Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Machocruz

Arcane

Dark Souls 3 had higher production standards.

There's much to love about Dark Souls 2 but you can't expect normies to respond well to the jank. You can deny it all you want, but Dark Souls 2 had a lot of amateurish elements.
I don't and never have denied it. I thought the animation and movement in DS2 were particularly mediocre and unpleasant. Lighting and texture work were flat and ugly much of the time. I thought most bosses were weak. It felt like a budget take on the first game in some ways. Of course normies prefer the slicker game despite it doing away with things the previous more "dated" game did, we've seen this over and over again since the Xbox360 days at least, most notably with one developer whose name I won't mention here anymore. That's not me saying that DS3 is bad or FS are part of The Decline like them though.

Silva

Arcane
The only thing left to do with this shitty game.

0f241124a06caec870ee69fbe67f7d21.jpg

Cheesedragon117

Educated
The only thing I can't make heads or tails of in this trailer is what's happening at the beginning.

Marika pulling something sticky out of something, walking across some bodies, and finally holding some golden filaments above her head? Is that pile of bodies a portal? A stump of a tree? The sky is different in the center compared to the edges. Whose corpses? Her Numen brethren? She had to find some way to cross over from their world into the Realm of Shadow.

Is this her inventing/discovering the concept of Gold? A seduction? A betrayal? All this is pre-Ragadon, so it had to someone or something else she was seducing and betraying. Further proof of her astronomical body count, one would guess.

Can't wait for more mastercrafted fantasy lore from the man who wrote about a woman having explosive diarrhea.
It's already been said so many times here and elsewhere that GRRM only wrote the game's backstory and rough character outlines that there's no excuse for it anymore.

Unless you are implying Miyazaki wrote about a woman having explosive diarrhea? That'd be an interesting discovery, at least.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
The only thing I can't make heads or tails of in this trailer is what's happening at the beginning.

Marika pulling something sticky out of something, walking across some bodies, and finally holding some golden filaments above her head? Is that pile of bodies a portal? A stump of a tree? The sky is different in the center compared to the edges. Whose corpses? Her Numen brethren? She had to find some way to cross over from their world into the Realm of Shadow.

Is this her inventing/discovering the concept of Gold? A seduction? A betrayal? All this is pre-Ragadon, so it had to someone or something else she was seducing and betraying. Further proof of her astronomical body count, one would guess.
I thought it was miquella not Marika.
Btw, that shot with the corpses and the two pillars reminded me of the portal from Outland in WoW.
And yeah, she probably climbed the ladder by killing a lot of people.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
There's loreheteros like me, who simply pay attention to the lore as shown in-game and make some connections by thinking about details if they seem interesting enough, and then there's lorefags who watch five hour-long youturd videos made by English/liberal arts majors with nasal voices who pass off their far-fetched interpretations for fact, and just regurgitate that crap as if they came to this conclusion all on their own.

This trailer was made for the second category. There's no real information in it, just vagueness that can be interpreted in any number of ways. Perfect fodder for lorefags.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Meh, fuck those story trailers. Show us teh gameplayt figgits.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom