Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
after almost 100h of playtime I found Patches and only because I started reading the wiki

what do I see in his shop? MARGITS SHACKLE. Yeah, I needed that 80 hours ago. Thanks FromSoft, thanks. :argh:

The shackle only works in his first phase, which is actually easy so the use of the shackle is mostly so you can rush through the boring part to concentrate on his second phase.

Only the first phase, lasts for a split second and most importantly - it costs 5k runes. In the very early game where you feel like Bezos if you scrounge up a thousand.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
They DID nerf the moonveil, apparently.
Several sources are reporting that it does far less posture/poise damage now.
The poise damage was the most broken thing about it. Good news if true. Moonlight greatsword should be the weapon of choice for that kind of build after the nerf then.

Moonveil is still faster and has greater reach with weapon arts. The fact that you get it relatively early compared to completing a long quest chain also helps.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Radahn was nerfed. #decline

edit: 25% less damage on some spells. see reddit

Last edited:

Puukko

Arcane
The patch improved loading times noticeably for me, which is particularly impressive considering they were already on the faster side. It's down to 2-3s now. I can't think of any open world game that I've played that can match that.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
It's pretty obvious the game is Dark Souls 4 and DS became a parody of itself at this point.
The problem is you, and others, actually played ds2/3. I dropped DS2/3 within 5 hours for being gay and never looked back. ER is fresh to me, I haven't been traumatized by those pieces of relative shit compared to DS. You did this to yourself :dealwithit:

Silva

Arcane
Be me, bandits knife + Reduvia dual wield bleed ninja.
Game is easy, everythin reduced to red mist.
Enter: Caria Manor. Boss: fucking armored spirit who dont bleed.
Rage ensues after half a dozen attempts.
Start to look for alternatives. There's none except git gud.
20 min later boss is felled through parries with target shield the good ol Gwyn buttkicking way.
:dealwithit:

SumDrunkGuy

The problem is you, and others, actually played ds2/3. I dropped DS2/3 within 5 hours for being gay and never looked back. ER is fresh to me, I haven't been traumatized by those pieces of relative shit compared to DS. You did this to yourself :dealwithit:

Dark Souls 2 is the gold standard of all ARPGs. You watch your mouth, hasbro. From Software will never top that masterpiece. They certainly haven't come close with Elden Ring as much as I like it.

SumDrunkGuy

Has anybody else tried the Banished Greatsword yet? I'm telling you it's a beast. Hits like a truck (over 400 damage) and slashes about as quick as a short blade. I'm in love.

It's slashes are also very slanted, making it great for taking out airborne enemies.

Last edited by a moderator:

SumDrunkGuy

Dark Souls 2 is the gold standard of all ARPGs. You watch your mouth, hasbro. From Software will never top that masterpiece. They certainly haven't come close with Elden Ring as much as I like it.
I reinstalled DS2 because of your shilling and played it for the first time in 5 years. I was even having fun until I got to Old Iron Keep.

Experimentation is key in that one. There's so many unique weapons in that game and so many different ways to mix and match them. The power stance mechanic added a whole 'nother level of depth that the other Souls games don't come close to touching.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom