Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Monad

Learned
So is the majority of the "side" content to do with building up settlements? All of the places I've been have almost no npcs or if they do they are there to recruit.

Zeriel

Arcane
So is the majority of the "side" content to do with building up settlements?

No, the settlement quests are almost all procedurally generated stuff (the same as the infinite "kill a bandit leader here" quests in Skyrim).

Gerrard

Arcane
You cannot take weapons apart into pieces instead of just scrapping them, so if you find a gun that has one better mod than the one you use you can't just take that part without replacing it first.

Fucking Bethtardo.

It's not retarded at all you try-hard new fag. Just because there's some e-larp reason for it? Who cares? It's still terrible balancing since there's absolutely no draw back to the trait.

It does prevent you from using helmets that cover your face and effectively lowers your PER by 1 for perk buying purposes since only base stats count.

There were the lucky and cool shades too. (+LUK and +CHA), but those are easier to understand since luck and charisma are made-up factors. And armor raising agility and endurance can be interpreted as it just making you more effective in combat or raising your confidence. I'm even willing to accept the science and repair bonuses that come with doctor jackets and mechanic overalls since it's implied you're really using the tools attached to them, even though a sane designer would just make them separate items.

But a nazi hat that gives a big endurance boost is...strange. Does it fill your character with racist fervor?

Someone should posted that picture on Bethesda Forum to see how they react

"This is highly unrealistic. A person of color and a white woman in the fifties? Pfff, your roleplaying leaves much to be desired."

Last edited:

potatojohn

Arcane
You cannot take weapons apart into pieces instead of just scrapping them, so if you find a gun that has one better mod than the one you use you can't just take that part without replacing it first.

Fucking Bethtardo.
You can for sights and muzzle mods at least.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
1447118643065.png

#Dindunuffin

Here's mine:
wz4myrm.jpg

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Aight, decided to try this out after all.

Just one question - should I bother with any other than the highest difficulty? FE3 and FNV were kiddie pool easy, I assume F4 is no different? I also wanna do some absurd build, like low int/high luck build, is it viable or am I gonna have to restart after 20 hours of getting nowhere?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Aight, decided to try this out after all.

Just one question - should I bother with any other than the highest difficulty? FE3 and FNV were kiddie pool easy, I assume F4 is no different? I also wanna do some absurd build, like low int/high luck build, is it viable or am I gonna have to restart after 20 hours of getting nowhere?
The combat's definitely a lot tougher, since the AI is improved and they don't reward you as much with phat loot, but that's not saying much. It's hard to make a 'bad' character, too, since there is no level limit and you can add a point in SPECIAL with each level up, and dealing more damage is just a matter of putting points in the right perks. You can potentially make the game a lot more difficult in the short term by putting your points in some dubious places, but it's pretty easily fixed in the long-term. For instance, I made a high int character, not knowing that all that does is give you more EXP, and low charisma, which locked me out of some of the higher level settlement buildings. That was easily fixed with a couple of level ups since I get absurd amounts of EXP with every quest I finish, with a couple of damage buffing perks every few levels to compensate for the level-scaling.

Monad

Learned
So not sure I can play this anymore. The weapon crafting stuff was one thing that somewhat interested me but it's just not fallout really. The worst thing isn't the lack of skills or the retarded dialogue system (whoever said it's basically yes, no, maybe, sarcasm, was pretty much right at least so far) but it just doesn't feel like fallout. It's a fallout skinned shooter mmorpg.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Imagine a Skyrim or any TES gam where you find a full set of Daedric Armor at the beginning of the game, but which works on soul gems. Yes, it is this retarded.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It's kinda magical. You get glass from nuka cola bottle, steel and screws from a desk fan and make a perfect tactical rifle scope.

I don't think it's possible to take off mods without destroying a weapon. When you do destroy it they go on your inventory.

Perkel

Arcane
It's kinda magical. You get glass from nuka cola bottle, steel and screws from a desk fan and make a perfect tactical rifle scope.

I don't think it's possible to take off mods without destroying a weapon. When you do destroy it they go on your inventory.

You need to have other mod to take it down.

So for example you have found pistol with long barrel and you want to move it to your unique pistol. So you go into that new pistol modding and make 1st barrel which is dirt cheap then long barrel goes into your inventory and can be used on any other pipe pistol type weapon.

Kind of confusing but i guess betsheda didn't want to make crafting guns from 0.

Either way this is my main way of upgrading weapons for me. Instead of spending perk points and then using obscene amount of resources to mod weapon i simply take modded weapon and make it base. All wepon mods goes into my inv for later use.

This way you spend way less resources and you can build up your wepons with better mods without perks.

edit:

I say it again. Try people that android/ios app for your phone. Works like fucking magic.
Spend hour today and knit myself pipboy for my arm. I put that phone and voila proper pirated special edition with high quality pipboy made out of cardboard, duct tape, cloth scraps and LG Spirit.

heh its weird that i still remember how to knit (though looks kind of fugly)

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
It's great that your companions using power armor don't use up cores. Not so great that it still fucking breaks and you have go around repairing it all the fucking time because they are too stupid to use cover.

Last edited:

baturinsky

Arcane
Why in the settlements you create everything looks like crap?
Bethesda didn't even create new textures and meshes for a "repaired" version of houses, walls and furnitures?
Because you made it from crap

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom