Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

abija

Prophet
No, just that difficulty settings are too much work.
Still struggling with words I see.
This is the quote you refer to: "Then you argue they should work even more to add difficulty selectors. I mean why not, there's no difference between utopic and slightly more utopic.".
That equates them with more work, which they are. The utopic amount of work is what was mentioned before difficulty settings.

You already demonstrated that you can't grasp basic logic. Why are you trying so hard to display the range of your disabilities?

Hell Swarm

Learned
Japan has the laziest developers ever. Elden Ring is literally worse than resident evil 2. When a character hands another character an item in that game they put their hands together. It shows an exchange. When characters give you items in Elden ring they don't even move. Unless you're fighting them every character is a cardboard cut out. They don't move their mouths when they talk and they never move except for a breathing animation.

It's fucking lazy.

Hell Swarm

Learned
If you summon 2 players for the gank squad and both survive Radahn sudokus before you even get to the boss door? Fucking lol

Okay you autist been sinking the thread now for some time. Personally I only played the game once on release, and I loved the first 40-60 hours, not the last 40-60h. But after reading this argument I'm forced to go from the "fuck 15 chain combo" camp to Lyric. And I blame Hell Swamp and his utter retardnes of argumentation. I started playing the series on ps3 Demon's Souls and has loved it. But as Lyric shows everything is perfectible beatable.

Final drop was saying whip and short sword were useless. Guy obviously never played DS3, Witch lock carried ( in pvp ) my attunement perfect quality build in pvp and short sword was the get go for int builds who didn't want to waste levels in dex or str, plus it had good scaling. And as other has said, end game is not all game! Early and mid game exist, unless you are an MMO faggot.

I don't understand how you can reach the conclusion that the bosses are hard if you get video proof that they are easily beatable. It must be some sort of delusion from Hell Spawn. I know I cleared the org game with a shit character, dex faith with prophet but that was only because the Dune movies had been on and I know what happens to Paul in the second book. And just to make straight, these are single player role playing games, you should roleplay!

And, as Carto liked to do, I end with saying the open world is totally shit with no incentives and I dropped the game to replay Outward which actually has an open world worth exploiting. Fuck, even Death Stranding does open world better than this piece of shit.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Japan has the laziest developers ever. Elden Ring is literally worse than resident evil 2. When a character hands another character an item in that game they put their hands together. It shows an exchange. When characters give you items in Elden ring they don't even move. Unless you're fighting them every character is a cardboard cut out. They don't move their mouths when they talk and they never move except for a breathing animation.

It's fucking lazy.
Sir, this is the RPG Codex forum where we play RPG games such as Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment.

It's fucking lazy.
They do a hand gesture. The real animation laziness is how 90% of the weapons have identical movesets to Dark Souls (and possibly Demons Souls even). They have literally imported the same models with minor touch ups for 10 years.

In b4 the FROM dicksuckers post some stupid shit like "the animations are fine, who cares if they reuse them?", as if any other game doing that wouldn't be lampooned and criticised for being ultra lazy by everyone in the gaming community.

Hell Swarm

Learned
I don't understand how you can reach the conclusion that the bosses are hard if you get video proof that they are easily beatable.

Proof Elden ring is the easiest game ever.
There can be only one conclusion: Hell Swarm is an advertising plant working for Fromsoft.
I would rather work a glory hole at an AIDS convention than touch a greasy gook studio like From.

Mauman

Scholar
You know, it's posts like Hell Swarm's that make me wish I had the Stop rating.

I could label everything he does with the shit rating, but that doesn't really say "we getcha bro, you hate the game. Don't have to say it 100 times" as much as I want it to.

abija

Prophet
I don't understand how you can reach the conclusion that the bosses are hard if you get video proof that they are easily beatable.
youtube 8X15Zp9b6lc
Proof Elden ring is the easiest game ever.
Are you deliberately arguing in bad faith (as in the perfect example above) and then complaining like a litttle bitch when accused of it?
Or are you like Silverfish and don't understand basic logic?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
They do a hand gesture. The real animation laziness is how 90% of the weapons have identical movesets to Dark Souls (and possibly Demons Souls even). They have literally imported the same models with minor touch ups for 10 years.

But that's just how Japanese developers operate. They have a "if it's not broken, don't fix it" mentality, which is different from the western mindsent of having to reinvent the wheel or discover fire again with each new game.

All Japanese games reuse mechanics and ideas, often even across games from different companies. Whenever they hit on something good, they incorporate it in what is essentially a kind of mechanical language which grows ever more mature over time. Westerns by contrast have to reinvent everything from scratch with each game, which leads to greater innovation but also leads to their games being stuck in a kind of mechanical infancy every single time, since they often don't build on what they did before.

Personally, while in a perfect world it would be great if developers could create something that is new and good every time, in reality hitting on something solid doesn't happen often so there's a certain wisdom in wanting to preserve it. Imagine how much better Quake 2 would have been had it reused the enemies from the first game instead of coming up with "new" but inferior versons.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nigga that's small fry compared to how much RGG studios(Yakuza games) reuse assets and animations. Hell their flagship games have been taking place in the same city block forever.

Max Damage

Savant
Imagine how much better Quake 2 would have been had it reused the enemies from the first game instead of coming up with "new" but inferior versons.
Not a fan of Quake 2, but this would look stupid and out of place. Also, from my experience many Japanese devs (including From) have the exact problem of trying to reinvent the wheel with each entry, to the point that series like Dragon Quest are somewhat of outlier.

Max Damage

Savant
Are you being dense on purpose? Doom 2 is direct sequel, Quake 2 isn't, and the setting isn't same.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Are you being dense on purpose? Doom 2 is direct sequel, Quake 2 isn't, and the setting isn't same.

That's not the point they could have made it a direct sequel, but chose not to because they felt they had to do something "new". A Japanese developer might have not have had that kind of scruple. After all, Quake 1 was perfect why change it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom