Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition - GTA 3 trilogy remaster

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Check out the remastered crouching animation. 60 bucks all day.

11-11-2021-8-32-37-PM-sq3s1tbw.png

11-11-2021-8-32-37-PM-q4fqjsie.png
Also good for driving!
5jomwolurzy71.jpg

Okagron

Prophet
All of this just made me install the original San Andreas, downgrade it to version 1.0 to restore the songs that were removed and install a bunch of mods that do most of what the remaster does.

Time for fat CJ playthrough.

Last edited:

lycanwarrior

Scholar
The overall sentiment about this trilogy seems to be mostly negativity and bitching.

Man, what a fall from grace from once storied developer.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Looks like they outsourced it to ESLs with a very poor grasp on English, so literally all of the puns and jokes in text are just translated to total nonsense instead.

What the fuck is a guitar henk booth?

qrgz5Lz.jpg

Last edited:

toughasnails

I'm guessing that the PC version was pulled specifically to get rid of that removed and censored content.
Modders will likely be bringing all that back sooner or latter, with or without it being present in the game files. But I can already see the devs regularly updating with updates "coincidentally" also messing up the existing mods.

Mise

Not The Best Games
Developer
Unity asset flips selliing for $0.59 are better quality than this.

ferratilis

Magister
I tried it on gamepass, and they have completely fucked up lighting during cutscenes, and sometimes even during normal play. It's just the old San Andreas with a new coat of paint, which is generally nice (60fps also feels good), but there are many parts where the new graphics clash with the style and tone of the old game. Some of these characters look gnarly in the new version. They also did something to the audio balance, some voices now sound more muffled than before, while comments from random pedestrians sound blown out. Very poor treatment of such a classic game. Make sure you pirate this guys, it doesn't deserve even 5 bucks. If not for game pass, I'd never touch it.

This shit looks hella dark, and I'm not talking about the skin color:
KyiFIsQ.png

ilMlhWF.png

For comparison, I installed the original PC version with some mods. So much better:
jiV3mdV.png

QSRORYp.png

ADL

Prophet
It's pretty funny that remasters of 15-20 year old single player games have been unplayable for the paypigs for almost the entirety of launch day meanwhile pirates have unlimited access to everything without having to install that shitty launcher.
Couldn't happen to a better group of people.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Last edited:

mogwaimon

Magister
what a complete shitshow. i wouldn't even pick this shit up for a dollar, no wonder they had to remove the old versions and go scorched earth on the modding scene because that's the only way anyone with some brains would buy this trainwreck.

wait a second I JUST noticed they cut one of Love Fist's songs from Vice City? how inept do you have to be to lose the rights to a song by a fictional band that you made up yourself, christ. it's probably just censorship since the other Love Fist song still seems to be there but still retarded

edit: what's retarded about my post, Zlaja? the game is shit and some of the lists posted in this thread have one of Love Fist's songs on the removed track list; if that's wrong I'm sorry but I'm not buying this shit to verify. And this post was made before they put the old versions back up for sale too.

Last edited:

ferratilis

Magister
War Drum Studios is now called Grove Street Games, it's just a rebranding. It's literally the same people who have been releasing these shitty versions of GTA for almost a decade now. No wonder the new one is shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom