Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
ELEX II is shit or not ? Please answer how do You like it?
Two things.
1) The combat is really more responsive. I wish to express sad, respectful gratitude towards PB. Our janky is half-gone.
2) The rumors are only rumors. I run what is mostly a potato computer today - 1060 nVidia 6GB, 16 GB RAM, and a "slightly better" I5 CPU - and the game runs smoother than milk on FHD, all high.

PanDupa

Educated
This FOV is terrible can't play the game
Genuinely surprised you can't launch on Windows 7 though.
Check the .ini or it might be an .xml. You could change the FOV in OG ELEX by editing it in there. You could also use the scroll wheel to zoom out. I don't have it installed yet so I can't say for sure, but there is always a way to do it.
Changing in xml files doesnt do anything
Did you try the mouse scroll wheel?
Mouse wheel have no effect on zoom. Such a shame I took two days off from work so I can play all night but now need to wait for some kind of mod or solution

Skdursh

Savant
Genuinely surprised you can't launch on Windows 7 though.
Check the .ini or it might be an .xml. You could change the FOV in OG ELEX by editing it in there. You could also use the scroll wheel to zoom out. I don't have it installed yet so I can't say for sure, but there is always a way to do it.
Changing in xml files doesnt do anything
Did you try the mouse scroll wheel?
Mouse wheel have no effect on zoom. Such a shame I took two days off from work so I can play all night but now need to wait for some kind of mod or solution
I'll look into it once I have it installed. Worst case I could probably use HxD to change the hardcoded values.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
At long last, my craving for delicious Eurojank can be fulfilled. Hoping this one goes more the Gothic -> Gothic 2 route than Risen -> Risen 2.

Jinn

Arcane
Had to fire it up for a test play. Needs a centered camera/zoom in-and-out mod immediately.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For some reason the camera goes crazy wild playing with a controller when you get into combat. It's mega sensitive even after turning down the setting. Also, the voice for Jax feels all wrong. I try to disconnect it but man is it hard. Liked his voice and face in Elex. New one is really hamming it up, getting Cyberpunk vibes from it.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is this better or worse than the first game, so far?
Hard to say this early on. Like others said: Field of view is not great. Jax is a bit too floaty. Exploration is fun. You get the jetpack almost from the get go. Combat is a bit more responsive than the first game. It's not the best looking game. VA is not top tier.

I need to play more, but in essence, it's a PB game. Explore too much off the beaten path in early game, you'll get smoked. I like that you can get to many different places, mountains, and other places. Exploration will net you items, even if sometimes, you only get plants.

Miner 2049er

Scholar
Early Steam comments impression: Horrible camera, other bugs and performance issues, but who in his right mind still plays AA/AAA RPGs on day one ? The game will be fine in a few weeks. Do people have no self control ? Can't they just wait a little longer and not deprive themselves of a better experience ? There are folks stopping their Elden Ring run after 3 days just to continue with an even more unfinished product. That's so unappreciative. Hell, I didn't touch Cyberjank yet.

JBro

Arbiter
Early Steam comments impression: Horrible camera, other bugs and performance issues, but who in his right mind still plays AA/AAA RPGs on day one ? The game will be fine in a few weeks. Do people have no self control ? Can't they just wait a little longer and not deprive themselves of a better experience ? There are folks stopping their Elden Ring run after 3 days just to continue with an even more unfinished product. That's so unappreciative. Hell, I didn't touch Cyberjank yet.

Buggy ass RPGs are the norm. Always have been.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
it actually runs on 980. I mean why wouldnt it? its elex1 with extra bad performing code.
Camera movement isnt great. Hard for me to say if I need to alter graphix settings further or thats how it supposed to work in pb game.

Jax grabs ledges in most bizarre moments. Will never do so when you jump, but grabbing one from jetpack is fine? Will also grab it when you fall of the cliff.
Worst thing is the music. In my limited time ive experienced it changing abruptly especially in dialogs. And it doesnt match whats being spoken at all.
Also as far as english dialogs go, its not how humans speak.

Your son looks like is slowly transitioning to gollum

First impressions:

• Game runs smooth like butter on my system @ 1440p (Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 5700 XT, 64GB RAM). The GPU fan also barely spins up.
  • Graphics have been improved. Especially shadows and lighting, which are now excellent and on par with any AAA game. Vegetation also looks much better.
  • Combat and movement is substantially less janky and much more responsive.
  • Playing on Ultra and barely made it past the starting area: The enemies still hit HARD, but aren't nearly as deadly as the "hell chickens" in ELEX 1. Their attacks are also pretty easy to dodge.
  • The menu loads FAST. Literally instantly.
  • Annoying camera feature: When you are moving the camera zooms out, but when you stop, the camera zooms back in and hovers just behind Jax' shoulder. It is really awkward and annoying, but I don't see an option to turn it off...
EDIT: Okay, the camera problem I described just disappeared. All I had to do was minimize the game and write my impressions on the Codex to fix it. :lol:

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
EDIT: Okay, the camera problem I described just disappeared. All I had to do was minimize the game and write my impressions on the Codex to fix it. :lol:

If you figure out what fixed this besides alt-tabbing out of the game, please let us know. It persists when I try that, and it's just a pretty annoying camera all around. The ELEX 1 camera was perfect. Don't know why they had to change it.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
First impressions:

• Game runs smooth like butter on my system @ 1440p (Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 5700 XT, 64GB RAM). The GPU fan also barely spins up.
  • Graphics have been improved. Especially shadows and lighting, which are now excellent and on par with any AAA game. Vegetation also looks much better.
  • Combat and movement is substantially less janky and much more responsive.
  • Playing on Ultra and barely made it past the starting area: The enemies still hit HARD, but aren't nearly as deadly as the "hell chickens" in ELEX 1. Their attacks are also pretty easy to dodge.
  • The menu loads FAST. Literally instantly.
  • Annoying camera feature: When you are moving the camera zooms out, but when you stop, the camera zooms back in and hovers just behind Jax' shoulder. It is really awkward and annoying, but I don't see an option to turn it off...
I agree, on the first impression it seems they've improved what should've been improved and left (most of?) the rest. Respectz!

Also, how can any reviewer give less than 12/10 if the game offers you this QoL?

aaa.jpg

Last edited:

ShaggyMoose

Savant
All the complaints I read in a short glance through the Steam "reviews" were related to technical aspects (camera and performance) which hopefully are easily rectified.

Mauman

Learned
Welp...

Got home from my morning shift. Now installing.

Only 94% left to go :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom