Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

Nahel

Arcane
They can't even remake a game properly. They need to ruin the gameplay and make it in 3 parts. It shows how much square and gaming in general hae declined. Pathetic

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Shit looking combat.
Awful VA.
Don Corneo will be toned down, if he's even in.
No cross dressing.
No gay bath.
No Fort Condor.
No fun.
Doubtful that the Golden Saucer will even have half the mini games that it did in the original, not to mention that it won't even be in until the 2nd part probably. Possibility that Squeenix will sell additional minigames as paid DLC is way too high.

Just play the original.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's most depressing is that their original Remake design for Cloud was friggin perfect - he looked visibly ill from Mako poisoning, completely dehydrated and disoriented. But of course some big shot marketing asshole had to get involved and now we have teenage jpop star Cloud.

Falksi

Arcane
How can they not get the original so badly? It's like taking a sexy 18 y/o schoolgirl, putting her in a slutty outfit and trying to make her look 25.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
They could have easily pulled off a 1:1 remake and they went with this instead. It's mind boggling, it seems like it would have been cheaper, faster, and more profitable to simply remake the original in one go.

Hassar

Scholar
This is one of the entries in the series I like the least so I am not too concerned about it. It’s good that fans are finally getting a game that’s been teased for a decade though. I would like to see FF1 get a next gen makeover, though.

Doubtful that the Golden Saucer will even have half the mini games that it did in the original, not to mention that it won't even be in until the 2nd part probably. Possibility that Squeenix will sell additional minigames as paid DLC is way too high.

Golden Saucer will probably be gacha games that use real money MTX.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Golden Saucer will probably be gacha games that use real money MTX.
And it will be a mobile companion app, to reach a wider audience.

Melcar

Arcane
As long as I get tits and ninja jailbait it's all cool.

0aea03ed0d11fdf5d699dbc168ed6670.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

jungl

Augur
I'm surprised how annoying the voice acting is in that trailer. Voice over in general is overrated whether it English or Japanese always hear the same old shitty english and japanese voice actors.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'm surprised how annoying the voice acting is in that trailer. Voice over in general is overrated whether it English or Japanese always hear the same old shitty english and japanese voice actors.

It's that annoying English VA direction they go with. FF13 was the pinnacle of that practice considering what a crazy budget it must've had. What I mean is you have [for the most part] competent VA cast working with a translated script and very specific "anime" voice over style. Which is sad because they got it so right with FF12 despite everyone sounding like they recorded their lines in the nearest trash container because of necessary audio compression. Maybe it had to do with getting VAs experienced with theater?

Unwanted

†††

Patron
they just don't get it, do they? sales and relevancy has been on a steady decline ever since they ditched the traditional turn based combat. What's their idea to revitalize the series? just take the most beloved entry and make it in the style of the newer ones which nobody likes. Utter retards. I wonder how many flops in a row do they need to go "back to the roots" and make a classically style FF again.

Okagron

Prophet
What makes it worse is that they have been publishing successful turn based RPGs like Bravely Default and Octopath Traveler (even was involved with the development of the latter). Sure, it's not "10 million copies sold" levels of sucess, but they were still sucessful. I also think 10 million copies or anything near that for the first year or something is a completely unrealistic measure for the success of a game, even for a Final Fantasy game.

But nope, let's gut the battle system a lot of the Final Fantasy 7 players like in favor of a much more actiony one in a misguided logic that the combat being more action based will sell more than turn based. Let's not even attempt to improve the original, just replace it.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What makes it worse is that they have been publishing successful turn based RPGs like Bravely Default and Octopath Traveler (even was involved with the development of the latter). Sure, it's not "10 million copies sold" levels of sucess, but they were still sucessful. I also think 10 million copies or anything near that for the first year or something is a completely unrealistic measure for the success of a game, even for a Final Fantasy game.

But nope, let's gut the battle system a lot of the Final Fantasy 7 players like in favor of a much more actiony one in a misguided logic that the combat being more action based will sell more than turn based. Let's not even attempt to improve the original, just replace it.

A 3A graphics and development will not justify turn based game tho. Both Bravely Default and Octopath Traveler combined would not amount to maybe half of current FF-7 budget. You need to understand that they are not making the remake for the old fans, or at least not only for the old fans, but to introduce FF7 to newer generation. The original game is lauded as "the best" of FF and FF7 is perhaps the only Square IP with a very strong franchise. Newer gamer know of "the legend" so to speak, but will not try the game, and thus have no connection to the franchise. Making a game which tells the same story (and IIRC they are going to expand each section of the game? Like I remember you are going to able to visit other Midgar sectors or something) with modern appeal is what Square is going for so that newer gamer will have connection to FF7 franchise.

A 1 to 1 remake with only better graphics will only appeal to JRPG veteran, which is not what they are going for. And if you are doing a AAA title, decent action combat will always out-sell TB one simply for general appeal. There is a reason there are very few AAA turn based RPG anymore, be it in Japan or West.

hexer

they just don't get it, do they? sales and relevancy has been on a steady decline ever since they ditched the traditional turn based combat. What's their idea to revitalize the series? just take the most beloved entry and make it in the style of the newer ones which nobody likes. Utter retards. I wonder how many flops in a row do they need to go "back to the roots" and make a classically style FF again.

What do you mean?
FF XV is the third biggest selling FF game, just behind FF VII and FF X.
https://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-sales-hit-8-4-million-shipped-worldwide/

inb4 FF X Remake

Deflowerer

Arcane

What do you mean?
FF XV is the third biggest selling FF game, just behind FF VII and FF X.
https://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-sales-hit-8-4-million-shipped-worldwide/

inb4 FF X Remake

Yeah, it continues to sell well, but XV also had such a messy development cycle and so much wasted resources that I wouldn't be surprised if its return on investment was pretty poor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom