Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline How will RPGCodex compete with /vrpg/?

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I don't know, if it's about privacy, it's not like I keep it secret that my mom had laptop problems yesterday or that my high school friends are having another reunion.
Facebook harvests your data -- location, keystrokes, contacts, etc. -- to enrich themselves, and you're the consenting user. There are other products that don't own you.
They don't own me. I am already a slave to The Wage.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Some people need it for work, uni or what have you, y'know.
Who "needs" it for work? I've never head of that.
I know some concrete cases of blue collar jobs in which co-workers decide over Whatsapp who comes in for this or that day due to a shortage of required daily labor thanks to the pandemic.

I use WhatsApp to talk to coworkers if I want to shoot off a short message and not call them, reaction time on WhatsApp is much better than just sending an email

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Some people need it for work, uni or what have you, y'know.
Who "needs" it for work? I've never head of that.
I know some concrete cases of blue collar jobs in which co-workers decide over Whatsapp who comes in for this or that day due to a shortage of required daily labor thanks to the pandemic.

I use WhatsApp to talk to coworkers if I want to shoot off a short message and not call them, reaction time on WhatsApp is much better than just sending an email
I still send telegrams. Ain't nobody got time for whatsapp, sms, email and all that shit

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Also the other tag was given to me by Infinitron for saying rtwp is better than TB so it doesn't actually mean anything either.
Saying rtwp is better than TB is a bannable offence. Consider yourself tolerated.
Btw, first two Larian Divinity games were pure realtime diablo style and were infinitely better than the clusterfuck that the rtwp IE game combat is. If you think TB is liek boooring and not eenuf akshun then go full action rpg instead of creating shit that's neither here or there. I've yet to see a game that has good implementation of rtwp. It was created to coddle the crowd, who don't like tactical combat and should have no interest for arpeegees whatsoever. One of the early instance of dumbing down the system to cater kiddies with low attention span and need for constant hectic movement on the screen.

Last edited:
I think someone else said it here, but whoever said it is long-lost to my memory:

The Codex is the best medium between the chansphere and the normienet.

- We have the beautiful chaos, anarchy and randomness of the chans, but a little more controlled.

- We have the order and moderation of the normienet, but the mods are just adequately apathetic enough to never become little tinpot tyrants. Furthermore, DU only messes with us for shits and giggles and everyone accepts that.

Everything, even /pol/, the ultimate hive of scum and villainy gets censored. Codex stays free. Has there ever been a more significant reason to love Codex?

- We have anonymity in the form of user names, but we also have notoriety in the same. Furthermore, it is possible to know users by their writing style, their likes and dislikes and their general ways. So we are all unknown randoms talking to each other, but we are know people talking to each other. I am not just random brazilian guy with no name, or the person I am behind that keyboard, I am The Brazilian Slaughter here.

- Because the Codex is free, unlike the normienet, everyone is genuine here. We are all a bunch of edgy try-hard bastards for sure, but that's who we are or choose to project, and we love it. There is also real, genuine kindness and care, not the fake type displayed by false good people on the Normienet, but actual human kindness and friendliness. The Codexer will call for the extermination of an entire ethnic group (as he is wont to), and then send a MP to his bro asking if he is doing ok. In the words of Eyestabber from my old sig:

A person who doesn't acknowledge your right to think what you think and feel what you feel is not a nice person. We live in a sadly barbaric age where exterior signs of politeness are confused with moral virtue. A person saying "would you please align your head with the other thought criminals so we don't have to waste two bullets?" is not what I would consider "nice".

- Being free also means that in the Codex, you are allowed to express whatever thoughts you desire, unfiltered. This results in a lot of drek and noise, but this also results in a lot of verboten, polemical and even "criminal" expression. There's no filter, no political correctness, no insane mods ready to destroy those who wrong-think. Therefore, similar to the chans, the Codex is a place where things can actually be discussed and thoughts can be truly expressed. This also leads to true, actual solutions that the normie public are scared of, because they are weak and their masters do not want to solve issues.

The Vault Dweller said:

- Furthermore, because Codex is a forum, we can build upon past discussions, rather than the past discussion being swallowed by a delluge of posts into the imageboard ether. We also know the users, so we can remember their positions as well.

To conclude:

Higher Game said:
Higher Game said:

Codex >>> Chans. Therefore, /vrpg already lost.

Stella Brando

Arcane
1596916945749.jpg

Stella Brando

Arcane
1596875270818s.jpg

What is your HONEST opinion on this indie Fallout-like?

Thread: https://boards.4channel.org/vrpg/thread/213942

This game was made by RPG Codex autists including the ex-admin of the site. Basically they're so deluded over there they think the MOST important thing about cRPG's is this concept they call "choices and consequences", basically picking different things should result in different outcomes and it should all be stat based and reloading 10 times to find the right outcome that doesn't fuck you in the ass is peak cRPG gameplay.

Post: https://boards.4channel.org/vrpg/thread/213942#p214157

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
1596875270818s.jpg

What is your HONEST opinion on this indie Fallout-like?

Thread: https://boards.4channel.org/vrpg/thread/213942

This game was made by RPG Codex autists including the ex-admin of the site. Basically they're so deluded over there they think the MOST important thing about cRPG's is this concept they call "choices and consequences", basically picking different things should result in different outcomes and it should all be stat based and reloading 10 times to find the right outcome that doesn't fuck you in the ass is peak cRPG gameplay.

Post: https://boards.4channel.org/vrpg/thread/213942#p214157
They're right :smug:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
This is the kind of person that comes from 4chan. They're not sending their best people.

Wife Scholar's shtick is unique even for the chans, though I agree it's better suited for an image board with disposable threads since it's just a bunch of off-topic spam on a proper forum.

I think it is just some alt account somebody made to tease Pink Eye.
Now why will someone create a brand new spanking account, tell me they were banned on 4chan; then have the account prosperized, all to "tease" me. To what end?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom