Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

NeoKino

RPGCodex Ninja
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
The bethesthard aren't even being subtle anymore, in a october they will be telling us to go buy Skyrim Remastered.

Drakortha

Liturgist
It has features I wanted to play with, such as no fast travel, thirst and hunger, and reviving allies using stimpacks or repair kits, decreased weight limit, and ammo weight. But they tacked on extra tedium shit nobody asked for, like stimpacks causing critical dehydration and sickness & diseases at random. New Vegas did it much better. Also the save system is terrible and it cripples the game. Dying and completely losing 60 minutes of gameplay is just too punishing. Some RPG's would penalize you with XP loss or something like that, but with this you flat out lose all progress. When I play, it's like 1 step forward and 1 step back, every time. An autosave on a 5 - 10 minute interval would have been more fair..

Zerginfestor

Learned
Survival Mode is pretty bad, to be honest, mostly for 2 things: The Auto-Save and Quicksave function being butchered for a nap system, automatically a bad idea, and the other being the Fast Travel system being butchered. The only reason I saw Fast Travel being removed being a bad idea is just how...boring everything is in the middle of traveling from one destination to another. There's a real lack of substance inbetween the locations, and there's not enough creatures or enemies within them that make the moments exciting. I literally fell asleep before from trying to get to one point to another because of how dull it was.

As for the stimpak issue, it's the main reason I don't use it much at all unless I want to stack healing items to regen like crazy.

Zerginfestor

Learned
I literally fell asleep before from trying to get to one point to another because of how dull it was.

When players are getting bored exploring in your open world game and would rather quick travel to the other side of the map, you know you fucked up.
exactly the issue. Might be the copy-paste scenes and such, or the lack of enemies, unmarked locations with a story behind them, or creepy caves, I don't know, but something is wrong with Fallout 4's world in terms of traveling, among other things.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
It has features I wanted to play with, such as no fast travel, thirst and hunger, and reviving allies using stimpacks or repair kits, decreased weight limit, and ammo weight. But they tacked on extra tedium shit nobody asked for, like stimpacks causing critical dehydration and sickness & diseases at random. New Vegas did it much better. Also the save system is terrible and it cripples the game. Dying and completely losing 60 minutes of gameplay is just too punishing. Some RPG's would penalize you with XP loss or something like that, but with this you flat out lose all progress. When I play, it's like 1 step forward and 1 step back, every time. An autosave on a 5 - 10 minute interval would have been more fair..
I know it doesn't excuse the crappiness, but there is one mod that keeps the challenge of being unable to save every five minutes and still let's you save if there are no beds around. I forget what it's called, but it adds recorder tapes around the wastes that are blank that let you record your adventures, aka save. But you can only use each one once.

typical user

Arbiter

Download Survival Auto-Save http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12580/?
or
Balanced Quicksave http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12906/? (this one removes all your adrenaline and can't be used in combat)

There is also a mod which removes penalizing effects from drugs but introduces AP debuffs to Stimpacks and Rad-X. But I like the fact they enforced decisions with that; take RadAway to have more Max HP and be exhausted with huge STR penalty and suppressed immunity or not?

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter

OMG this is face palming stupid. This is exactly the type of stuff you would expect someone to do who has way to much fucking time on their hands.
Imagine what you could do with that time instead. Read a book, learn an art skill, make a fucking mod of your own that actually matters and has an impact on a game.

What is the god damn point of these stupid player experiments?

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
OMG this is face palming stupid. This is exactly the type of stuff you would expect someone to do who has way to much fucking time on their hands.
Imagine what you could do with that time instead. Read a book, learn an art skill, make a fucking mod of your own that actually matters and has an impact on a game.

What is the god damn point of these stupid player experiments?

I like how people think "experiment" = "tell NPCs to do things". The point of a experiment is to draw conclusions, what kind of conclusions can you draw from a self-made experiment with no consequences at all?

Like Wayward Son said, we would need to learn coding and make our own games for experiments to make sense.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
You know the whole workshop dlc stuff make sense when you watch this video:

I mean, if a large amount of people bought Horse Armor when it was twice the price on April 1st it's hard not to be tempted.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can imagine the horse armor selling a lot simply because the concept of DLC was still novel in 2006.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/gam...ease-date-and-gameplay-trailer/2016/08/15/176

Hop on the Nuka-Express for a trip to Nuka-World… America’s Favorite Vacation Destination! The fun starts on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on Tuesday, August 30. Take a look at the debut gameplay trailer below.

Nuka-World is a vast amusement park featuring Raider gangs and unique park zones like Safari Adventure, the World of Refreshment, Dry Rock Gulch, Kiddie Kingdom, Galactic Zone and Nuka-Town, USA. Nuka-World features new quests, Raiders factions, weapons, creatures and more. Enjoy the ride!

Stay tuned in the coming weeks for new content updates on Bethesda.net.

NukaWorld_Coaster_FULL.png

NukaWorld_FerrisWheel_FULL.png

NukaWorld_Lollipop_FULL.png

NukaWorld_Raiders_FULL.png

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Literally worse than hitler, isis and stalin put together

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom