Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

Caim

Arcane
From the Patreon:

Deep Rock Galactic Review | 511 Edition™ said:
Get it on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/548430/Deep_Rock_Galactic/
No merchants were charged in the making of this video.
BUT THEY WILL BE SOON OHOHOHO

I've got two projects in the burner, and one of them will, by popular demand, separate thy coin from thy coinpurse.

The TL;DR for the recent uploads is I needed to get finances in order. Partly out of paranoia for the platform, but also the fact that insiders tipped me off about the change of CEO. Since day 1 of making this a full-time venture, i've lived with the ever-present premonition that I can lose everything in a single moment. You can meditate, rationalize or try to be mindful, but this fear doesn't go away. But now i've covered my bases, and I can actually focus on making stuff.

Thank you for reading this unnecessary spiel.
Please enjoy,
sincerely,
Sseth

Ending suggest we might have a Earth Defense Force video next, which is right up Sseth's alley.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Youtube is probably going to get even worse considering the new CEO is an ad company guy who wanted to implement NFT's to the platform.

I can't remember the last time I saw an ad on Youtube.
It's not about you seeing them, it's about ad people dictating the sort of content that should be allowed on youtube. That's why most youtubers just rely on sponsorships now. They know following all the obscure rules youtube gives inevitably ends up in you basically not having any sort of identity.

Caim

Arcane
It's not about you seeing them, it's about ad people dictating the sort of content that should be allowed on youtube. That's why most youtubers just rely on sponsorships now. They know following all the obscure rules youtube gives inevitably ends up in you basically not having any sort of identity.
The problem is that the rules aren't entirely clear and enforcement is arbitrary, so even those who try to play by the rules and not say thinly veiled racial slurs like Sseth get either their videos or their entire channel demonetized. Having your income nuked while being unable to tell what you did wrong and the website itself being unhelpful figuring out what's wrong is killing for the motiviation of many a video maker.

Then there's the entire copyright claim thing, where people who have nothing to do with what's in your video being able to take your ad money. I've seen a guy (ymfah, who makes Dark Souls and Skyrim challenge runs) who managed a workaround by putting in music he uploaded on another channel into his videos so he can copyright claim his own videos and taking his own money. But that's finnicky and you shouldn't have to game the system like that to succeed.

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
It's not about you seeing them, it's about ad people dictating the sort of content that should be allowed on youtube
Let's be honest, youtube had thousand ways out other than this kind of draconian monetization policy, they wanted it to be the way it is.
There's no problem with letting advertisers choose what kind of content they don't want to be linked to their ads, in the end the audience will stick to youtube anyway, but of course very significant reasons were discovered why whole gigantic sections of the platform had to be first demonetized and then some of them also thrown out of it because you see YouTube was getting outcompeted by uhhhh vimeo when it came to attracting advertisers, right? There was also no way in hell there are some businesses that want their products to be marketed to the unwanted kind of channels(even when they get sponsors for every single video).

To believe that the current CEO won't be worse is ridiculous, Wojcicki was a daft whore but here you're dealing with a fucking Indian, he'll scientifically manage youtube into the ground.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The problem is that the rules aren't entirely clear and enforcement is arbitrary, so even those who try to play by the rules and not say thinly veiled racial slurs like Sseth get either their videos or their entire channel demonetized. Having your income nuked while being unable to tell what you did wrong and the website itself being unhelpful figuring out what's wrong is killing for the motiviation of many a video maker.
the rules not being clear is not helped with how the different moderators reviewing the same videos will sometime arrive at different conclusion regarding what's allowed/not allowed...

Caim

Arcane
That's not even subtle so you can say it's just influence or something like that, it's straight up copy paste.
What if this is all SSETH ?

He doesn't release his reviwes on main channel because he plays copy cat of himself. Fits persona so well.
So as it turns out the guy's style is so much like Sseth's Sseth himself hired him as his editor.

No really, both the Bastard Bonds and the Deep Rock Galactic videos were edited by him. Check the video descriptions.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW...unity?lb=Ugkxg4l_GI_0QQ68bHi6q2i6mG9qtSvNoFhw

YKD-wGFAht6ILaGqGf4qUhjsPNJCurML1KNuX_Q6HgxrB2y4l6QUwPF5uzApkh61QyypOZc353o7=s640-nd-v1

So good on him, even though it'll pull the brakes on his own channel a bit.

(also didn't know that the Bastard Bonds one had a co-writer, but I digress)

typical user

Arbiter
(also didn't know that the Bastard Bonds one had a co-writer, but I digress)

So that's why there were so many normie memes. At least there is still incest, scat and black market references so it's not completely reddit quality.

Or if those were the bits coming from Sseth then maybe he is just expanding his economy on Zoomers.

Caim

Arcane
From the Patreon:

If you enjoy: getting waterboarded, having a root canal or pissing kidney stones - then I also highly recommend the DLC

Next vid will extract your hard-earned cash, I just haven't made it yet because I haven't started.

So either he ran out of sponsors or the next video is about something so spicy that not even Raid will touch it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom