Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News First work in progress screenshot of Wasteland 2 revealed

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I'll pretend you're not some someone's alt just for this occasion and point out what was said before. You'd have to look at VD history to see how full of it he is and how obvious the jealousy is...
It's THAT obvious? Sorry, I'll try to tone it down a bit.

... since he's making his own project ...
The pressure... it's getting to me. Every released RPG is a stab in the back. Every developer is my enemy, working to undermine me. And Fargo... Fargo has made it personal! HE WILL LIVE TO REGRET IT!!!!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The Fargo-Cain conflict has been patched up, actually. Cain, Boyarsky and Chris Taylor worked on a pitch document for Wasteland 2 with inXile.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Yeah. Chris mentions it in a forum interview. I asked Fargo about it and he said they buried their differences. But despite having those kinds of names on offer, no publisher was interested. He's not going to release anything from the pitch right now but will probably do so later (we asked, of course).

Now, for some inside dirt, I actually did a treatment a few years ago for inXile for a Wasteland 2 (along with Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky). Leonard did this concept art of a mutant dog riding a human that I will always treasure. (And an armed Nun that you would not want to run into in the middle of the night.) It was a fun pitch to make even if it didn't go anywhere.

Gord

Arcane
I think this thread is showing nicely why no developer should bother with releasing screenshots for highly anticipated projects.

:M

Now, for some inside dirt, I actually did a treatment a few years ago for inXile for a Wasteland 2 (along with Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky). Leonard did this concept art of a mutant dog riding a human that I will always treasure. (And an armed Nun that you would not want to run into in the middle of the night.) It was a fun pitch to make even if it didn't go anywhere.

That's the kind of thing I hope to see. I also really hope that there will be nice 2D art somewhere in the game. Loved those old monster/character portraits.
Yeah bro! I really look forward to that too.

Vault Dweller

Developer
The pressure... it's getting to me. Every released RPG is a stab in the back. Every developer is my enemy, working to undermine me. And Fargo... Fargo has made it personal! HE WILL LIVE TO REGRET IT!!!!

If it's any comfort I don't think you're jealous, just retarded.
How can you say such mean, hurtful things? Don't you know how much your opinion means to me?

How can one succeed where the great vault dweller fails?!?!
Are you so self-centered (aspergers perhaps?) that you're unable to comprehend the idea of not looking through the world through the prism of you?

How can one go faster than the great Tim Cain, perfect space jesus messiah man? He may have never done anything worth noting before fallout but he was created in perfection and even doing the project a second time he could not possibly go faster even though he has ten times the experience now and would know exactly how to do everything.
Right. That's why Arcanum and Bloodlines took 3 years to make and ToEE - a quick combat game based on the existing engine - 20 months. Because you can really shave off a few years if you know what you're doing.

It's not about whether or not someone can go faster than Tim Cain. It's about the fact that nobody did, not in the last 15 years. I can't think of a single quality RPG (that wasn't a straight sequel like KOTOR 2, which was still rushed and shipped in an incomplete state) that was done in less than 2.5-3 years.

It's not an attack on Fargo. It's a cause for concern. Nothing else. Some people adopt winning "but it's great Fargo! He knows what's doing. He ran a studio, you know!" attitude, which sounds like something you can find on Bethesda or Bioware forums. "How dare you question DEVs? They know what they're doing! Be grateful that they are making games for you!" M'kay.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Hey Brian, nice article, is it yours?
Thanks!

And hows your second game going? The one with the Zombies?
All good. Working hard. You know, 18 months development cycle and all that. Gotta give it 110%. It's a tight schedule, but, well, you know, you go out there and you give a 110%, and you wanna do good, and, you know, you hope you do good... I think we did pretty good so far!

EG

Nullified
If they can't make it in 18 months, they'll lie and push up the release date, anyway.

They always do.

Captain Shrek

Hey Brian, nice article, is it yours?
Thanks!

And hows your second game going? The one with the Zombies?
All good. Working hard. You know, 18 months development cycle and all that. Gotta give it 110%. It's a tight schedule, but, well, you know, you go out there and you give a 110%, and you wanna do good, and, you know, you hope you do good... I think we did pretty good so far!

I liked the original better.

Anyway.

Brian, I had to ask. What is your opinion on video game graphics?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I hopw raewur ne hope this game comes out within the 18 month time period purely for the sake that VD might actually shut his annoying fucking mouth for once. Jesus fuck.

Vault Dweller

Developer
I hopw raewur ne hope this game comes out within the 18 month time period purely for the sake that VD might actually shut his annoying fucking mouth for once. Jesus fuck.
Ah, to be young and get all butthurt when someone doesn't love your favourite game as much as you do... Good times, good times...

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Ah, to be young and get all butthurt when someone doesn't love your favourite game as much as you do... Good times, good times...
I think you are confusing butthurt complete retardation.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Every time I think "this conversation has nowhere to go but up" it reaches a new low.

I am genuinely impressed. Keep it up.

kaizoku

Arcane
I'm curious... where is the download link to your RPG demo?

And where's yours?
You're the one who claims to be the programming guru. I'm sure you can do one in no time.

And where's VD's supposed RPG again? Oh yeah it's not an RPG but an urban intrigue simulator.
It's a RPG to me.
If you prefer D3, then go for it.
And feel free to give a definition for RPG too.

I have a real job, I don't have time for cute little modding stuff (but maybe some day).
Yet you have lots of time for the codex. We thank you for your time oh wise one.

If you really have to troll, or attempt at if... then please try to be funny.
Your shit is boring.

EG

Nullified
I think the image looks pretty good. Haters gonna hate.

Must be . . . might slight red-green color blindness and stationary congenital night blindness interfering with the aesthetic pleasure the image radiates.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom