Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

anus_pounder

Arcane
Peter has bad vision.
Martin has 'normal' / average vision.
Boo has great vision.

When peter goes to get his glasses calibrated, they don't aim for 'normal' or 'average' they aim for 'great vision'.

I recently had laser eye surgery, now my vision is as close to 'perfect' as you can come. I didn't get better vision than when I had my glasses, I just don't need my glasses anymore.

It really comes down to what you consider 'normal'. And many people that don't use glasses have bad vision, they just don't have bad enough to need glasses.

LASIK?

I had it done last year. Enjoying the ability to see without the need for glasses or contacts.

Last edited:

GloomFrost

Arcane
Nah, hit reaction from enemies you hit is what elevates it above most of shooters. Looks like they had also someone from ID to help them on this because those hit reactions and generally enemy animations are similar to RAGE.

Now when you think about it.... what is the difference between RAGE and F4 ? ............................................ Both are post apo games, both feature dialogs, both have sidequest and main story.............................

lol
Well yeah, shooting mechanics obviously improved since F3 but Rage was nothing special even few years ago. So what we have is NO RPG whatsoever, OK (I guess) shooting, some of the worst dialogues in the gaming industry and there is a dog. GOTY 2015 ladies and gentlmen...... oh shit yeah you can also build houses!!!!

Ahhhh I see there are mods for with naked ladies for a pip boy out already. Well that didnt take long. bethesda have chosen their target audience perfectly right.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Aaaaaaand Done.

I decided to side with the Brohood of Steel, and fucked up my real son and adopted my synth kid. I'm good guy like dat ! ;)

I might do another playthrough and choose the Intitute ending. So I can save my real son!

Yeah so, overall, it's a pretty fun shooter, but it gets kind of repetitive after a while, still, there are parts I liked. The shooting is allright, the graphics are as bas as people made them out to be, the "story" is so-so, it's funny and simple and tries to be more than it should.

I stress the term, shooter, because that's all this franchise is now. I wouldn't even call it with "light RPG elements" because tehre basically are none. Which is fine, because the game has moved from being an rpg to being a shooter. Once you accept that fact, you get along easier with the game.

And being angry that the fallout franchise has succumb to a shooter? I passed that rage a long long time ago. Time to move on, brothers and sisters.

pippin

It doesn't matter if Rage was good or bad, the point there was some sort of Molyneux moment where id promised 100x than what people finally got. John Carmack had to publicly apologize, even. That's why FO4's marketing campaign did itself: memes were more powerful than any promise. And people wouldn't feel dissapointed because they were promised nothing. You didn't had anything to be angry about. At least in theory.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Aaaaaaand Done.

I decided to side with the Brohood of Steel, and fucked up my real son and adopted my synth kid. I'm good guy like dat ! ;)

I might do another playthrough and choose the Intitute ending. So I can save my real son!

Yeah so, overall, it's a pretty fun shooter, but it gets kind of repetitive after a while, still, there are parts I liked. The shooting is allright, the graphics are as bas as people made them out to be, the "story" is so-so, it's funny and simple and tries to be more than it should.

I stress the term, shooter, because that's all this franchise is now. I wouldn't even call it with "light RPG elements" because tehre basically are none. Which is fine, because the game has moved from being an rpg to being a shooter. Once you accept that fact, you get along easier with the game.

And being angry that the fallout franchise has succumb to a shooter? I passed that rage a long long time ago. Time to move on, brothers and sisters.

Tell me more. Spoiler tag or PM if you must.

Gondolin

Arcane
edit:

9XMmZl7.jpg

Candy Rose?

0717ca0.jpg

rado907

Savant
Look at INT5 and INT9 perks. First outlines items with favorited junk, second doubles fusion core life (at max perk level in both cases).
Thanks!
Idea is that in early game you need to find those fuel cells which are rare. So you use power armor for bigger predictable fights. When you have your settlements going later in game you will be able to buy few of them in bulk thus not having a problem of running out of juice. Then there is also mentioned perk and perks via magazines that lowers juice use.
Also a good point.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Why in the settlements you create everything looks like crap?
Bethesda didn't even create new textures and meshes for a "repaired" version of houses, walls and furnitures?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom