Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I liked that Nuka World let me say "fuck you" to the raider factions and just take over by killing them all. That's the kind of thing Fallout 4 improved on overall compared to 3, dynamic choices and faction systems like that. Obviously it didn't improve everything sadly, but that kind of thing and the better combat were appreciated at least.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
I just got out of the vault in Fallout 4 and just did the settlement/exploration thing for like 35 hours. Then I got bored and never went back.
I got up to the minutmen and I don't think I completed any more quests, from what I've read/seen I didn't miss much. Fallout 3 at least had some memorable sidequests and Point Lookout and The Pitt were great DLCs.

jackofshadows

Magister
Far Harbor is by far the best piece of Fallout 4 content.
Nuka world is just another location where you kill robots/raiders.
^This. I was soooo suprized by Far Harbor. It's like some other people made it. Nuka OTOH... it's so meh, dropped it around the middle but tbf that also because I was fed up by the game in general at that point.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
After my old graphic card died I decided to upgrade my system. Moved to Windows 10. And now F4 loading time is worse. It can take up to a minute.

What could be the root cause here? I have 16gb ram and SSD with Radeon 5700.

AUGSpeed

Barely Literate
Oh yes, it has that. It uses the Start Me Up mod, which not only gives you alternate start locations (and thus backgrounds), but ALSO gives you the opportunity to play as someone who isn't Shaun's father. That means that it makes modifications to EVERY. SINGLE. DIALOGUE. that references Shaun. It's a fantastic mod.

Here's a quick video

I was wondering where my video got posted here, I have seen it in my analytics for a week now! Thanks for spreading the news, I appreciate it! I am working hard on the next update, so I hope to make Fallout 4 just a little bit better soon!

Yosharian

Arcane
I was wondering where my video got posted here, I have seen it in my analytics for a week now! Thanks for spreading the news, I appreciate it! I am working hard on the next update, so I hope to make Fallout 4 just a little bit better soon!
The man himself! You're welcome man, thanks to your hard work FO4 might actually be a half-decent game one day

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Completed Nuka-World (by conquering the theme park, then exterminating all the raider factions and giving the town to traders). It was fun - the locations were more interesting than most of the places in the Commonwealth and the Hubologist questline provided me with some laughs. However it was not as impressive as Far Harbor. Just more of the same, of slightly higher quality. Two more Power Armors added to my growing collection in Diamond City. Now I have 5 of them (and could easily go to 8 or 9 with the Raider Power Armors you can win along the way). It's kind of crazy how generous this game is. I much prefer the approach of Fallout of Nevada, where for the whole campaign you were collecting parts of a Power Armor, then had to pay a small fortune to a guy who assembled it. And only then, for the last 15-20% of the game you could wear it, which was a massive achievement and a glorious prize.

Now only the main campaign remains. I'm already on level 64, so I guess I will beeline to the ending. The shooting is still good, but there is a reason why shooters are games of 15-20 hours lenght. Fallout 4 does not provide enough RPG "meat" to justify a much longer playtime.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Now only the main campaign remains. I'm already on level 64, so I guess I will beeline to the ending. The shooting is still good, but there is a reason why shooters are games of 15-20 hours lenght. Fallout 4 does not provide enough RPG "meat" to justify a much longer playtime.

Almost no RPG ever does justify more than 30 hours of playtime. At least combat and exploration in Fallout 4 is fun, unlike GARBAGE like isometric crpgs which is slow, boring, savescumming herding of cats.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Oh yes, it has that. It uses the Start Me Up mod, which not only gives you alternate start locations (and thus backgrounds), but ALSO gives you the opportunity to play as someone who isn't Shaun's father. That means that it makes modifications to EVERY. SINGLE. DIALOGUE. that references Shaun. It's a fantastic mod.

Here's a quick video

If you manage to completely remove Settlmenet Building and the MQ, then I'm all in. Nice gameplay nontheless, although the frame rate was ass. But that's a given in highly modded Fallout builds.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Completed Nuka-World (by conquering the theme park, then exterminating all the raider factions and giving the town to traders)

Typical codexer pseudo-crpgers: No imagination at all, you give them an interesting vidya game full of posibilities, and all they do is clean it up like a checklist with no roleplaying at all, no imagination.

Nuka-World is one of the best expansions ever made in any video game, period. A new open world map, pretty big by any standard, full of interesting locations and factions, and giving you the ability to be post apocalyptic Genghis Khan, and what do you do? Just clean up the levels and be a boring do-gooder. Instead of ruling the raiders and enslaving the Commonwealth like a proper chaz-like warlord.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Instead of ruling the raiders and enslaving the Commonwealth like a proper chaz-like warlord.
iu

JDR13

Arcane

Level 64? Is there anything that still provides a challenge at that point? I quit long before I reached that high a level, and the game was already pretty easy.

Drakortha

Liturgist

Why did you decide to do Bethesda's job for them? I hope you didn't quit your day job to polish this turd.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Here's a quick video

Does this allow me to circumvent the material gathering and settlement defending parts of the game? I never beat Fallout 4 on release, and I've been thinking about revisiting it, but every time I remember how much I hated my inventory clogged with literal trash that I need for a bad minigame completely removed from the plot.
The mandatory building, and the way you need to carry tons of industrial garbage to facilitate it, was the main thing that kept me from completing the game.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Almost no RPG ever does justify more than 30 hours of playtime. At least combat and exploration in Fallout 4 is fun, unlike GARBAGE like isometric crpgs which is slow, boring, savescumming herding of cats.

Whatever, man. It took me 121 hours to complete Underrail (with Expeditions) and I had much better time with it, right until the Deep Caverns.

I'm approaching 100th hour in Fallout 4 and I'm already feeling pretty bored.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Level 64? Is there anything that still provides a challenge at that point? I quit long before I reached that high a level, and the game was already pretty easy.

I'm playing with some mods, recommended by JarlFrank which make the game more difficult (especially the weapons more deadly, because you and everything else has fewer hps).

Despite the level I can still die pretty easily if I'm not wearing Power Armor. Especially when I fight a big group of raiders (like cleasing the raider bases in Nuka-World).

But it's true the game became quite easy. Meeting a deathclaw in the first dozen or two hours was terrifying. Now I just exterminate it and move on.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Completed Nuka-World (by conquering the theme park, then exterminating all the raider factions and giving the town to traders)

Typical codexer pseudo-crpgers: No imagination at all, you give them an interesting vidya game full of posibilities, and all they do is clean it up like a checklist with no roleplaying at all, no imagination.

Nuka-World is one of the best expansions ever made in any video game, period. A new open world map, pretty big by any standard, full of interesting locations and factions, and giving you the ability to be post apocalyptic Genghis Khan, and what do you do? Just clean up the levels and be a boring do-gooder. Instead of ruling the raiders and enslaving the Commonwealth like a proper chaz-like warlord.

First of all, I'd like to ask you to kindly fuck off :P

Second, if I wanted to play a post apocalyptic Genhis Khan, I'd choose another game, propably a strategy or an actual strategy-rpg hybrid. Not Fallout 4. I wish to have as little to do with the generic settlements as possible. I don't help them as a minuteman, I don't want to raid them as a bandit. They are liveless and boring. Capturing them would be an unforgivable waste of my time, and I already invested a lot into Fallout 4.

Third, 1st person shooter is not a good basis for a tactical game of raiding (it's also a poor basis for base-building game). I'll leave this kind of soulless gameplay to you and other Bethesda fanboys. Enjoy!

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Whatever, man. It took me 121 hours to complete Underrail (with Expeditions) and I had much better time with it, right until the Deep Caverns.

I'm approaching 100th hour in Fallout 4 and I'm already feeling pretty bored.

You are lying. Underrail is boring by the time you begin. It is fucking slow and boring with nothing to do other than read builds online and follow them religiously or-else and just sperg it out.

The fun thing about being right about something, is that you don't have to argue though. I don't have to argue with your lies, it is just "my word vs your word" and it is pointless when we are talking game preferences. I will just rest assured that the fact that Fallout 4 sold like 40 million copies and Underrail not, even though it works on more computers since it can run on a toaster + it is cheaper, proves that far more people find Fallout 4 enjoyable and exciting than they find Underrail. After all, in the USA, only 1 in 67 children have autism.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
First of all, I'd like to ask you to kindly fuck off :P

Second, if I wanted to play a post apocalyptic Genhis Khan, I'd choose another game, propably a strategy or an actual strategy-rpg hybrid. Not Fallout 4. I wish to have as little to do with the generic settlements as possible. I don't help them as a minuteman, I don't want to raid them as a bandit. They are liveless and boring. Capturing them would be an unforgivable waste of my time, and I already invested a lot into Fallout 4.

Third, 1st person shooter is not a good basis for a tactical game of raiding (it's also a poor basis for base-building game). I'll leave this kind of soulless gameplay to you and other Bethesda fanboys. Enjoy!

It's a public forum, i will say my opinion about your opinion as much as i like, so sorry, i won't comply with your fake-kind request. In fact, i will double down in the future just because i can.

Second, Name a game where you can play post apocalyptic Genghis Khan with settlements and shit. Name one. Name even a strategy game. Come on, i dare you. No hypotheticals, just tell us what is better than the superior CRPG of this decade Fallout 4.

Third, 1st person is the best for a CRPG. And Fallout 4 is a CRPG, one of the best ever made. It is also awesome for base-building, as Minecraft can attest. The most succesful base-building in the world. So it is another time that i am catching you speak out of your ass, as per usual for edgelord spergs who just hate Bethesda in the rpgcodex for the codex-cred.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom