Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Sorry NJClaw. I will finish the story at some point. That's just not the main source of enjoyment for me in this kind of game. I'm still playing it though, and still enjoying it, where many people who did finish have now moved on and are waiting for the DLC. Partly its because when I finish it I'll likely be finished with it and I'm in no hurry for that. I'm a bit odd but I enjoy myself in my own way.

A question to anyone who knows: The opaline hardtear got a buff. It now applies to physical damage as well. 10% resistance (in PVP) to all damage types sounds amazing. Too good to be true in fact. Is this a flat 10%, or is it just 10% of what you already have? Like, would my build which gets 30% physical DR get 40% or 33% by using this? If it's 40% does it stack with boiled crab? Because the wiki page doesn't mention it being a typed buff. I think it's unique and should therefore stack with everything.

Latelistener

Arcane
Damn those japanese. 60fps lock with constant dips below and on top of that runs like an absolute ass and doesn't utilize CPU / GPU properly. They've made a shit ton of money and no proper optimization patches were released to this day.

I remember Arkham Knight was even pulled from the store for such shit, but you can get away with that if you're From Software.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Kingmaker I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
Yes, you can get away with suboptimal performances if your game is good.

It's not like FS hasn't been criticized since forever for their poor PC ports. But people want to play good games regardless of the framerates.

fork

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Damn those japanese. 60fps lock with constant dips below and on top of that runs like an absolute ass and doesn't utilize CPU / GPU properly. They've made a shit ton of money and no proper optimization patches were released to this day.

I remember Arkham Knight was even pulled from the store for such shit, but you can get away with that if you're From Software.

Who cares, the game is shit anyway.

vibehunter

Learned

Doesn't help that they have a primarily consoletard community that excuses or outright defends it.

ferratilis

Magister
Yes, they can totally get away with it, because they're the best in business at what they do. Name one company that designs games with better combat than that of FS titles, I dare you.

Of course you can't. Stick to Ass Creed, guys.

Yosharian

Magister
I mean if you're using Uberhalit's mod then you shouldn't have too many problems. I have a decent rig and I certainly didn't see FPS drops below 60. Bigger issue is that you can't play the game online, though.

Not that I'm defending the shitty port, it's a joke. But, no reason to play the game unmodded, either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom