Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition - GTA 3 trilogy remaster

mkultra

Augur
I just realised that big smoke tweet is fake. Doing that would completely break the UVs and Weights so its clearly fake.

Textures seems to be made from scratch, often less detailed despite high resolution, so breaking original UVs doesn't matter, am I wrong ?

UV's would have to be realigned if you change the models, and yes they've changed the models, it's always been one of the highlights of the new release(s). So no, it does not need to be fake because you also have to change something else.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Its definitely fake there are holes (chin and collar) in that above mesh that would rip apart from weight influences and the UVs would be messed up. The shoulders are also broken at the seams.
Sorry I'm really tired so it didn't come out right lol. *much like this game.

Viata

Arcane
This game is a case study on how to not make a remake(in fact, you should never make a remake) and why you should never employ Indians to make your game.
Grove Street Games is based in Gainesville. They’re Florida men.

1996b58c9ef5a0d477d9d35fe780f1ab0a95172bb9902c0d2b822a4894dcca6f.png
To think Florida is full of Indians now.

ferratilis

Magister
The credits for RDR2 also have hundreds and hundreds of Indian names. Afaik, they're the ones making the assets, animations, etc. Why do it yourself when there are countries with cheap labor? I wouldn't be surprised if most games' assets in the future are made in South/Southeast Asia, by a handful of studios.

For example, just look at how many games the Malaysian Lemon Sky Studios have worked on in recent time, it's staggering:
https://www.lemonskystudios.com/project-timeline/
There are studios in Asia specializing in this kind of work. If you wondered why the gaming industry is creatively bankrupt, look no further. Everything is done by the numbers.

ADL

Prophet
I wish modders would stop supporting these games entirely after this and especially don't "fix" this broken mess. GTA as a whole is always going to be a popular series regardless of modding and these disastrous "remasters" but it would have exponentially less presence on platforms like Twitch and YouTube if not for stuff like Multi Theft Auto, the OpenIV modding toolkit and especially FiveM. Mods are the only reason I bought RDR2 for RedM and GTAV for FiveM. Without those mods, the overwhelming majority of stuff you find on YouTube are shitty ENB mod showcases and funny bug compilations.
https://torrentfreak.com/gta-modders-to-court-our-game-fixes-enhancements-are-fair-use-211116/

Last edited:

Lizard

Learned
The credits for RDR2 also have hundreds and hundreds of Indian names. Afaik, they're the ones making the assets, animations, etc. Why do it yourself when there are countries with cheap labor? I wouldn't be surprised if most games' assets in the future are made in South/Southeast Asia, by a handful of studios.

For example, just look at how many games the Malaysian Lemon Sky Studios have worked on in recent time, it's staggering:
There are studios in Asia specializing in this kind of work. If you wondered why the gaming industry is creatively bankrupt, look no further. Everything is done by the numbers.

I think how well The Prince of Persia remake does is gonna be something pubs are watching since so many of them have been opening studios in India.
“It’s completely led by Ubisoft Pune and Mumbai,” says Production Director Sashi Menon. “The advantage of working in a company like Ubisoft is we have a lot of support from experts around the studio and that’s something we always leveraged upon. But the development is completely led from here.”

As far as the GTA trilogy is concerned, all of the new assets are complete garbage.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I think how well The Prince of Persia remake does is gonna be something pubs are watching since so many of them have been opening studios in India.
“It’s completely led by Ubisoft Pune and Mumbai,” says Production Director Sashi Menon. “The advantage of working in a company like Ubisoft is we have a lot of support from experts around the studio and that’s something we always leveraged upon. But the development is completely led from here.”

As far as the GTA trilogy is concerned, all of the new assets are complete garbage.

Ugh. POP: Sands of Time was great. Hopefully they don't shit this up like everything else.

Lizard

Learned
Ugh. POP: Sands of Time was great. Hopefully they don't shit this up like everything else.
It has already been delayed like two or three times: once after all the negative feedback from the initial trailer, then again, now they are saying 2022-2023. At least Ubishit is giving it a chance by giving it more time in the oven. Compared to this it doesn't look nearly as bad.

catfood

AGAIN

It's being made by pajeets, what do you think?

Hobknobling

Learned

This also seen in big American blockbuster movies. Every time I happen to see a clip from a Marvel movie I can't believe how terrible the CGI looks.

The average consooomer doesn't give a shit though.

ADL

Prophet
https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...games-team-re-grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-th

A Note from the Rockstar Games Team RE: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition

Hi everyone,

We want to provide an update regarding the unexpected technical issues that came to light as part of the launch of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition.

Firstly, we want to sincerely apologize to everyone who has encountered issues playing these games.

The Grand Theft Auto series — and the games that make up this iconic trilogy — are as special to us as we know they are to fans around the world. The updated versions of these classic games did not launch in a state that meets our own standards of quality, or the standards our fans have come to expect.

We have ongoing plans to address the technical issues and to improve each game going forward. With each planned update, the games will reach the level of quality that they deserve to be.

A new Title Update is on the way in the coming days for all versions of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition that will address a number of issues. We will update everyone as soon as it is live.

In the meantime, it pains us to mention that we are hearing reports of members of the development teams being harassed on social media. We would kindly ask our community to please maintain a respectful and civil discourse around this release as we work through these issues.

While one of the goals of the Definitive Editions was to allow players to enjoy these games on modern platforms for many years to come, we also understand that some of you would still like to have the previous classic versions available for purchase.

We will be adding the classic PC versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas back to the Rockstar Store shortly as a bundle. Additionally, everyone who has purchased Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition for PC from the Rockstar Store through June 30, 2022, will receive these classic versions in their Rockstar Games Launcher library at no additional cost. We will update everyone as soon as these are back in the Rockstar Store.

Once again, we'd like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding while we work through these updates to ensure these games meet everyone's justifiably high standards.

Sincerely,
Rockstar Games

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom