Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
It's a screenshot of the artwork.

Yes, I endorse this interpretation. :salute:

Tavar doesn't have anything, we might see edan since there is something off about world hearts because when it's old enough it turns the ground into poison.
New screenshot. Looks like the Fort to me. Maybe the world heart in Tavar has terraformed the desert, and the Berserkers have conquered the area.

E4-ZY5-ZYXIAM6-Wig.jpg
This didnt age well . . . .

You forgot to account for the fact that Jack's Lighthouse is located in Tavar.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
I'm glad to see that Rat might have a bigger role. He was one of the more interesting characters from ELEX, and reminded me of Diego. Based on the recent video, he's become a Warlord of the Berserkers. I bet he rules the Fort now (which, based on a recent screenshot artwork, has been conquered by the Berserkers).

I think the narrator said that the Morkon faction is a mix of Outlaw & Cleric.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:negative:
Fuck,that rocket shit is terrible,it kills the whole point of the game. The jetpack in the first one was a lot better than this garbage :decline:. It seems like the game will be risen 2/3.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Fuck,that rocket shit is terrible,it kills the whole point of the game. The jetpack in the first one was a lot better than this garbage :decline:. It seems like the game will risen 2/3.

Not if the game is designed to accommodate it, which is possible (though I have to admit, unlikely - though I hope to be pleasantly surprised).

The game world would have to be hugemungous to accommodate it though.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck,that rocket shit is terrible,it kills the whole point of the game. The jetpack in the first one was a lot better than this garbage :decline:. It seems like the game will risen 2/3.

Not if the game is designed to accommodate it, which is possible (though I have to admit, unlikely - though I hope to be pleasantly surprised).
The gameplay showed that it is not. You just end up skipping content and flying from point to point,this will fuck the exploration. It is clear dumbing down for the kwan retards that find combat too hard and want to just fly to the objective. It is real shame,i was hyped for the game,but it seems nothing could be good in modern times.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned

If there's unlimited long-distance flight, then I'll just choose not to use it (at least not as my standard way of traveling/exploring), just as I choose not to use fast travel. I don't see it as a big deal.

Faarbaute

Arbiter
My hope is that they will use the jetpack upgrade as a way to gate "late game" content, not as an integral part of normal gameplay.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned

The gameplay showed that it is not. You just end up skipping content and flying from point to point,this will fuck the exploration. It is clear dumbing down for the kwan retards that find combat too hard and want to just fly to the objective. It is real shame,i was hyped for the game,but it seems nothing could be good in modern times.

They also introduced flying mobs & airborne melee combat though. Maybe the flying mobs will be tougher than the grounded ones, which might make traveling even more perilous. I like the idea of hearing some flying monstrosity approaching, and running for shelter. We'll see.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn, they changed the voice actor for Jax. It's not bad, think it's a Resident Evil voice actor but old one sounded more distinct. Otherwise it looks great. Looks like same old engine.

mkultra

Augur
sprinting is something very different since you still can be blocked off etc... i really hope this is very late game content, otherwise it'll be a broken mess i think. dont care the least for flying.

moleman

Arbiter
Patron

Yes, if they make unlimited flying available from the start it will kill exploration. Only thing worse would be quick travel everywhere. But we still don't know if that's really the case.
I find it hard to believe they would dumb down their game for kwan market. Piranha Bytes knows their core audience very well and making the game easier will not make it more popular in kwanzanistan. They will still see it as "eurojank".
But still too early to tell...

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Damn, they changed the voice actor for Jax. It's not bad, think it's a Resident Evil voice actor but old one sounded more distinct. Otherwise it looks great. Looks like same old engine.

I'm pleased with the change. The original English voice actor sounded like he was going for a Batman or Riddick voice. I prefer a more "natural" voice, like in the German version. Sounds less jarring to me.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I'm pleased with the change. The original English voice actor sounded like he was going for a Batman or Riddick voice. I prefer a more "natural" voice, like in the German version. Sounds less jarring to me.

I liked that cheese. He was ALP commander after all :)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Yes, if they make unlimited flying available from the start it will kill exploration. Only thing worse would be quick travel everywhere. But we still don't know if that's really the case.
I find it hard to believe they would dumb down their game for kwan market. Piranha Bytes knows their core audience very well and making the game easier will not make it more popular in kwanzanistan. They will still see it as "eurojank".
But still too early to tell...
They actually tried with risen 2 to do that. I remember reading an interview with the devs back in the day. Also now they are different devs.

Murk

Arcane
Some of the melee animations still look a bit weird, but overall they seem faster and less delayed, and they don't have that "your character moves forward to the enemy by gliding" effect.

Overall it really does look like a G2 to G1 type of progression. Areas look good and seeing big ass buildings gives me hope for some nice post-apocalyptic urban exploration.

I vaguely recall someone mentioning that flight in Elex 2 is not available right off the bat and may be faction locked (I'm thinking like Parrot Flight in Risen 3; honestly loved that spell but it wasn't unlimited.)

edit: I think I preferred the icebox robot voice actor in Elex 1 tbh, also, is 'Dex' Jax's son? Cuz lolololol.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Some of the melee animations still look a bit weird, but overall they seem faster and less delayed, and they don't have that "your character moves forward to the enemy by gliding" effect.

Overall it really does look like a G2 to G1 type of progression. Areas look good and seeing big ass buildings gives me hope for some nice post-apocalyptic urban exploration.

I vaguely recall someone mentioning that flight in Elex 2 is not available right off the bat and may be faction locked (I'm thinking like Parrot Flight in Risen 3; honestly loved that spell but it wasn't unlimited.)

edit: I think I preferred the icebox robot voice actor in Elex 1 tbh, also, is 'Dex' Jax's son? Cuz lolololol.
LoL that melee gives me cancer,it is painful to see how wide and overcomited the swings are. It is painful to watch,it is clear that the devs haven't seen a sword in their life.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom