Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Has everyone forgotten what a cringeworthy piece of shit Fallout 3 was?

Aside from the dialogue wheel and the removal of skills, it's a huge improvement in many ways.

I concur wholeheartedly.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I am honestly surprised how few bugs I have encountered so far, considering it's a Bethesda game. Aside from one neverending loading screen, I only encountered one recurring bug after about 1 day of playtime: occasionally my weapon/pipboy will become invisible, going to 3rd person and back fixes it. It's pretty funny considering how many NPCs I accidently shot because of this...
No CtD tho, compared to FNV that crashed at least once per hour.

I do like the amount of detail Beth invested in small things. Companions initiating dialogs with NPCs for example. Ze Curie chats up every doctor and scientist we come across, even random encounter doctors. And they recorded a specific response, not just a generic "get lost" line. She's still annoying tho.
Cap rewards don't seem to be leveled as well. Gone are the Skyrim times, where random peasants gave you enough to buy a small house if you were high enough level.
In fact I would be probably broke already if I hadn't created a purified water monopoly, since I use all drugs myself and scrap the rest for parts...

Settlement questshun:
So food is not shared between settlements with an active supply line after all? What's the point of having made Abanathy farm a huge slave labor plantation if I cannot support Sactuary, the beacon of vice, with it?
Supply runners also seem to still occupy beds. At least my drive-in cinema hub has a population of 10 with only 2 people standing there...
EDIT: found the answer myself: food IS shared, if the number is not red they get food from somewhere else.

Funfact: While the minutemen artillery strike looks nice, if you call it in at night apperently the settler assigned to it has to walk calmly to the mortar from his bed first. I had already killed every single breathing being before those lazy bastard dropped the balls on my head. One minute's notice my ass, no wonder you got wiped out.

Last edited:

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Lol yeah because adding a thousand people to a team out of the blue fixes everything instantly.
Worked for Assassin's Creed!

kzGqWDQ.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I am honestly surprised how few bugs I have encountered so far, considering it's a Bethesda game. Aside from one neverending loading screen, I only encountered one recurring bug after about 1 day of playtime: occasionally my weapon/pipboy will become invisible, going to 3rd person and back fixes it. It's pretty funny considering how many NPCs I accidently shot because of this...
No CtD tho, compared to FNV that crashed at least once per hour.

Fallout 4: It's not TOO buggy.

:avatard:

Lhynn

Arcane
Consoles can't use mods and are a big part of their fanbase.
Wut? yes they can, got a friend working on the infrastructure, youll be able to download mods made for pc from your console. This much has been announced already i believe.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Cap rewards don't seem to be leveled as well. Gone are the Skyrim times, where random peasants gave you enough to buy a small house if you were high enough level.
In fact I would be probably broke already if I hadn't created a purified water monopoly, since I use all drugs myself and scrap the rest for parts...

As for bugs, yeah, compared to previous Beth creations (and indeed, in this day and age, to most of the industry) F4 really is incredibly stable. Game never crashed, never froze, never freaked out in a major way. There's just one huge bug I ran into - McCreary's perk gives you perfect headshots under any circumstanes, instead of just a small boost. Which can be a gamechanger.

There's a lot of wall clipping and weird animation glitches ofc. At one time Trashcan Carla's brahmin became stuck in my bedroom for many days. A trifle but Carla wasn't available which was annoying since she was the only vendor in my Sanctuary.

And yeah, the economy is quite bizzare in this game. Unlike basically all the other RPGs in the past 15 years you're not drowning in moni two hours in. I was not exactly broke either since all I was buying was ammo but the weird thing is some vendors offer weapons and gear that seem completely unaffordable and stay unaffordable to the very end.

Right at the start when I got to Diamond City one of the vendors was offering an unique chest piece for 21 000 caps. Even though I was buying hardly anything outside ammo I ended the game with about 15 grand. Either you'd have to invest heavily in barter, settlement revenue streams and shit like that or I don't even know.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
somebody told me that RPGWatch is getting paid to promote games like FO4 on their steam curator page

I do not know how trustworthy that source is, however, I'm a bit concerned about RPGWatch's street cred after hearing that accusation. Have they sold out?

Anybody heard anything?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
somebody told me that RPGWatch is getting paid to promote games like FO4 on their steam curator page

I do not know how trustworthy that source is, however, I'm a bit concerned about RPGWatch's street cred after hearing that accusation. Have they sold out?

Anybody heard anything?

I heard that RPGWatch is getting paid to promote games like FO4 on their steam curator page.

Lhynn

Arcane
Its been rumored that RPGWatch has been receiving money for promoting fallout 4 in their steam curator page.

Last edited:

Moink

Cipher

Anybody heard anything?

Disappointed you guys didn't get any offers?

RPGWatch is being paid to promote Fallout 4 in their curator page? Like, paid with bribe money for a favorable review? Shirley you jest.

Has everyone forgotten what a cringeworthy piece of shit Fallout 3 was?

Aside from the dialogue wheel and the removal of skills, it's a huge improvement in many ways.

And a downgrade in many others, which is legit impressive. I was expecting Skyrim With Guns and got a Borderlands total conversion mod with undead child ghouls and pre-war jet.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Right at the start when I got to Diamond City one of the vendors was offering an unique chest piece for 21 000 caps. Even though I was buying hardly anything outside ammo I ended the game with about 15 grand. Either you'd have to invest heavily in barter, settlement revenue streams and shit like that or I don't even know.
Sad part about it is, those overpriced armors aren't even worth it. I bought some wastelander leather armor parts early on for 500 or so caps (thanks grape mentats) and I don't feel the need to switch to some 10k armor parts for... 5 extra defense? Better spent those caps on fusion cores curbstomb everything.
Unless there is some hidden set bonus, I don't know why they bothered putting those overpriced stuff on vendors, even IF you try to collect them all. You can make pretty good armor yourself and perk points are so plenty while next tiers require higher level that I caught myself running around with 5 unspent points.

I miss the times when every level up was a big thing, instead of FO4's "Oh, I gained another 4 levels already? Huh."...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Ahahaha "end" he said....
I stopped the stupid mainquest at lvl20 and went full hiking simulator. If my FO3 history repeats itself, I will never end it at all.
While I heard you can continue after finishing the mainquest, I assume you will end up being some big shot, destroying my immershun as a lowly wanderer. In Skyrim I hiked the whole continent in steel armor, because I hate it when everyone magically identifies me as the savior of mankind in daedric armor only to ask me to farm their potatos. Mmmm potatos...

PSA: I found a way to increase affection with Ze Curie: using stimpacks on downed companions. So, all you have to do is sent your most hated companion (cough McGreedy) to Red Rocket, empty you gun into him, use a stimpack, sleep 3 hours and repeat that until bored.
Fuck those people who use dogmeat for it!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Like you would ever need her stupid perk, drowning in stimpacks and meat as you are even on the very hard difficulty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom