Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Azdul

Magister
Every owner of Quake2 gets Enhanced edtion for free

378019c93fb4198e8dee331cf7c6597ad7890447427371a9acba978b16f57560.jpg
:prosper:
8a3f0400e1e4ec8fd4885b5a69ec6a1a97b4596b4608e8ae6485b64117876306.jpg
200w.gif
People complained on GOG forums about Quake 1 Enhanced not being available. So - GOG gave Quake 1 Enhanced for free to every Quake 1 owner - just a year late - as usual.

Now they preemptively gave Quake 2 Enhanced to Quake 2 owners.

Any more complains - and everyone who owns Realms of Arkania : Blade of Destiny will get HD edition for free. You've been warned.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Nothing like playing that original quake in dos. (Although, I forget what sound card I even had at the time. I had a few I switched out. Oh ancient 486 dx4-100 (originally just sone 49
Every owner of Quake2 gets Enhanced edtion for free

378019c93fb4198e8dee331cf7c6597ad7890447427371a9acba978b16f57560.jpg
:prosper:
8a3f0400e1e4ec8fd4885b5a69ec6a1a97b4596b4608e8ae6485b64117876306.jpg
200w.gif
People complained on GOG forums about Quake 1 Enhanced not being available. So - GOG gave Quake 1 Enhanced for free to every Quake 1 owner - just a year late - as usual.

Now they preemptively gave Quake 2 Enhanced to Quake 2 owners.

Any more complains - and everyone who owns Realms of Arkania : Blade of Destiny will get HD edition for free. You've been warned.
WELL! I’d take that and give it a non steam playthrough.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
379ea87a0841f7956bec245ce5a20d3f83cd53b9fa3806223d5e1bca43cedaeb_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_450.jpg

She’s so horny she can’t wait for you to create your Chad! This game was way under my radar. We have a thread and history on it?

TL;DR:

o Kill a boss, get its augment (special power)

o Play Spider-Man with your grappling hook
o One-up Duke Nukem with your chainsaw kick
o Kills = cash. Use cash to install augments, upgrade your weapons, and add new abilities in your talent tree
o Be a ghost runner while wall running
o Attack from above riding the hood of your flying car like a kung-furious badass
o Mini-rockets built into your robotic arm? ✔
o This. List. Will. Grow. Wishlist the game to see it happen

Hmmmm….. I need to love at their release vids. Sounds pretty over the top action.

INDEED!

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
379ea87a0841f7956bec245ce5a20d3f83cd53b9fa3806223d5e1bca43cedaeb_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_450.jpg

She’s so horny she can’t wait for you to create your Chad! This game was way under my radar. We have a thread and history on it?

TL;DR:

o Kills = cash. Use cash to install augments, upgrade your weapons, and add new abilities in your talent tree
o Attack from above riding the hood of your flying car like a kung-furious badass

Hmmmm….. I need to love at their release vids. Sounds pretty over the top action.

INDEED!
It's featuring Sean Connery.
soa_033.png

I did not manage to complete it but I still think somehow that I explored most of it.

It's inspired by The Bard's Tale yet there are some differences. There's a world map, character system is actually not that close to The Bard's Tale and it's balanced differently, the rise in power during the game is bigger than in their later games but still much lower than in The Bard's Tale.

Characters start with a special ability and gain one when they level up, and I think those abilities does not depend on their class, and some of these abilities are used outside combat and some others inside combat, I remember they're some you're super happy to get but I can't remember exactly which. I run a lot in the beginning and died when I did not manage to. I don't remember much tactic, mostly eventually not fleeing from enemies anymore when I got strong enough. I did not hate the combat, but did not love it either, it works, and if anything it takes less time than in their later games.

You're travelling between dungeons and towns via a world map, and there are a couple of towns just like the one in The Bard's Tale and the ones in Blade of Destiny, with plenty of buildings but only a few of interests, there's still something to solve in each of the town and sometimes a bit to solve using info from other towns. There are a couple of things you're solving via triggering the right keyword through a keyboard dialog system. The dungeons are not as good and atmospheric as in their later game but they're quite OK with at least some unique content, and they're not easy to solve. Solving the game is fun enough, although as I said I did not put everything together in the end.

I'm not sure I ever cast a spell, you need specific sets of runes but I did not find many runes. This is probably on me, maybe the spell system is actually good, I don't know. Encounter rate is not even close to the one in The Bard's Tale, yet somehow in my memory it's still too high anyway.

Overall it's pretty much an average game.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

TL;DR:

INDEED!
It's featuring Sean Connery.
soa_033.png

I did not manage to complete it but I still think somehow that I explored most of it.

It's inspired by The Bard's Tale yet there are some differences. There's a world map, character system is actually not that close to The Bard's Tale and it's balanced differently, the rise in power during the game is bigger than in their later games but still much lower than in The Bard's Tale.

Characters start with a special ability and gain one when they level up, and I think those abilities does not depend on their class, and some of these abilities are used outside combat and some others inside combat, I remember they're some you're super happy to get but I can't remember exactly which. I run a lot in the beginning and died when I did not manage to. I don't remember much tactic, mostly eventually not fleeing from enemies anymore when I got strong enough. I did not hate the combat, but did not love it either, it works, and if anything it takes less time than in their later games.

You're travelling between dungeons and towns via a world map, and there are a couple of towns just like the one in The Bard's Tale and the ones in Blade of Destiny, with plenty of buildings but only a few of interests, there's still something to solve in each of the town and sometimes a bit to solve using info from other towns. There are a couple of things you're solving via triggering the right keyword through a keyboard dialog system. The dungeons are not as good and atmospheric as in their later game but they're quite OK with at least some unique content, and they're not easy to solve. Solving the game is fun enough, although as I said I did not put everything together in the end.

I'm not sure I ever cast a spell, you need specific sets of runes but I did not find many runes. This is probably on me, maybe the spell system is actually good, I don't know. Encounter rate is not even close to the one in The Bard's Tale, yet somehow in my memory it's still too high anyway.

Overall it's pretty much an average game.
Nice Conan pose by Hanzo!
Also Aibell looks pretty much like Valeria.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Where’s that hand going? Animated bardstale-like pic…. RATED NAUGHTY! WOOF WOOF!

Anyway, what’s the difference between GOG version and the abandonware dos version (yeah grab it while you can for dos, amiga, c64)?

Rpg addict
So, it is pre-Realms of Arkania developed. Interesting.
soa_055.png

There are times I wish the Addict shared all his maps. I Love comparing mapping.
soamc.PNG

Last edited:
Well I'll be damned. It took them a relatively short amount of time to get it in there, but then again, it's almost a decade old at this point.

Everyone's favorite RPG was released on GOG:

https://af.gog.com/en/game/fallout_4_game_of_the_year_edition?as=1649904300

Supposedly the DLCs are good (judging from comments on the F4 thread) but i never played them.
Now watch the "mods don't work!!" drama for the coming months.
The drama was related to Bethesda updating FO3 after releasing it on gog, which made a lot of mods not work on both Steam's and GOG's versions. Some dude applied his Skyrim mod list on GOG's version of the game and out of like 120, only 4 or 5 had compatibility issues, and those were pretty minor ones as well.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Even though it's still August GOG started an Autumn sale for some reason

Also Hero of The kingdom 2 is free on their main page

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Hah! Just like my local Bi-Mart. They had Halloween candy out at the beginning of August. Everyone wants to jump the season gun. The last 1/3 of summer I call Dog or Dawg Days of Summer. Fucking Autumn is the 20th, 21st, or 22nd IMHO.

Damn news anchors saying huzzah for cool weather and pumpkin spice. I’m like STFU, let the heat burn on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom