Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets opening a new RPG studio - Digimancy Entertainment

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
luj1, since you arrived on this forum from RPGWatch, you've quite successfully try-harded your way to the top of the edgy social ladder. But sorry, I don't think you're going to get anti-George Zietsism to become a thing on the Codex. Not yet.

While I accept being instrumental in spreading awareness of your shillary and Obsidian bias, you don't understand one crucial thing. It's not anti-Soyerism or anti-Zietsism. I'm merely anti-decline. The person is not important.

Secondly, I am not important either. Soyer destroyed himself. People have standards (unlike you) and will recognize decline. As they should.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
luj1, since you arrived on this forum from RPGWatch, you've quite successfully try-harded your way to the top of the edgy social ladder. But sorry, I don't think you're going to get anti-George Zietsism to become a thing on the Codex. Not yet.
George will achieve it on his own self with his next nuRPG title (pronouns: shit/shit).

Tigranes

Arcane
But luj1, do you actually have any opinions? I don't remember you ever having one. Just random edgy.

As for Ziets, I'm not sure he'll ever create a substantial RPG again.

CyberModuled

Arbiter
Is he just talking to them or is he hiring them?

Their website only shows the three founders, no list of other staff.
Not certain, but I think two (Nowak and Annie) of them are just talking. Nowak is a co-founder of Torpor Games and just released Suzerain last year so he's likely staying at his studio. Annie seems to be back on working on Guild Wars 2 since late 2019 so it's unlikely too. As Infil mentioned earlier, the two Digimancy devs just seem to be Ziets and Rattasepp who did Death and Taxes as mentioned in the description of the panel earlier and currently is working at Digimancy.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Märten is an ex-academic with a background in literary and cultural theory/criticism, with a side of semiotics, philosophy and classical philology. During his researcher days he focused mostly on modernism-postmodernism-amodernism, historiography and metafiction

WTF did i just read lmao.
Hundreds of thousands of wasted tuition money.

pomenitul

Arbiter
But luj1, do you actually have any opinions? I don't remember you ever having one. Just random edgy.

He is just another anonymous edgelord among the countless hollow voices whose despair haunts these forums.

One of many.

One_of_Many_SS_111811_185940.jpg

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
Märten is an ex-academic with a background in literary and cultural theory/criticism, with a side of semiotics, philosophy and classical philology. During his researcher days he focused mostly on modernism-postmodernism-amodernism, historiography and metafiction

WTF did i just read lmao.
Seems like an elongation/dilation of "useless person".

Nothing worthwhile or notable, nothing worth quoting, memorizing or repeating has ever been uttered by anyone using Pronouns in their Bio. Nobody has ever missed enlightenment by toning out and not listening to "he/him" or "she/hers" or whatever.

It's like a useful qualifier denoting that the person behind it is entirely void of their own worthwhile substantive thoughts and ideas. Like starting a conference talk about a Technical topic with "Googoo Gaga, I'm Pickle Rick!" where you know you can vacate your seat or maybe more equivalent to thanking all Comrades, the Party and the Youth League for 5-10 minutes before a speech.

Murk

Arcane
Is he just talking to them or is he hiring them?

Their website only shows the three founders, no list of other staff.
Not certain, but I think two (Nowak and Annie) of them are just talking. Nowak is a co-founder of Torpor Games and just released Suzerain last year so he's likely staying at his studio. Annie seems to be back on working on Guild Wars 2 since late 2019 so it's unlikely too. As Infil mentioned earlier, the two Digimancy devs just seem to be Ziets and Rattasepp who did Death and Taxes as mentioned in the description of the panel earlier and currently is working at Digimancy.

If he's on some panel then whatever; the entire industry is flooded with political this or that. There's no avoiding the muck if one wants to go down that route, and unfortunately these are the environments in which a person can drum up press and attention.

As long as his games have some redeeming quality and are worth playing, which I believe Ziets is *capable* of making, then eh.

*Capable* though doesn't always translate to a final product worth playing. So time and all that. As a rule I don't remain optimistic about things anymore, but as an exhausted boomer, I don't bother cursing the clouds much either anymore.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ziets is a guy that wrote that NN2 expansion people said is good, but they don't talk about it and when they do they say it's just ok? Is he the guy that gave us PoE and Numerumena?

Ok. At least you have your dumb politics to talk about.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Ziets should explain what I want to know, the thought process behind a particular character's plan in Wasteland 3's ending.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Ziets is a guy that wrote that NN2 expansion people said is good.
I have no interest in Codex politics or edginess, but MOTB is not "good," it's amazing, despite having as its base an engine with a terrible camera, mediocre (at best) combat, and unappealing visuals. The Codex put it at #12!

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Not to discount Ziets' achievement with MotB, but its soundtrack (Rik Schaffer [VTM], Alex Brandon [Deus Ex, UT, etc]) also does much to make it great.

Gargaune

Magister
Not to discount Ziets' achievement with MotB, but its soundtrack (Rik Schaffer [VTM], Alex Brandon [Deus Ex, UT, etc]) also does much to make it great.
That reminds me, anyone got the original tracklist for MotB's score? I've got it kicking around my music library with no order and such inspired titles like "Neverwinter Nights 2 Mask of the Betrayer soundtrack - fuguecombat."

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I have no idea whether this Martens guy has or ever will produce anything of value, but considering his background reads extremely similar to Umberto Eco’s I think you morons could tone down your edginess.

I want you to know that I give retadred ratings very rarely and that yours is well deserved. Yes, let's compare some random liberal arts PhD (if that) schmuck with one of the greatest intellectuals and novelists of the past century. The onus is on the schmuck to achieve something more than what his pithy titles or keywords grant him. You had the right idea in the first part of your sentence, but then went to shit extremely quickly.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I have no idea whether this Martens guy has or ever will produce anything of value, but considering his background reads extremely similar to Umberto Eco’s I think you morons could tone down your edginess.

Marten edited Disco Pretentious, RPG Cringedex's new favorite walk-and-talker-with-stats.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Nobody with Pronouns next to to his name is worth listening to about anything.
Yep, what would someone learn with Annie? "How feminism made people look to my pronouns to check if I'm a trans"?

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Well, based on his pronouns, we now know he likes women, based on Avellone's trajectory, liking women = literally Hitler on the gaming industry, so, if you run a simulation using all the woke cancellation parameters, there is a 105% chance of him ending like a rapist white supremacist, so yeah, you maybe are more right than you suspect.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Well, based on his pronouns, we now know he likes women, based on Avellone's trajectory, liking women = literally Hitler on the gaming industry, so, if you run a simulation using all the woke cancellation parameters, there is a 105% chance of him ending like a rapist white supremacist, so yeah, you maybe are more right than you suspect.

He could always troon out and blame his behavior on gender dysphoria and ToXiC mAsCuLiNiTy.

Edit: Don't give MCA any ideas though. Absolutely not.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I hear zinc is good.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

[In a black-and-white educational film, Jimmy is trying to start his car with any success]
Jimmy: Hey, what gives?
Jimmy's Dad: You said you wanted to live in a world without zinc, Jimmy. Well, now your car has no battery.
Jimmy: But I promised Betty I'd pick her up by six. I'd better give her a call.
[He tries to dial Betty's number, but nothing happens]
Jimmy's Dad: [chuckles] Sorry, Jimmy. Without zinc for the rotary mechanism, there are no telephones.
Jimmy: [distraught] Dear God, what have I done?
[He takes a gun out of the drawer, puts it against his head and pulls the trigger, but it doesn't fire]
Jimmy's Dad: Think again, Jimmy. You see, the firing pin in your gun was made of, yep, zinc!
Jimmy: Come back, zinc! Come back!
[Dissolve to Jimmy in his bed, talking in his sleep and waving his arms]
Jimmy: Come back...zinc...come back...zinc... [wakes up] Zinc? Zi..what? [sighs in relief] It was all a dream. Thank goodness I still live in a world of telephones, car batteries, handguns [a gun bang is heard], and many things made of zinc.
- The Simpsons, Season 3, Episode 15, "Bart the Lover"

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Nobody is going to downplay MOTB here. The very first conversation you have as soon as you come out of the starting dungeon is leaps and bound beyond anything from the main game, and all you are doing at that point is talk to some merchant or whatever the fuck lmao.

I hope he doesn't end up like Avellone since good video game writing is rare enough as it is and we don't need to get good talent thrown to the gutter because of this modern cancer. Recommend minimum interaction with woke females as a starter.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ziets is a guy that wrote that NN2 expansion people said is good.
I have no interest in Codex politics or edginess, but MOTB is not "good," it's amazing, despite having as its base an engine with a terrible camera, mediocre (at best) combat, and unappealing visuals. The Codex put it at #12!
I was talking about Storm of Zesomething.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom