Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - Morgoth has Pre-ordered

Sul

Savant

Multi-headed Cow

Still inclined to agree with Skyway grumping on this, but I will say that soundtrack sounded about right. Maybe a bit too high quality, but the soundtrack was by far closest to what they seemed to be shooting for.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is a good thing, not because of the game itself, but because of its price. Ubisoft has just seen it can make a lot of money from releasing indie-priced AAA games. The 60 dollar figure is no longer sacred.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is a good thing, not because of the game itself, but because of its price. Ubisoft has just seen it can make a lot of money from releasing indie-priced AAA games. The 60 dollar figure is no longer sacred.

Watch as they now charge $60 for a stand alone full length sequel (with multiplayer):troll:

They might do that, but it doesn't invalidate what I said.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I'm actually honestly surprised at the $15 price point. Any other publisher would likely have charged $30 for this game.

MetalCraze

Arcane

True. $15 DLCs are the innovation we've been waiting for.

Except it's a fucking standalone. Can you not deliberately miss the point at least once in a while Skyway? You know, for the sake of variety.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
And a pretty good one at that. Sure, it's nothing revolutionary, but it's good campy fun.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Except it's a fucking standalone. Can you not deliberately miss the point at least once in a while Skyway? You know, for the sake of variety.
A standalone DLC which is nothing but the same shitty gameplay of FC3 plus a hipster filter on top (durr I'm getin doom n quake vibe from dis!1)? Truly this never ever happened before.

Waiting for deepthroating of Blacklist next for returning to Splinter Cell's roots too. Because Ubisoftu Akbar.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
For some extra llulz

Random Bitch:Is it over?

Rex Power Colt:No,it's a Far Cry from being over....3

:hero:

Angthoron

Arcane
So I just finished Blood Dragon.

To put it short: very enjoyable as a "modern shooter". Doesn't try to be Quake, Doom or anything of the sort, rather, just takes the general modern shootery stuff and does it well. Nice throwbacks to the VHS era, decent action, some good dialogues, one-liners and cringeworthy puns.

Oh yeah, and the end sequence. Holy fuck :lol:

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
whats up with the save system, i was at the second fase of the dam quest and it didnt save ffs. FFS.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Far Cry 3 did the same. The save checkpoint system is completely fucked up.

Checkpoints are only checkpoints. It saves only after you complete mission fully. Hard as fuck games with quicksaves will always be better. I remember using quicksave cheat with first Far Cry. Way more fun, and still harder than this shit.

gromit

Arcane
Behold... KOTAKU

tl;dr:
Fluff-writer accuses ironic 80's pastiche of homophobia; makes giant 'mo shoot gin out nose
Interviewer refuses not-so-subtle hinting, outs subject's colleague describing own attempts to understand wtf

MetalCraze

Arcane
So basically according to dev reply this hipster piece of shit was made literally by the giant faggots.

It all makes sense now. I thought that it was made by hipsters who had no clue how 80s were but it's even worse.

Gozma

Arcane
The preview of this I saw had internet memes all over the place in it. Internet memes ain't '80s

I like '80s nostalgia in general but I think this is pretty tone-deaf and tryhard bros

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom