Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Meanwhile in Poland someone has written Fallout 3 spoiler on a yellow sticky note :D

Fp9J51v.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
Actually even as a shooter its pretty mediocre.

Nah, hit reaction from enemies you hit is what elevates it above most of shooters. Looks like they had also someone from ID to help them on this because those hit reactions and generally enemy animations are similar to RAGE.

Now when you think about it.... what is the difference between RAGE and F4 ? ............................................ Both are post apo games, both feature dialogs, both have sidequest and main story.............................

lol

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
Nah, hit reaction from enemies you hit is what elevates it above most of shooters. Looks like they had also someone from ID to help them on this because those hit reactions and generally enemy animations are similar to RAGE.

Now when you think about it.... what is the difference between RAGE and F4 ? ............................................ Both are post apo games, both feature dialogs, both have sidequest and main story.............................

lol

You forgot the most important thing they have in common.

They both SUCK.

Quatlo

Arcane
This is pretty retarded even for the kind of shit that you usually say. It's a trait that says your character has to wear glasses. That's more than a little bit different to putting on a piece of clothing and then becoming suddenly intelligent.
How about becoming more charismatic?
latest

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
Why are people complaining about the Four Eyes perk from New Vegas? It makes perfect sense. Your character have bad eyesight, -1 perception. He uses glasses to improve his eye sight, removing the initial penalty and adding a perception bonus. The perception bonus can easily be explained, the glasses increase your eye sight beyond that of a 'normal' person. Blind as a bat without glasses, good eye sight with them on, how is this far from reality?

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
We also have to take into consideration what is 'normal' ? Even people that don't use glasses, have different eye sight, some better than others. So a person that have perfectly calibrated glasses, will most of the time have better vision than the majority of people without glasses, at the same level of people who have great vision normally.

ArchAngel

Arcane
We also have to take into consideration what is 'normal' ? Even people that don't use glasses, have different eye sight, some better than others. So a person that have perfectly calibrated glasses, will most of the time have better vision than the majority of people without glasses, at the same level of people who have great vision normally.
Which is in RPGs presented as having full perception without any penalty. In no world do glasses give you more than normal (without penalty). They can only give you best you yourself can have, be that 10 perception or 8 or 6.

Now that we are talking about stats, isn't 10 supposed to be max you can have your stat at?
In PA I have 11 STR.

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
Which is in RPGs presented as having full perception without any penalty. In no world do glasses give you more than normal (without penalty). They can only give you best you yourself can have, be that 10 perception or 8 or 6.

Peter has bad vision.
Martin has 'normal' / average vision.
Boo has great vision.

When peter goes to get his glasses calibrated, they don't aim for 'normal' or 'average' they aim for 'great vision'.

I recently had laser eye surgery, now my vision is as close to 'perfect' as you can come. I didn't get better vision than when I had my glasses, I just don't need my glasses anymore.

It really comes down to what you consider 'normal'. And many people that don't use glasses have bad vision, they just don't have bad enough to need glasses.

Last edited:

baturinsky

Arcane
Glasses also pretect eyes from the wind, sand, too bright light (even clear glasses).

Or you can just remember that in Fallout physics and biology is not necessarily same as in our world.

Perkel

Arcane
You forgot the most important thing they have in common.

They both SUCK.

RAGE didn't suck because it had terrible combat. It sucked because they made it into rpg light with idiotic story and shitty characters. If you played RAGE for story/characters then it sucked, for me it was awesome because i played it for shooting fun (which was awesome)

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
RAGE didn't suck because it had terrible combat. It sucked because they made it into rpg light with idiotic story and shitty characters. If you played RAGE for story/characters then it sucked, for me it was awesome because i played it for shooting fun (which was awesome)

I'll have to be a bit narrow minded and put on my white/black goggles. Either it sucks or it doesn't suck.

It sucked

I agree.

That doesn't mean you can't enjoy it though.

Perkel

Arcane
BTW people since F4 supports dopler sound effect and you can hear fights long before you see them you should totaly use surround system.

If you are cheap like me just use normal headphones and use Razer Surround program which you can download here:
http://www.razerzone.com/surround

Create account and after instalation log in that program. Free version is awesome and pro version is just bunch of crap like advanced calibration or filters you don't need.

Thanks to this on stereo headphones you will have proper 7.1 surround system and you will be able to exactly tell where sounds come from.

Completely true except in F1 and F2 you could say outright in face of someone "fuck you, taste lead motherfucker" and proccess to kill grandmother.
It really grinds my gears when RPGs don't have way to express anger of charname.

Parsifarka

Arcane
RAGE sucked in every aspect. Combat was shit. Completing that crap was a relief so I could start all over again Doom 2 -that's awesome shooting fun.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Peter has bad vision.
Martin has 'normal' / average vision.
Boo has great vision.

When peter goes to get his glasses calibrated, they don't aim for 'normal' or 'average' they aim for 'great vision'.

I recently had laser eye surgery, now my vision is as close to 'perfect' as you can come. I didn't get better vision than when I had my glasses, I just don't need my glasses anymore.

It really comes down to what you consider 'normal'. And many people that don't use glasses have bad vision, they just don't have bad enough to need glasses.
So martin has Per 6, Boo has Per 8, And Peter would have X but because he does not have glasses he has X-1. Not everyone has same perfect sight. Glasses don't magically give you better eyes, only achieve your good sight.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I must say that this game is pretty boring. You can call PoE shit but for each 1 hour of playing you did more and had a chance to play more content than in FO4. Fo4 tries its best to waste your time in any ways it can with pointless things.
Even Bg1 big "empty" maps had more content than Fo4. This was my biggest problem in FNV as well. Although when you found something it was better than what Fo4 offers.

The pointless exploration I can see only being fun to fat geeks that cannot find their local forest or mountains. Or they are afraid of bugs. Anyways, those should just kill themselves before having kids and make the gene pool cleared for the next generations.

I also loved RAGE for what it was. A shooter. BTW did anyone notice that you can flirt with male characters in Fallout 4? Almost all triple A products now gives you the option to be gay. Even in a lot of movies and TV series they will give you more details on gay characters then others. It's like being gay is cool or something.....

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
I also loved RAGE for what it was. A shooter. BTW did anyone notice that you can flirt with male characters in Fallout 4? Almost all triple A products now gives you the option to be gay. Even in a lot of movies and TV series they will give you more details on gay characters then others. It's like being gay is cool or something.....

It's good for business and people will praise you for being open minded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom