Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 4 Announced (for real this time)

Ivan

Arcane
It has STALKER, Mad Max vibes. I'll :takemymoney: @ 75% off

Black

Arcane
Lotsa people already declaring that they'll buy it. No wonder bethesda has $$$ out of its ass.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I haven't watched it but it's utter shit and just thinking about it makes my eyes glow red and my veins start to throb.

Who am I kidding - I'll probably buy it, maybe even enjoy it, and then come on the Codex to whine about how pathetic and weak I am with all the other weak and pathetic people while the edgy elite look down on me. :(

Then I'll swear never to buy another Bethesda game until Elder Scrolls 6: Shitstorm is announced.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Surprise Twist Choice in the Past:

1. [GOOD] China will destroy us, but we have the Vaults, we'll outlast them. [Launch Nukes]
2. [EVIL] I will sow destruction on this world! [Launch Nukes]

Pegultagol

Erudite
I'm calling time travel early do to the focus on the pre-war events in that trailer.

That's a pretty cool suggestion, how they could use instant transformation of environment to skip to and from pre-apocalypse to post-apocalypse, not just an isolated set of the 50's like in Tranquility Lane. Traveling back to affect certain things and come back to find about how those changes affected the future and all that jazz. But it all will end up in mushroom cloud though.

I am wondering what Bethesda will take away from NV and of course the mountain of mods released for the previous game and apply them liberally. If it is still using Gamebryo, that is understandable because I got a distinct sense of Firaxis models in a Fallout game. Granted I was rather excited by the sequence in the beginning, marveled at the apparent advances in graphics as the camera zoomed out from the familiar screen, lost a chunk of suspension of disbelief when PhysX curtains appeared and cratered around when a naked dog with fur spray painted on it appeared. Call me a grafix whore but that is what this trailer was meant to do, leave a good first impression by showing the pretty graphics.

And I don't think that this is the trailer that the Del Toro studio was working on. There has to be something other than this released at E3.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
it took me years to force myself to finish Fallout 3 and gain that many punches on my suicide inspiration card. I've still never gotten past the very first Maine Questes in Skyrim. Bethesda is a perfect shitstorm of abominable writers and incompetent engineers, and the blind obsessiveness of their fans is probably a sign of the End Times. I spent so many hours on Skyrim TRYING TO UNDERSTAND, but the truth is just that the average consumer doesn't care about narrative, about dialogue, about player agency, about gameplay or just about the aesthetic experience of not playing a game riddled with the most transparent bugs. as a sleep aid, the only black mark against it is the nightmares it'll cause.

and HOW does it still look exactly like Skyrim? they won't ditch their garbage engine or even meaningfully upgrade it? I can't. I CAN'T. GIVE ME NEW VEGAS 2 NOT THIS SHITSHOW.

Black

Arcane
I can. I can wait.

Goddammit I fucking hate Bethesda so much that this news is just making me boil with the darkest contempt.
Good thing is that bethesda managed once again to refill our rage meters to 200%.
:baka::bunkertime::x

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd forgotten the extent of my bitter loathing after the years have passed by. But now I remember. Cut me up and dump me in a barrel of salt. It is, after all, what led me to register here in 2007.

Eddas

Learned
Couldn't give less of a fuck. UnderRail is giving me all I needed.

It could be really good, but it's Bethesda, so oh well... :decline:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Ugliest AAA video game trailer I've seen in years. Seriously, do they expect to win on brand recognition alone? They have to be billionaires after Skyrim et al. Can't they spring for a new engine by now?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Looks like shit. It almost looks like they just slapped together a demo in the Fallout 3 engine.

Anyways, this *new* fallout series is fucking garbage action shit so who cares.

Black

Arcane
Looks like shit. It almost looks like they just slapped together a demo in the Fallout 3 engine.

N-no, dammit, you left...
Why are you back
:negative:

Athelas

Arcane

Shouldn't you be quoting the join dates of posters who have expressed mild optimism about the game?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

You'll buy it and LOVE it.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Stoked to hear Bethesda's taking back the reigns!

I actually started with Fallout 2. Spectacular game. Amazing. Stupendous. Adjective. Then I went back to the original Fallout, and I fell in love. With the stories, that is. I was so absorbed into these two games that I was just barely getting into Tactics when Fallout 3 was released. Upon hearing of the release, I therewith crapped my trousers. I loved the Fallout franchise, and I loved the love out of nearly every Bethesda game ever. I knew Fallout 3 was going to blow my mind.

I popped the disc in my drive and coiled my mouse with my sweaty, nerdy hand. The intro video had me turned on like an excited dog. Then BAM! Unique opening. Emphasis on "opening." I got to play as a freaking baby. In a Fallout game. In 3D. 3D. The first 20 minutes had me so immersed into the vault life, making friends, molding my character's personality, eating Old Lady Palmer's sweet roll and then bragging about it to Butch's face, then out of a nowhere, a metal bat shatters my nerdy buck teeth and then steps on my glasses. And then throws my comfortable butt right out of the vault. The introduction to the wasteland was literally awesome. Yes, literally. I sat there with my jaw hanging open, cooing at the beauty/terror of the Capitol Wasteland, and discovering that I may be premature... So yeah, here I am, a lazy vault boy who's always relied on his dad, who is now gone, tossed into this chaotic new lifestyle.

Yes, I had experience with Fallout before FO3, but I still say with complete confidence that Fallout 3 is my favorite game of all time. Fallout 3 blew my crap-stained pants right back up my arse. I'm 230+ hours into the game. Yeah, FO3 makes up about 15% of my entire gaming life.

Fucking thrilled for this. Day one purchase for me.

Stoked to hear Bethesda's taking back the reigns!

I actually started with Fallout 2. Spectacular game. Amazing. Stupendous. Adjective. Then I went back to the original Fallout, and I fell in love. With the stories, that is. I was so absorbed into these two games that I was just barely getting into Tactics when Fallout 3 was released. Upon hearing of the release, I therewith crapped my trousers. I loved the Fallout franchise, and I loved the love out of nearly every Bethesda game ever. I knew Fallout 3 was going to blow my mind.

I popped the disc in my drive and coiled my mouse with my sweaty, nerdy hand. The intro video had me turned on like an excited dog. Then BAM! Unique opening. Emphasis on "opening." I got to play as a freaking baby. In a Fallout game. In 3D. 3D. The first 20 minutes had me so immersed into the vault life, making friends, molding my character's personality, eating Old Lady Palmer's sweet roll and then bragging about it to Butch's face, then out of a nowhere, a metal bat shatters my nerdy buck teeth and then steps on my glasses. And then throws my comfortable butt right out of the vault. The introduction to the wasteland was literally awesome. Yes, literally. I sat there with my jaw hanging open, cooing at the beauty/terror of the Capitol Wasteland, and discovering that I may be premature... So yeah, here I am, a lazy vault boy who's always relied on his dad, who is now gone, tossed into this chaotic new lifestyle.

Yes, I had experience with Fallout before FO3, but I still say with complete confidence that Fallout 3 is my favorite game of all time. Fallout 3 blew my crap-stained pants right back up my arse. I'm 230+ hours into the game. Yeah, FO3 makes up about 15% of my entire gaming life.

Fucking thrilled for this. Day one purchase for me.

How much?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom