Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Female Identification Tag (FIT)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why do people find eye contact so hard outside contexts of guilt? Always just seemed a part of polite conversation to make eye contact with someone.
It's sensory overload for people on the spectrum. Instant distress.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I mean I figured the autism correlation with it, I just never got why. Sensory overload because of like ... having to try to interpret a bunch of body language?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I mean I figured the autism correlation with it, I just never got why. Sensory overload because of like ... having to try to interpret a bunch of body language?
There's a lot of visual information within the eyes.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Imagine you found out Sukhāvatī was actually a qigong-loving blonde who looked like this:
qigong-chinese-meditation-and-sport-training-outdoor-fit-blonde-girl-is-meditating-outdoor-near-chinese-arbor-2JDKWXE.jpg

You'd be ashamed of your words & deeds
Brunettes>blondes

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
There's a huge difference between "freaking out" and being uncomfortable. People rarely "freak out" over eye contact.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Dadd I was being a bit hyperbolic, but a willingness to meet eye contact is sometimes interpreted as a sign of "innocence". But of course, this is nonsense and meaningless if you don't know someone's baseline behaviour to begin with.

We should start a codex dating program.
Have you a plan to invoke a mass coming-out event?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

The codex dream. Talking to a beautiful woman about RPGs with her making these faces. @ 3:12 you can tell it was a joke about Sawyer.

(I know it's one of mine)

Dream? I always get reactions like 0:20 - 0:35 whenever I bring up my dual katana wielding drow gish with a dark secret and edgy past.

Sometimes if they're really nice, I'll bring up my level 70 gnome illusionist. Bitches love the gnome illusionist.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
the concept of this thread is forever-alone inceldom and everyone supporting it needs to set aside their keyboard and go outside for the next year+

it’s logarithmic cringe, above and beyond the most advance reddit-tier cringe known to mankind

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Why do people find eye contact so hard outside contexts of guilt? Always just seemed a part of polite conversation to make eye contact with someone.
As a lifelong eye contact avoider most people don't seem to find it that impolite in practice as long as you glance at their face every so often during conversation. Although if they are uncomfortable you have spared yourself the bother of noticing it by not looking at them properly so it works out regardless.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
As a lifelong eye contact avoider most people don't seem to find it that impolite in practice as long as you glance at their face every so often during conversation. Although if they are uncomfortable you have spared yourself the bother of noticing it by not looking at them properly so it works out regardless.
Oh, for sure. I don't really care if someone isn't willing to make eye contact with me, I guess I've just been conditioned into feeling rude or something if I'm not doing so myself at least half the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom