Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
How can anyone who isn't some progressive casual enjoy this game? The story is horrible there is not a graphical or artistic improvement and the game throws candy in your face from the getgo. Its like Call of Duty Minecraft and they hired George Lucas to write it.

rado907

Savant
Yeah, it's true, you get these items that you really want to put on because they give you massive bonuses. But if you put them all on you look like a scarecrow :/. It's lame.

Speaking of lame, I wanted to praise some of Fallout 4 more successful aspects. But instead, I'll bitch about the power armor. The power armor is lame. When you run out of power, you can't use VATS, and the armor starts beeping. A tooltip tells you hold "E" to exit. Now, I'm not going to leave my precious power armor in the middle of nowhere. So I found myself forced to finish a mission without VATS, and then slowly crawl my way up to the surface, so that I could fast-travel home and dump the armor at the stand. Weak.

Speaking of weak, they should have called this gave Fallout 4: Scavenger, because much of what I do involves collecting and disassembling fans in order to obtain precious resources.

That said, Fallout 4 has its highs... The companions are quite fun, the best I've seen in a Bethesda game. Occasionally, the graphics are gorgeous. The glow area is spectacular. And the main plot, though dull, features great set pieces and locations. This is probably the most cinematic Bethesda game so far - and in a good way.

Ah well.

Turjan

Arcane
How many fucking FO players want to go chasing their father or child around?

How many FO4 players even have children much less have a positive idea of children?
I think these questions speak of a fundamental misunderstanding at which target audience these games are directed. The average age of game players is above 35, and many of them have jobs and family. I have a lot of what you could call casual acquaintances who play and enjoy this game, and most of them have children. They only have time to play the game in short bursts. Overall story consistency is in such a case more or less unimportant, as they probably won't remember the beginning when they come to the end of the main story. Such things happen when you play a long game at the pace of one or two encounters a day, maybe a few more during the first days. And yes, having a child involved is a strong hook for them. This part is Bethesda knowing their audience.

I'm still waiting for a single criticism of the game from them. I'll see what they say when they get to the end or give up playing, but I guess that's still weeks away from now.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
How can anyone who isn't some progressive casual enjoy this game? The story is horrible there is not a graphical or artistic improvement and the game throws candy in your face from the getgo. Its like Call of Duty Minecraft and they hired George Lucas to write it.

Makes me feel dirty for even pirating the game,I would pay money just to get my time back.:negative:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Pretty much every piece of clothing in the game boosts SPECIAL stats. Here's my character in her battle armor:

I'm getting +2 Endurance from the hat, +1 Perception from the glasses and +1 to Agility and Strength from the baseball uniform. Apparently the prewar world was full of wizards mass-producing magic items.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_armor_and_clothing

Also there was a trait in New Vegas that gave you +2 Perception while using eye glasses. Sure you had -1 Perception without them but you can find a pair in the Doctor's house at the start.

Not saying it's good or bad but it's not new to nu-Fallout. Even Obsidian nu-Fallout.

Sykar

Arcane
YECgcDP.png

Off a Legendary Bloatfly. I'd ask how, but...

q0vdjb.jpg

Angthoron

Arcane
Prolonged exposure to radiation turns things magical, bestowing special properties on items. You need only a functioning Geiger's counter to confirm this. Any magical item will cause it to react. Of course, in the real world, the item properties normally limit themselves to such affixes as Of the Cancer, of Extra Toes, of Random Mutations and of Can't Fucking Sell This, but it's a game! Lighten up a little and imagine some extra properties.

Also there was a trait in New Vegas that gave you +2 Perception while using eye glasses. Sure you had -1 Perception without them but you can find a pair in the Doctor's house at the start.

Not saying it's good or bad but it's not new to nu-Fallout. Even Obsidian nu-Fallout.
This is pretty retarded even for the kind of shit that you usually say. It's a trait that says your character has to wear glasses. That's more than a little bit different to putting on a piece of clothing and then becoming suddenly intelligent.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Btw anybody already had their save corrupted? Apparently that is quite common and of course on par for a beth title (although i do remember similar problems with nv, saves not loading etc). On the beth boards there is also a list with quests you need to finish by doing console wizardry. Do these guys actually test their shit?

Perkel

Arcane
How can anyone who isn't some progressive casual enjoy this game?

It is good shooter but terrible RPG. Also settlements metagame is interesting. When modkit will release modders will have field of day with settlements mod ideas.

I also assume that like in Skyrim places after a while will repopulate so you won't run out of junk.

baturinsky

Arcane
Yeah, it's true, you get these items that you really want to put on because they give you massive bonuses. But if you put them all on you look like a scarecrow :/. It's lame.

Speaking of lame, I wanted to praise some of Fallout 4 more successful aspects. But instead, I'll bitch about the power armor. The power armor is lame. When you run out of power, you can't use VATS, and the armor starts beeping. A tooltip tells you hold "E" to exit. Now, I'm not going to leave my precious power armor in the middle of nowhere. So I found myself forced to finish a mission without VATS, and then slowly crawl my way up to the surface, so that I could fast-travel home and dump the armor at the stand. Weak.

Speaking of weak, they should have called this gave Fallout 4: Scavenger, because much of what I do involves collecting and disassembling fans in order to obtain precious resources.

That said, Fallout 4 has its highs... The companions are quite fun, the best I've seen in a Bethesda game. Occasionally, the graphics are gorgeous. The glow area is spectacular. And the main plot, though dull, features great set pieces and locations. This is probably the most cinematic Bethesda game so far - and in a good way.

Ah well.

Look at INT5 and INT9 perks. First outlines items with favorited junk, second doubles fusion core life (at max perk level in both cases).

Perkel

Arcane
This is pretty retarded even for the kind of shit that you usually say. It's a trait that says your character has to wear glasses. That's more than a little bit different to putting on a piece of clothing and then becoming suddenly intelligent.

FNV did have ton of SPECIAL clothing including int items and they did stack you could as well run 10 in something if you wanted it.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Lvl 30 now. Got my X-01 power armor. looks gud. shit niggas, come at me !

surprisingly, in like 30 hour gameplay, I've had little to no bugs, no crashes, no glitches, nothing. And this is from an unpatched pirated version.. A few stuck times and disappearing npcs.. but thats quickly fixed with a reload.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Look at INT5 and INT9 perks. First outlines items with favorited junk, second doubles fusion core life (at max perk level in both cases).
Why bother. I just installed a mod that makes PA use 5% of normal juice when walking, 10% when sprinting and 50% when using jetpack.

Perkel

Arcane
Why bother. I just installed a mod that makes PA use 5% of normal juice when walking, 10% when sprinting and 50% when using jetpack.

You are ruining actually one good mechanic behind F4 power armors...

Idea is that in early game you need to find those fuel cells which are rare. So you use power armor for bigger predictable fights. When you have your settlements going later in game you will be able to buy few of them in bulk thus not having a problem of running out of juice. Then there is also mentioned perk and perks via magazines that lowers juice use.

One fuel cell with cap perk cost something like 500caps so to have 4 which will give you more or less 2hours or more running time you need 2k which should be doable when you have few grown settlements and proper food/water/shop production.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's not retarded at all you try-hard new fag. Just because there's some e-larp reason for it? Who cares? It's still terrible balancing since there's absolutely no draw back to the trait. Never mind the fact that it should simply cancel out the -1 effect. When someone puts on glasses their vision doesn't magically improve to a higher degree than what they'd normally have without a vision impairment. It corrects it not corrects it +1 additional level. Another dumbfuck for the ignore list. Wake me when you have something other to do than pan handle for KKK in the FO4 threads or opine in the SJW trashbin.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
You are ruining actually one good mechanic behind F4 power armors...

Idea is that in early game you need to find those fuel cells which are rare. So you use power armor for bigger predictable fights. When you have your settlements going later in game you will be able to buy few of them in bulk thus not having a problem of running out of juice. Then there is also mentioned perk and perks via magazines that lowers juice use.

One fuel cell with cap perk cost something like 500caps so to have 4 which will give you more or less 2hours or more running time you need 2k which should be doable when you have few grown settlements and proper food/water/shop production.
Nope, using PA is only fun thing in this game. Why would I want to have it run out of juice after 10 minutes?
Also Bethesda never changes, when it is raining PA HUD gets rain drops but I went underground and the HUD still had new raindrops :lol::lol:

baturinsky

Arcane
Lvl 30 now. Got my X-01 power armor. looks gud. shit niggas, come at me !

surprisingly, in like 30 hour gameplay, I've had little to no bugs, no crashes, no glitches, nothing. And this is from an unpatched pirated version.. A few stuck times and disappearing npcs.. but thats quickly fixed with a reload.

Bugs I (routinely) have a being stuck in cooking menu and not having weapon appear in hands when switched. And two CTD in 45 hours. But I often alt-tab and/or watch some video in the background.

GloomFrost

Arcane
It is good shooter but terrible RPG. Also settlements metagame is interesting. When modkit will release modders will have field of day with settlements mod ideas.

I also assume that like in Skyrim places after a while will repopulate so you won't run out of junk.
Actually even as a shooter its pretty mediocre.

Sykar

Arcane
It's not retarded at all you try-hard new fag. Just because there's some e-larp reason for it? Who cares? It's still terrible balancing since there's absolutely no draw back to the trait. Never mind the fact that it should simply cancel out the -1 effect. When someone puts on glasses their vision doesn't magically improve to a higher degree than what they'd normally have without a vision impairment. It corrects it not corrects it +1 additional level. Another dumbfuck for the ignore list. Wake me when you have something other to do than pan handle for KKK in the FO4 threads or opine in the SJW trashbin.

Iirc correctly you could not wear normal helmets like from PA and wear glasses at the same time. Could be wrong though it has been a while. Never used it anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom