Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Vernacular

Literate
Not gonna lie. It hurts. Dark Souls gets endless reiterations, while DD ends up a F2P MMO.

There is no God.

Perkel

Arcane
why no english release, why oh why, crapcom?!

:negative::negative::negative:

Not realeasing DD on PC
MH4U only on 3DS
DDonline not realeasing in US or EU

Is there any other company that can fuck up so much release of their games ?

Machocruz

Arcane
CapCOOOM!

KHAN.jpg~c200

Amn Nom

Learned
Not realeasing DD on PC
MH4U only on 3DS
DDonline not realeasing in US or EU

Is there any other company that can fuck up so much release of their games ?
Atlus in Europe? Ask anyone from there how much they get shafted, its ridiculous.

deuxhero

Arcane
And if you want to play the Japanese version, it seems that you need a VPN.

Only when opening the launcher and downloading the initial double digit MB installer (and I'm sure you can find that on some other download site because it isn't unique or anything), so any free and slow one works fine, just disable it once the launcher has connected.

Been playing it. So far pretty :incline: for a F2P MMO. Some minor steps back from the original like Pawns not really having much specific to say, but pretty fun. Would not recommend if you don't know ANY Japanese, though it's perfectly playable if you know a little (apparently there is a translation patch, but it's very work in progress and it won't help you search for people selling the item you need at the brazar).

So far the only real changes to accommodate an MMO is how classes have changed around to (unneededly) match standard MMO fiar (Damage, tank, support and whatever Seeker is supposed to be, but all the jobs, except maybe priest which I haven't played, seem perfectly able to solo most stuff) which isn't really a problem and how gear is more class restricted, level locked and very expensive (this however is a bit more annoying but so far I've done well with mostly just stuff from quest rewards.

As far as P2W stuff goes, I've only seen some locked voice options for pawns (you get 3 options with a pitch slider and have to pay to unlock the rest of the 8) and how you get extra tickets for a lotto beyond the ones you get for logging in every day.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
Castle walls... or the ruins of such?

Anyways it seems one oddity is that enemies retreating back to their spawn (because you aggroed them too far from their spawn) are invulenrble to all damage. This isn't really a problem except as a melee class fighting harpies. Fuck harpies.

edit: Forgot to mention: Nights aren't as dark (pure :decline:) and the minimap lets you see enemies from pretty far away.

Another MMOism is enemies having levels, while the original a goblin was always the same strength anywhere in Gransys. This isn't a really an issue though because it helps fix the original's dreadfully low enemy variety. Would have prefered some visual/name change, though as they are all the same for quests I understand why not.

Last edited:

Martius

Liturgist

Well, its a nice surprise! I would think that they will release Online outside of Japan but I wont complain.

Athelas

Arcane
Now I can finally play this thing without freezing myself into crysleep for a decade until emulation would be available.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It has a really fun combat system, but I never completed. I grew tired of it 15-20 hours in.

praetor

Arcane
FUCK. YES!

now if only somebody released DeS for PC i could finally sell my PS3 without regrets...

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Finally now the rest of the Codex can see what the Weeaboo forum was gushing about. In a few months.

Hopefully someone makes a mod where I can finally play solo.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Now I can finally play this thing without freezing myself into crysleep for a decade until emulation would be available.
I unlocked my PS3... In comparison to Risen it has worse GFX, less features in shops and stuff, and needs mouse. So I removed it and added Yakuza 3, and Yakuza 4 instead.

Also it's not Dark Souls.

Latro

Arcane
It's not Dark Souls, but it's the fun as balls knockoff.

Here's hoping PC release as semi-decent mod tools + online coop.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It's an awesome game, one of the best action rpg's on console and much better than the ARPG shit that's beeing released by pc developers these days.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dayum, major :incline:

Hopefully Crapcom don't completely botch the port. Probably will be capped at 30fps and still include the fucked up screen cropping from the console version.

Puukko

Arcane
Yes! YES!
I hope you can import save games, wouldn't mind doing a hard mode run with my PS3 save.
Dayum, major :incline:

Hopefully Crapcom don't completely botch the port. Probably will be capped at 30fps and still include the fucked up screen cropping from the console version.

This is MT Framework we're talking about, they'd really have to try to botch it up, performance wise at least.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
unless this gets rudimentary mod support or new content in form of dlc i won't bother with it. buying it again just for "silky smooth" 30 fps? fuck off.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How do you think: is it technically possible to port saves from ps3?

Отправлено с моего Philips W336 через Tapatalk

Tehdagah

Arcane
unless this gets rudimentary mod support or new content in form of dlc i won't bother with it. buying it again just for "silky smooth" 30 fps? fuck off.
And multiplayer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom