Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Wunderbar

Arcane
I don't know. Fuckin slander if you ask me.

Cunt Dickula!?

Dr. Pippa said:
Gender?
I'm really here just to complain because I was all geared up and ready to play this game only to realize that, among all the other things one can choose to do or not do, the most basic and obvious of all choices wasn't available: gender.

Now, many people might not understand why this would bother anyone, it's just gender, right? Only, I have to play a male character in 90% of all games. RPGs are supposed to be the exception, and yet, here I am, stuck with a male character.

And, some might be like, "but background story..." But loads of other RPGs with gender options and variable amounts of background story allows one to choose gender. Why? Because allowing gender choice is EXTREMELY EASY. See, in most dialogues, gender is NOT EVEN MENTIONED. The few times it is, you just need a minor pronoun change, even for german, it's really not as difficult as these devs might think. And, sometimes, they dont even voice act all the lines with different gendered pronouns which, though annoying, is ultimately a "who cares?" My son calls me daddy sometimes. I sometimes call him his brother's name. No one cares if not all lines are voice acted and the script says im a female but the voice actor just called me a dude. Minor annoyance, but overall, does not affect quality of game.

"But what about the female character? Takes time to model that..." But, there are already loads of female characters in the game. They could have easily just taken one of them and plopped it in as an option for a main character. Ultimately, for an RPG, not allowing such a basic choice is idiotic and continues to alienate people like me who aren't a guy... or who just like having this basic choice.

im just letting game developers know: yall are losing tons of money for such a simple fix/change to your game. Even some DLC... Get some extra money just for offering a gender switch up.

Alex

Arcane
Fuck, there are pronouns in the game:
www.germangames.de/elex2/pyranhabytessupportfags

One of the things that caught my eye, that has not been mentioned in the press as far as i know is the option to set your preferable pronoun for Jax. You can choose between he, she and them. It's not much, but anything LGBT counts as a win in my book

:dead:

I expect that when the next game is announced, the thread will be called "Elex III - Jax is Black".

Fuck, there are pronouns in the game:
www.germangames.de/elex2/pyranhabytessupportfags

One of the things that caught my eye, that has not been mentioned in the press as far as i know is the option to set your preferable pronoun for Jax. You can choose between he, she and them. It's not much, but anything LGBT counts as a win in my book

:dead:
Given the "character design" of Jax, this strikes me as absolutely hilarious.
To the point I can't help but wonder if it's genuine pandering or subtle trolling.

Murk

Arcane
The new voice actor shown for Jax is a bit of more... uhh middle ground. Elex 1, Jax sounded like a robot or a text-to-speech voice rather, which would prove to be hilarious if he ran around spouting cringe-tier tranny babble like "it's MA'AM!" or "did you just assume my gender?". I'm getting some Deus Ex 1 type scenes playing in my head.

JDR13

Arcane
https://wccftech.com/elex-ii-qa-much-more-responsive-combat-deeper-romances-and-more/

Will romances be deeper and more involved in this sequel?

Piranha Bytes: Yes! There are more characters with whom Jax can get into a romantic relationship and the storylines of these characters are also more complex, giving more room for romances.

Romances confirmed.

Did you improve the balance? In ELEX, some of the enemies in the early portion of the game were just too strong, and some of the requirements to wield rarer items felt too high.

Piranha Bytes: Generally speaking, we have a lot of enemies who are a big threat for low-level players, so it’s important to be careful until you are strong enough – like it has been the case in Piranha Bytes games all the time. For some quests, however, we are making exemptions from this rule, most notably some companion quests. It’s up to the player when to start them – maybe in the first act, maybe even in the last act. And we neither want them to cut through these quests like Moses through the Red Sea nor we want players to be slaughtered by a rat.

Therefore, some quests will have a level range for their enemies to make them an interesting experience whenever the player decides to start them. But the feeling of a player, coming back to an enemy like a giant Mountain Troll that kicked his *** some character levels ago and now finally being able to beat it is a core experience of every Piranha Bytes game and of ELEX II as well.

Level scaling confirmed.

Elex 1 had both of those things. It's not a big deal.

By level-scaling, he probably means certain monsters will be replaced by others if you're above a certain level, like in the first game. It doesn't mean we're going to be fighting level 20 rats.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Yes but only the random spawned monsters get replaced with stronger ones when you reach higher levels while all quest related enemies were fixed. If I understand this correctly then some quest related enemies in Elex 2 will be replaced with either stronger or weaker ones.

JDR13

Arcane
I don't see how that matters. There were hardly any quest related enemies in the game. You were usually up against whatever enemies happened to be in the area. The only quest related enemies were bosses or when you had to assist NPCs in a battle. I don't think he's talking about leveling up the same enemies, though it's possible.

Zlaja

Arcane
>in order to make those feel fair the dialogue options have to be labeled clearly

This has me little worried. Made me think off Ass Defect.

>that is why their autosave is 3 minutes, it used to be area based

I don't care, as long as I can turn that shit off.

>they talk about how the guild system in Gothic/Risen is a massive gameplay impacting choice that you make early and how some players stall it as long as possible

Horrible creatures! Really hate those who come into the game's thread after release and ask "hey guys, how much sidequests can I do before I join this boring fag faction that 90 % of codexers are also joining?".

There will be major choices you have to make, like joining a faction

:hmmm:

Björn's comments were mostly befitting and consistent IMO, I am just baffled that he praised Bethesda for having well done choice and consequence

Maybe a trolling attempt? I'd like to think so, anyway.

I remember the Dome City, where my outcome ended up with the entire city population being wiped out DESPITE me trying for a peaceful resolution

Serves you right!

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The new voice actor shown for Jax is a bit of more... uhh middle ground. Elex 1, Jax sounded like a robot or a text-to-speech voice rather, which would prove to be hilarious if he ran around spouting cringe-tier tranny babble like "it's MA'AM!" or "did you just assume my gender?". I'm getting some Deus Ex 1 type scenes playing in my head.
There were changes in Jax's speech as Elex progressed. It's quite normal for him to have emotionless and robotic speech at the beginning, given that he was an Alb and nothing more than a drone.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
There were changes in Jax's speech as Elex progressed. It's quite normal for him to have emotionless and robotic speech at the beginning, given that he was an Alb and nothing more than a drone.

Sure, but even at the end (even when selecting 'warm' dialog options) he sounded much more robotic than the voice actor in the trailers for the second game.

But I wasn't really commenting on that, so much as as leaning into a silly joke.

Nines_Anarch

Learned
Release date leaked?

3RzYI6S.jpg

1Z1j72t.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom