choices just wannabes.

Removal

Scholar
wouldn't be surprised if ol' peg leg is in the game for "disabled representation"
maybe in her companion quest you get to upgrade her to a wheel chair or something

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
10 years for AI generated images, huh.
Meet the Avengers. Doesn't seem AI generated, just an artstyle that I really dislike in general, and especially for Dragon Age.
View attachment 50819
Also just noticed that 3 out of 7 characters have prosthetics - a leg, and arm and a horn.
No wheelchair character in the main crew, but I guess they are going hard for the inclusivity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom