Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

No wheelchair character in the main crew
We're about a year from a black female wheelchaired superhero.

Years ago this was thrown around as the most absurd extreme case of where wokeness could go. And we're almost there already.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Is that a blelf? Anyway, if that's the party, then I am 100% guaranteed to never play this game, ever.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Reddit attempting not to sound like a bot challenge = impossible

1718057622074.png

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Just remove hot chicks from Buffy and double-down on propaganda, and you basically get any Disney/nuTrek/CW garbage.
I saw some video talking about the big problem with modern, younger writers is that all of them are mimicking Whedon's writing on Buffy and none of them seem to quite get that Whedon was writing teenagers as well as other dynamics which tends to shoe-horn characters in to either really strict archetypes or it just breaks the character. It's very much how you wind up with Star Trek Discovery where all the members of a quasi-military hierarchical crew can't stop bawling their eyes out in the hallways of the ship and feel little remorse when they get another member of the crew they didn't like killed because they're sticking with their message to modern audiences.
BioWare is dead. It was good while it lasted (kinda). I'll pour one out for the homies, but it's joever.
BioWare was never good. They were passable with the D&D license. Baldurs' Gate had the fortune of being decent following a couple of years of absolutely dreadful D&D games.
Kotaku never disappoints:

View attachment 50820
And that game is Saints Row reboot?

Zariusz

Arbiter
The only thing modern Biofags had left were fatass tumblrinas and woke normie audience, after BG3 release even that left for the greener pastures, like who is even going to playbuy this shit? If even retardera drones think new DA is bad, what other disgusting creatures are left?

Semiurge

Cipher
Unironically I think DAV will be a success. And this will be very bad for the RPG genre and gaming in general.
I agree. It has the feel around it that people are gonna buy it in large numbers despite its quality.

You're transphobic if you don't support.

I simply can't see those two as anything but a generic black dude and an asian chick who for some reason are cosplaying as elves. Absolute pandering in the most desperate sense possible.

Let me guess. The different factions will act as 'specialization' classes of previous DA games.

Funny that over half the factions are gobbly gook. Qunari as a 'faction' is basically giving the okay to be a nazi. And, the cows are jokes..Being a GW is silly. The other choices just wannabes.

Nazi? Wtf the qun have been completely neutered. NuBioware was afraid of dealing with a race that was uncomfortably similar to muslims, and of the complications of including such a character as a potential ally again. Now you can expand your cozy nazi-free comfort bubble into their new games as well. In DAO you could challenge Sten's views, but do you expect the "modern audience" to deign engage a nazi in conversation? They deliberately avoid setting themselves up for total, humiliating ownage when their opponents are (unsurprisingly) their intellectual superiors. It's easier to ghost and cancel.

No wheelchair character in the main crew
We're about a year from a black female wheelchaired superhero.

Years ago this was thrown around as the most absurd extreme case of where wokeness could go. And we're almost there already.

The Tomb Raider board "RPG" was marketed with a fat, black lesbian with two prosthetic legs.

2899c601cea55f9acd664208d1bc943bc2a39f5f900eb26f8bdd8ae490361f98-1.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom