Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Horizon Forbidden West - sequel to Hoizon Zero Dawn - coming to PC on March 21st

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So I don't care about Aloy getting fat or whatever, but what the hell is this?

i2hojxoml6j81.jpg

:prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper:

Terenty

Liturgist
Sony really does treat their customer base like complete morons. She talks NON STOP giving hints and narrating EVERY goddam step all the way through. It's absolutely hilarious.

I would feel insulted playing this factory made suits approved zero soul and creativity product.

Falksi

Arcane
Sony really does treat their customer base like complete morons. She talks NON STOP giving hints and narrating EVERY goddam step all the way through. It's absolutely hilarious.

I would feel insulted playing this factory made suits approved zero soul and creativity product.

Their customer base are morons.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

There's basically a DUMBFUCK!!! mode that holds your hand extra throughout the game. But you can turn it off.

Similar to what Ass Effect had, Tourist Mode or Story Mode or whatever.

So the eventual PC version will be the superior one with beautification mod obviously

Sure, if you're willing to wait another 3 years for it again.

Edit: Oh and yes, they made Sobek uglier in the flashbacks too. Nothing to see here move along.

DemonKing

Arcane
Is anyone actually playing it? How is the writing compared to the first one?

I've just finished the first area and started into the Forbidden West proper.

The voice acting and writing are generally ok. Six months after saving everyone's bacon in the first game and it seems the whole world have heard of Aloy and she basically bullies anyone in her way to get what she wants which is pretty funny given she's a short redheaded chick.

Gameplay is pretty similar to the first one. The world has a more Zelda like feel with certain objects needed to progress through some areas. They added some stuff which was unnecessary bloat like a boardgame you can play at various settlements that rewards you with...more boardgame pieces.

Saying that it's pretty compelling so far and the vistas from some of the cliff tops are amazing. Will probably still drop it for a while to play Elden Ring from tomorrow though...

Last edited:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Why the fuck is this garbage in the RPG section? This forum has gone even more to shit...

Let me guess this fat white whamen heroine has a black/brown/POC besty in game, so every obese red headed SJW can live out her fantasy of having a pet purse puppy minority person they can pat on the head and call a good little doggy.

DemonKing

Arcane
Let me guess this fat white whamen heroine has a black/brown/POC besty in game, so every obese red headed SJW can live out her fantasy of having a pet purse puppy minority person they can pat on the head and call a good little doggy.

You're right. In fact he actually follows her around like a puppy dog despite her best efforts to lose him.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
So I thought I'd see just how brainwashed the libtarded populace really are now, and pop an emoji poll up for them to vote for their preference on Facebook.

The results even shocked me a little....

6EQKcfc.png

I thought it would be 50/50, but the word's gone so faggot that an astonishing 73% of gamers in that group would sooner see the fat, round and rotten Aloy than the Hollywood one. Sure neither look great, but fuckinghell, get a grip.

Some of the comments made me chuckle to, so had to take a bit of piss....

LTJBMJW.png

zVBoTSO.png

J7jsV82.png

Bunch of slack jawed faggots.
They have it wrong. With what's going on in the world, the left one is the true Hollywood look. Only that it's not a girl, but a non-binary, trans-gender, semi-white Inuit fighting for the uprising of their cultural heritage!

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ok they legit went full Bioware in this game.

It's obvious none of you retards actually played this but if you do, it's funny as fuck. Play intro, meet romanceable characters, discover central quest hub, collect 4 things. I'm sure there will be a "pick a color" ending too at this point :lol:

You collect Gaia, find an abandoned base and have to collect 4 of her subroutines and bring back to her, then fight the baddies Far Zenith

DemonKing

Arcane
Finally finished the main quest today. The central storyline was ok. The side quests and errands were generally garbage. I LOLed when Alloy gathered her motley crew for the final showdown and it was two lesbians, two blacks, a disabled guy and a white guy with a beer gut (who was assigned pack mule duties).

Art design went from pretty good for the machines to WTF am I looking at for the various tribals you meet along the way.

Most of Alloy‘s skills were garbage or incremental upgrades. There are a bunch of Tomb Raider style puzzle areas and mini-dungeons which are kind of fun. You also get a flying mount towards the end game which is a nice addition once you master its control scheme.

The first game was better, but I did find this kind of relaxing to just sit back on the couch and cruise through a few quests with when I had a spare hour or two.

I LOLed when Alloy gathered her motley crew for the final showdown and it was two lesbians, two blacks, a disabled guy and a white guy with a beer gut (who was assigned pack mule duties).
:hmmm:

I kind of liked the first game, but I think I will skip this. Sony has went off the deep end with woke nonsense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom