Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Conquistador Discussion Thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Vikings or bust

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
And hopefully this time with mod support. E:C would benefit so much from modding.

We'll be releasing the event editor for Conquistador very soon, which should make modding a lot easier.

And a properly functioning travel map with clear outlines for terrain and objects + a FoW, please! The UFO beams, garble of 3D soup obstructing everything and the view distance dependence on pan distance sucked all the enjoyment out of navigating the travel map.

That's good news indeed. Please optimize a bit this time though. All the glowing shit on screen made CPU go crazy. This should not be the case in such a game.
Otherwise, camera was a bit annoying, yes - but i can live with that. I'd prefer more class skills and options in combat.

We'll definitely be redoing the way the camera works when it comes to that, hopefully making it a lot less frustrating. As far as optimization goes, I hear you; We've definitely learned a lot during, and since its release. Both in terms of optimization, as well as the ins and out of the Unity engine.

Awesome. I don't suppose you could give us any speculation about the setting, if planned yet? Still South America?

We'll probably do something different than South America. I mean, I know what it's gonna be, but it's much more fun to keep you all guessing until we announce it :P

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Awesome, I always thought the concept could be transferred to different locations well.

So, rampant speculation begins now. North America? I suppose the real question would be if it's in the same general time period or not.

almondblight

Arcane
I remember you mentioning 19th century Africa at one point.

And I have to agree with the comment earlier in the thread that the mobile map looks much nicer. 2D exploration would be great.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I would love to see 16th century to 17th century Africa and watch the butthurt when the undomesticated snowmen discover that african tribes made slaves of other african tribes and sold most of them for profit to the whites and muslim and there was more slaves in Africa and Middle East than in the west.

Cassidy

Arcane
Avonaeon

Expeditions: Vinland . The very first proven European explorations in the New World by Vikings is probably among the least explored settings ever in every possible media. Plus the Viking theme is naturally attractive.

Historically the natives won in that one and the colony established by Leif Ericson was either wiped out, abandoned or both, so it would be a very interesting premise to try changing that, specially if it also allowed for the "Capitán" to be a Norse pagan and try to resist the influence of Christianity.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Haha someone posted the Portuguese invading Brazil and then all the pictures of the mass orgies way earlier in the thread, that was a hilarious idea.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well i do hope that you dont end up leaving the game so rushed in certain parts.

For example the character interaction with each other at first it felt like there was going to be alot of talk among the members of your expedition. However as time passed there was less and less talk among eachother and some characters even feel like they have no events what so ever.

Maybe less characters and make each one of them better? I dont know.

Anyway i enjoyed the game anyway.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
In before another stupid deal with shitComposer to have region-blocked Steam release.
I hope they can just bypass ShitComposer altogether, and self-publish it on Steam. And if Valve wants to be fucking stupid dicks (which is sadly a very likely scenario), they should just put it on Greenlight.
Games have an easier time going through it nowdays, and ExCon already got itself a nice little fanbase to spread the word around.

Anyway, I just want the game to have more of everything the original had- More enemy types, more combatant customization, more character\follower events and dialogue (seconding what Kaldurenik said), more everything! And yeah, a better world map would be nice. Maybe just make it 2D or something if Unity's a bitch.

And also ffs make a slideshow-based ending this time around. With all these events\places\people you had effected in-game, it was disappointing to have a relatively "set-in-stone" ending.

And hopefully this time with mod support. E:C would benefit so much from modding.

We'll be releasing the event editor for Conquistador very soon, which should make modding a lot easier.

"Easier"? Is there some other way to mod the game at the moment?

We'll definitely be redoing the way the camera works when it comes to that, hopefully making it a lot less frustrating. As far as optimization goes, I hear you; We've definitely learned a lot during, and since its release. Both in terms of optimization, as well as the ins and out of the Unity engine.

And the FOW?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
For the next Expeditions game I want to see a setting in a fantasy world akin to Tolkien's Lord of the Rings.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I want it to be set in Europe during the plague. The gimmick would be that everyone in your party already has the plague and are traveling on a religious pilgrimage because they heard that there is a mystical healer several countries over who can heal them. You would have two separate skill trees: one which builds your skills and stats and another representing the plague that would force you to choose various impediments as the game progresses, so much of character building would be managing the symptoms of the disease (and your character would, theoretically, get weaker the longer you play). Likewise, each character would have a terminal point so NPCs would eventually die (and they'll die sooner if you don't manage their symptoms properly). Of course, Bubonic plague kills relatively quickly so you'd probably have to fictionalize it somewhat, but that wouldn't be too hard to fudge reality on as the plague was a mysterious force back then. Anyhow, if I were writing the game I'd have the healer turn out to be a con artist and thus the entire game would just be one long coming to terms with the inevitability of death.

I'd play the shit out of that game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom