Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall II: The Dying World - prequel with party-based RTwP combat where native PC travels to the old continent - now available on Early Access

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
in DAO this is Leliana "singing" :-P

GOBs1AK.jpg

Aside from finding it amusing, it never bothered me.

That bitch needs to brush her teeth.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FMwWdLt.jpeg

Her replacement is more aesthetical. But her previous game was "WRC 9".

Spiders are doing poor attempts at action RPGs, so she's like fish out of water.

:shredder: What's with all the MILFs at this studio? Is it a mandatory requirement for being appointed to an executive position? But yeah apparently they aren't so good at putting woke employees in their place.

Jehanne is still identified as creative director and CEO on Twitter:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I didn't knew Jehanne Rousseau isn't the CEO anymore. Apparently four months ago she was replaced by Anne Devouassoux who previously worked at some other Nacon owned gamedev (Kylotonn, making racing games).
Yeah, Jehanne got tired of running all the business stuff and stepped into a full-time creative director role. Living Tim Cain's dream.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
FMwWdLt.jpeg

Her replacement is more aesthetical. But her previous game was "WRC 9".

Spiders are doing poor attempts at action RPGs, so she's like fish out of water.

:shredder: What's with all the MILFs at this studio? Is it a mandatory requirement for being appointed to an executive position? But yeah apparently they aren't so good at putting woke employees in their place.
Jehane looks fugly.

And well high female positions are typically well paid thus they had money for stuff they place on theirs faces, clothes, and cosmetic surgeries. Neither of them probably did cosmetic surgeries, Jehane looks fugly, and Anne is looking like a normal female. But, females in CEO position can do crazy stuff.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Rousseau is more attractive than Devouassoux to me, although I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed.

Regardless, I wish the Spiders MILFs the best of luck in oppressing the workers so we can get the game quicker.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/gr...-equality-and-parity-and-global-mismanagement

This evening, we received the following "communication from the Spiders studio":

Paris, 28th August 2024 – The Union of Video Game Workers (Syndicat des Travailleurs (ses) du Jeu Vidéo) has publicly relayed allegations concerning the working environment at Spiders. The false and even defamatory accusations made by the STJV in no way reflect the reality of the day-to-day working life of the company's employees and are an attack on the reputation of the studio, whose teams are fully mobilized to produce quality games and enthusiastically ensure the Early Access release of GreedFall 2.
Spiders' management is committed to open and constructive social dialogue. After unsuccessful attempts over the last few days to meet with a delegation of employees, they have proposed a meeting again by the end of the week.

Spiders' employees are the heart of the studio, and we are determined to maintain an inclusive and stimulating working environment in which every talent can flourish and of which we can all be proud.

The email was signed by Consulting Director Caroline Richard and Associate Director Laurence Tovi.

Interesting name. +M

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I've got to say, I've read a lot of corpo-speech in my day and that's a real humdinger.

-runs it through an AI detecter-

Wow, it passes the Voight-Kampff test.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
I've got to say, I've read a lot of corpo-speech in my day and that's a real humdinger.

It's not that corporate - they're straight up accusing the protesters of being lying bastards.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

It's not that corporate - they're straight up accusing the protesters of being lying bastards.

I'm just talking about the prose. The actual message is fine and understandable.

teams are fully mobilized
constructive social dialogue
inclusive and stimulating working environment
I'd rather have something more human, thank you PR writer.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Caroline and Laurence are also women.

Bunch of new employees are claiming their female overlords are holding them down. :lol:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
GreedFall 2 | Meet the companions
Companions are an integral part of GreedFall 2 and your journey. They’ll follow you across countless cities and regions, and your choices will shape their stories and determine if they distrust you, become friends, or even lovers.

Let’s meet some of them now!

Nilan

Childhood friend to Vriden gerr, Nilan is a young native who has a deep connection to both nature and the land. Coupled with a strong desire to protect his people, he’s somewhat stubborn and awkward.

Fausta

Originating from a noble family in Thélème, Fausta plays a character and switches personalities depending on her audience. Well-versed in diplomacy, she’s discreet and is reserved and solitary in her personal life.

Sybille

Born into the de Vespe household, she was introduced to the art of politics and family conspiracies when young. Though distrustful at first, once her trust has been gained, she’s willing to make any sacrifice for her loved ones.

Alvida
345aab9ad2501454a7436dea725147fc2d82fe9c.png

A talented Naut, Alvida has little tolerance for authority, but nevertheless follows Naut traditions which she inherited from her mother. Defiant, strong, and driven, she follows her ideals with a will of steel.

Ludwig

4d0c6a7cbbed3a2e443a66a8f0080ecfd76931ff.png

A former soldier, Ludwig is a man who doesn’t believe in heroes and refuses to be portrayed as one. He’s sarcastic, detests feigned politeness, and is aggressive towards those he deems responsible for the suffering of the poor.

We hope you enjoyed this brief preview into the characters and that you’re excited to meet them on the 24th. That said, this isn’t the end of it – Who knows who else might join you in your travels during Early Access?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Voice actress has the voice of an angel. I would absolutely love to be able to afford this level of talent.

The character she voices:

1726623787282.png

Wtf. Those are some dead, dead eyes.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Look at it from positive point of view, at least these are not eyes of a brown/black person... She's even natural blond.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1997660/view/4686647673445136560
GreedFall 2 | Early Access Road Map
Hello Carants,

As GreedFall 2’s Early Access draws nearer, we have news for you in the form of the Early Access Road Map.

7644ddd3245c063c659ccd9c7193553300051607.png

At launch, you will have access to the beginning of the story and its main quest. Once you have created your character, you will be able to navigate through three regions, discover their different zones, learn about their secrets and meet new allies.

We released news about the companions if you want to learn more about them right now. We plan to reveal more in time as we will introduce new companions to the game in the Autumn and Winter updates too.

But that is not all that is waiting for you during Early Access, because we also plan to continuously update the game to balance it and add new content depending on your feedback.

You can join us on our social platforms, and we are eager for the adventure to finally start. More information will be revealed in the coming days… Stay tuned and see you soon!

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1997660/view/4686647673448709456

GreedFall 2 | Combat experience

Carants,

GreedFall 2 will offer a wide range of features that will let you tailor the combat experience just the way you want it.

You can choose to play with the tactical pause or play in real-time; you can control your companions or decide to let the game do the work thanks to the Autonomous Party option, and you can adjust the difficulty settings to suit your playstyle.

Whether you're a keen strategist, looking for a real challenge or want to focus on other elements of the game such as the story and universe, the combat system’s features will allow you to adapt the experience to your liking.

Here’s a video to explain it all:

So join us on the 24th of September for a taste of this new adventure!

Lyre Mors

Arcane
The thing about Spiders that always bewildered me: of all the studios in the world you could take your major inspirations from, it's really going to be Bioware? Really? Bioware really inspires you?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The thing about Spiders that always bewildered me: of all the studios in the world you could take your major inspirations from, it's really going to be Bioware? Really? Bioware really inspires you?
Spiders found their niche that Bioware abandonned and they made a decent living for a decade, making story focused action rpgs, each with a larger budget (still tiny compared to American studios) & audience.

Now that Bioware decided to remind the world of its existence, we'll see an interesting clash: between the releases of the disciples of Bioware that no longer is vs. nuBioware.

Most likely Spiders remembered not to bloat the budget of their game, so they don't need as great sales to break even and bring profit. On the other hand,Bioware still has the name (deadname?) and support of the gaming media.

It is likely DA4 will sell more copies than Greedfall 2 (Inquistion sold more than 10 million copies, Greedfall 1 over 1 million copies). But will it be enough to save Bioware? For Spiders, unless Greedfall 2 flops, the existence of the studio doesn't seem threatened.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom