Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm looking forward to FFVIIR but Final Fantasy VI and IX are still my favourites. But VI or IX getting a remake is never going to happen. :negative:

They are also my favourites, but, uh, I ain't looking forward to a 'photorealistic' CGI version of Zidane. He'll somehow look like a child molester with a tail fetish

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's the least of my concerns. I'm thinking about how they would molest the games. They already gave FFVI a horrible look in the mobile version.

Jinn

Arcane
VI and IX really don't need remakes. Graphically, they were both created at the sweet spot for the consoles they were designed for and had well-established game mechanics and systems.

It could be argued that VII's remake is a little more warranted because of the awkward place it landed graphically, and that its systems needed to be fleshed out a little more. Now, we know they have the graphical side of things nailed down. Let's hope they improve the gameplay in some way.

Hassar

Scholar
VI and IX really don't need remakes. Graphically, they were both created at the sweet spot for the consoles they were designed for and had well-established game mechanics and systems.

It could be argued that VII's remake is a little more warranted because of the awkward place it landed graphically, and that its systems needed to be fleshed out a little more. Now, we know they have the graphical side of things nailed down. Let's hope they improve the gameplay in some way.

I think if anything, they could remake FFVI to more clearly match Amano’s character design and art style. That would be interesting.

Jinn

Arcane
I think if anything, they could remake FFVI to more clearly match Amano’s character design and art style. That would be interesting.

If they could really match Amano's style, I'd be all for that. Especially if they basically left the gameplay untouched. Won't happen though.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I'm looking forward to FFVIIR but Final Fantasy VI and IX are still my favourites. But VI or IX getting a remake is never going to happen. :negative:

They are also my favourites, but, uh, I ain't looking forward to a 'photorealistic' CGI version of Zidane. He'll somehow look like a child molester with a tail fetish
Now that I think of it. I agree. That would be quite disturbing. They'd have to rewrite the script so Vivi is Zidane's pedo interest.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

If they could really match Amano's style, I'd be all for that. Especially if they basically left the gameplay untouched. Won't happen though.
nah, nomura will just redesign everything. prepare for clown shoes and amount of belts that makes BDSM queen envious

sullynathan

Arcane
ELZD_37UEAELwKG
Seems to be a timed exclusive

Cat Dude

Savant

Amano's style is too artistic to be adapted into 3d design.

Duraframe300

Arcane

At least on charachter design there's a pc mod for that:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...04190464/Atma_Weapon_Installer_2019-06-05.zip

Fixes sprites, reverts charachters and monsters to their original amano design (portraits and sprites now match up like Locke or blonde Terra). Already posted about it. Might even be in this thread.

Last edited:

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
The only epic thing about it is Jessie's little titties breastplate. The combat looks like a button mashing borefest.

jungl

Augur
Button mashing combat system always gets annoying fast. Its similar to listening to metal and thrash music for a little a while its okay but then you get sick of it and want to turn that shit off.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Button mashing combat system always gets annoying fast. Its similar to listening to metal and thrash music for a little a while its okay but then you get sick of it and want to turn that shit off.
Metal is probably the most diverse genre of music covering every single faucet you can imagine.
Unless you believe doom and folk metal sound the same.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
That combat looks like shit. Why even bother making a Final Fantasy VII remake if you are going to completely change the combat? May as well simply release a miniseries covering the whole story and sidequests...

Oh, that's right: the fanboys.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It just isn't right without Mr T as Barret's voice. He'd also adlib some sucka's there at the right points.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom