Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Installing now. 42.88GB. Honestly, I feel the excitement of a kid. Doesn't happen all too often with games, despite loving the hobby.
:shredder:

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Getting ~50 FPS in the starting area with default settings on a 1060 + Ryzen 2700x. Haven't updated my drivers in ages so I'm gonna give that a shot then start the game proper later today.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bros, in the starting are, after you leave Adam-s place, go to the waterfall on the left. Fly up there, a surprise awaits you. I had my first PG game death there. My first thought was: I'm fucked. But of course, I had to get that first death over with. :D

Turbo impression. If you liked ELEX, you will like ELEX II. Game is ugly as sin, voice acting is lolzy, but I am having fun.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
my buttcheeks are clenched so hard in fear of not being able to launch this on windows 7 there might be extreme repercussions for the environment

well

i wanted to upgrade for some time now anyway

2f7.jpg

Skdursh

Savant
Genuinely surprised you can't launch on Windows 7 though.

Same. Shit just crashes after the intro cinematic.
I'm still of the opinion people should move on from Windows 7, get a Linux distro and use QEMU with GPU-passthrough to run a Win7/10 VM or just rely on Steam's Proton or Lutris to settle it for you, BUT if you ARE absolutely determined to stick with a dead OS for the next millennia then look into Vulcan/DX11 wrappers like some DXVK implementations which make Win10/DX12 games natively playable on Win7.

This FOV is terrible can't play the game
Check the .ini or it might be an .xml. You could change the FOV in OG ELEX by editing it in there. You could also use the scroll wheel to zoom out. I don't have it installed yet so I can't say for sure, but there is always a way to do it.

Last edited:

PanDupa

Educated
Check the .ini or it might be an .xml. You could change the FOV in OG ELEX by editing it in there. You could also use the scroll wheel to zoom out. I don't have it installed yet so I can't say for sure, but there is always a way to do it.
Changing in xml files doesnt do anything

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
In bold move, GoG offers 20% discount on release day, double the recent preorder discount. What was that about Sasha Grey?

Edit:
I got this one wrong. Discount was for a different game. Damn spam.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Verticality is already a thing. Been using the jetpack to traverse places I shouldn't be at.

No spoilery screens. This is very early in.
1B1FC10A6EBF84789D9EC8F9510D2F0F8E1E89EF

There was also a sword that I picked up before I took the screen. You have no business being up here, but you're still getting something. Can't use the sword yet. Need to raise my stats a bit. I had to use the jetpack quite a lot to reach here, and no, you can't travel as much as you want with it yet.
3182BF6A0232BFDB3FAAACE06864F55A47D05F1D

EDIT: Real life is calling for now. Will play more at later date, will give incoherent rambling impressions.

Skdursh

Savant
Changing in xml files doesnt do anything
Did you try the mouse scroll wheel?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom