Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Shields are for walking round corners or through doors.

sticking on your back and using for additional stamina regen.
You can do both!
Have it on your back AND have additional stamina regen? Yes, I know. That's the point.

proxy-image

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Greatshields in ER are great.
And more fun than rolling around all the time.

Caim

Arcane
Greatshields in ER are great.
And more fun than rolling around all the time.
A sturdy greatshield, a good strength weapon and the curved sword talisman are a good alternative for when you want to play a strength build without going the traditional unga bunga big bonk route.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
I prefer the Greatshield mid-roll route.
Fat-roll is a bit too much for me.

REhorror

Educated
I do hope the ER's DLC will be more plot focus like AC6.

AC6 feels like old From Software games with dialogs and characters instead of muh cryptic lore.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Shields are for walking round corners or through doors.

sticking on your back and using for additional stamina regen.
You can do both!
Yeah but an uchi with a shield looks dumb :kingcomrade:
Sorry I'm not a homosexual. Have you tried not asking r/fashionsouls how to play games?

Yes, that sounds like something someone who isn't a fag would say.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Sorry I'm not a homosexual. Have you tried not asking r/fashionsouls how to play games?
Well I looked that up. It exists. You knew about it. Case closed. You keep repressing and I'll keep having fun LARPING like sweet knights and shit :smug:
I figured it existed because souls games have been fucking ruined by the community around them. The closest thing I come to that sort of gay shit is I always wear the onion helmet because it's dumb and funny. You went to fucking reddit and ran around larping or some shit afterwards.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
souls games have been fucking ruined by the community around them
Letting others define your perception of things is cuck behaviour, pathetic. Relax, this isn't reddit which you seem to be intimately familiar with, stop trying to fit in and you might stop coming off as a projecting little bitch.
:thumbsup:

Caim

Arcane
I prefer the Greatshield mid-roll route.
Fat-roll is a bit too much for me.
Who said anything about rolling?

j3qMZ4e.jpg
Love the video of Arti getting his ass kicked by a guy using full stone armour and the black knights halberd. Face tanks everything and wrecks his shit.
Quckly crunched the numbers on this one. With full Havel's (armor, shield, ring), the Black Knight Halberd and the FAP ring, at 60 Endurance you have exactly enough carry weight (180, 90 used) to allow medium rolling. 18 Dex for the halberd, 50 Strength for the shield, then add HP to flavor. Maybe some Attunement if you want some Pyromancies for utility and you're good.

Last edited:

REhorror

Educated
I'm somewhat half and half on Fashion Souls/Style Core.

Just make stuff that obviously looks like it doesn't work or fit me guess.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
The mark of true adventurer is their random mishmash of non-matching magical equipment that they've looted in their travels. Only evildoers and fresh newbie adventurers have a matching outfit - remember that!

Silva

Arcane
I agree DS3 opens up really nice halfway through
No it doesn't.
:hmmm:

Replaying it right now and just offed Pope Sully. I have the following paths to choose:

1. Anor Londo/Aldritch
2. Irithyl Dungeon/Profane capital
3. Smoldering Lake/Old Izalith
4. Consumed King Garden/Untended Graves
5. Lothric Castle proper/Great Library
6. Painted World/Ringed City

How is that not open, smartass?
Oh, and I forgot Archdragon Peak, so make it 7 possible paths *open* to me. But that probably doesn't qualify as openness because who knows why. :roll:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
What a wonderful new addition to the Codex. Every thread turns to shit the second this guy posts in it.

I mean i'm a drive-by shitposter but come on now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom