Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games

Fargus

Arcane
Xenonauts 2 couldn't pick a worse time to release tbh. Only 4 days after JA3, unless they have insider info that this game is so short, that people will beat it in 4 days and will yearn for more of similar stuff.

I heard its 40 hours or longer.

Ryzer

Arcane
The problem with Haemimont games is that they are rarely ambitious, they are not bad per se but it doesn't go above "oh cool" and it never reaches the good or cult status.
It was the case for the recent tropico games.

Last edited:

Fargus

Arcane
First user reviews are mixed, looks like performance issues and not working multiplayer (lmao sucks for multiplayer faggots i guess). But lets wait more for smoke to settle.

Im hoping for at least ok xcom clone with some ja2 atmosphere. You'd be an idiot to expect more.

bobocrunch

Educated
Cool bottles smashed when I shotgunned
DxILZey.png

7b6e1qg.png

Sacibengala

Prophet
First user reviews are mixed, looks like performance issues and not working multiplayer (lmao sucks for multiplayer faggots i guess). But lets wait more for smoke to settle.

Im hoping for at least ok xcom clone with some ja2 atmosphere. You'd be an idiot to expect more.
I changed shadows and reflections and everything is alright now

Turn_BASED

Educated
looking forward to buying this with all DLC and 1+ year of people play-testing the equivalent of the Long War mod. It will be glorious, eventually.
Cant wait to commit some war crimes after the fine folks at LoversLab have a crack at it.

AkRiN_d.webp

Russia is over. The end.

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I missed the whole thing. Why are people butthurt?
Is JA3 GURPS based?

I haven't played JA1 (I'm sorry). Is this a good game to introduce myself to the series? If not, why, and is JA2 okay then?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I missed the whole thing. Why are people butthurt?
Is JA3 GURPS based?

I haven't played JA1 (I'm sorry). Is this a good game to introduce myself to the series? If not, why, and is JA2 okay then?
1 is a very good game, and it's probably a good idea to start with it since IMO 2 eclipses it completely (I know Zombra prefers 1 so ask him for effusive commentary). If you want the best of the best right away, go with Ja2. Play it with Stracciatella, which is a non-intrusive bugfixing/stability/resolution mod.

Aemar

Arcane
The problem with Haemimont games is that they are rarely ambitious, they are not bad per se but it doesn't go above "oh cool" and never reaches the good or cult status.
Couldn't have said it better. For example, Tropico 3 was literally a 3D 1:1 carbon copy of the first game. The rest of their games are bland at most, and forgettable, except perhaps Tropico 4.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The problem with Haemimont games is that they are rarely ambitious, they are not bad per se but it doesn't go above "oh cool" and never reaches the good or cult status.
Not sure what your definition of cult is but Surviving Mars is widely beloved (one of my Top 10 games of the last decade) and so are the last three Tropicos. Also people who are into Diablo-likes say Victor Vran is a forgotten gem.

Also Stranded seems to be getting great reviews as well but this one is still EA, we'll have to wait and see.

This dev is seriously underrated in my book, there's been nothing but consistently good-to-great output from them for the past 15 years. (Haven't played any of their earlier games, can't vouch for those).

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Xenonauts 2 couldn't pick a worse time to release tbh. Only 4 days after JA3, unless they have insider info that this game is so short, that people will beat it in 4 days and will yearn for more of similar stuff.
Is it actually interesting. Because if it's just a Xenonauts mk2 and just a rehash of few other games glued together without theirs own effort. Who would care about half baked game made by people with low programming skills?
On the positive side, just because people would pony money for JA3, that doesn't mean they wouldn't pony money for Xenonauts 2.

Just game development should be about art, and about making games that developer wants to play. If this is just made to earn money, who cares.

Frankly, Epic would have as promo Murder by Numbers for free at that time as well. So, that would be also competitor. OK main character is brownie, there are people with weird rainbow hair colors. But, it's for free so why not try it. Xenonauts... Well, if you played 1 is there any innovation or some reason to play 2?
And with JA3 is there sex drugs and violence, or is it just a cash grab that uses names of previous games to earn bigger profit?

Readher

Savant
Multiplayer working perfectly fine for me and my friend. The optimization is weird, my friend has a worse PC yet 100+ FPS while I'm chugging at 40-60.

It's fun to play so far, though it's certainly no JA2 1.13.

Fargus

Arcane
Raghar needs to cough up some shekels for better storage device. And faster internet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom