Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Josh Sawyer appreciation station

Unwanted

Don Salieri

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Punished Chris > Soyer.
Cultured Sawyer > Sex-offender Chris.
To a cockroach someone who spends their salary on e-thots must be a real patron of the arts. Between slurping down soy lattes and watching whatever is on Netflix he retweets Le Reddit Guin quotes about how capitalism is bad while working for one of the biggest megacorps around. Since he's thirsty as fuck and single maybe you two could shack up together and jerk off one another while watching and lusting after the latest stinking coon they parade around in the media.

Unwanted

Don Salieri

Unwanted
Zionist Agent

There's no way I'm going to dig through his insufferable simping, interactions with women so awkward they should be studying it over at CERN to see if we can use it as an infinite energy source, lusting over actresses in films he watches or his anti-gun and pro-nigger sewage to find the rest of the tweets I was going to post here earlier. This guy is a week or so from sucking off a fat guy in a skirt, getting his dick surgically removed and blowing his brains out, not necessarily all at once or in that order.

I will never respect Sawyer.

Sawyer worked on one of the most critically acclaimed games in a critically acclaimed series, lead the development on his own series, and crossed paths many times with Chris. His wiki states that he started work in the late 90's on games, and whether you like the product he put out with Pillars, it was clear that he had passion for the craft, which in comparison to how similar game devs have become to journos today, an ounce of passion still stands true, and tall.

Yet he botched it up, according to Roguey, with one of the girls he was involved with because he couldn't shut the fuck up about current events that never change (REEE we live in a society!11!1!!)

I seem to recall a tweet he made about insecurity with being a dev and talking about it to someone he was with, and he made it seem like it hampered things inherently. Despite rpgs and the things he likes being niche, I've never had a problem myself with making any of the autistic shit I'm into, seem cool to women. Sure there will be women out there one meets where they equate the medium with being a manchild cuck, but only focusing on them is forgetting about the other 1,000,000+ women who just want you to close your mouth while you eat and not splurge the things you love while looking like a slob over the table, and otherwise they're usually very happy and pleased to hear you out, and see you passionate, which makes them passionate for you, supportive, and genuine as long as you remember to ask them back the same tier of questioning.

But that's not what he does, is it? Instead of dealing with his inability to look respectable to women and reading a book or two on pickup, he goes on Twitter. Man makes more money than what most of the lower to mid-tier end of the codex makes, doing what he loves, but he's having histrionic passive aggressive meltdowns about nazis, repeating communist dogma to get noticed and rack up the dopamine notifications, associating with bottom of the barrel opportunist e-girls who even if he magically did somehow get sex with them, he would feel worse about himself after the fact because he settled for everyman's best friend for an hour. He's also a possible alcoholic, and complains about not being paid enough, despite living in what's traditionally seen as the better counties in the best states, of a first world country with the most noble intentions. Once again I repeat, doing what he and many others, would and should, love for a living.

To say this says a lot about him would be like repeating how cringe leftists are, now. But that's Josh. That's the man who had a hand and position in one of the most celebrated games of all time renown for it's writing.

Let's be honest, it's incredibly unlikely that Josh would snap out of this. He can't kick his Twitter addiction so he's feeding himself a constant supply of low energy self loathing and contempt. There's a Japanese saying that goes something like "Eat good food, talk to good people, observe good inspirations, and you will do good things." Yet the same is true on the opposite end. If you live like a degenerate who hates himself, there's a good chance we'll hate your work too, Josh. At least one of us here on the Codex is capable of greater, better things, and more deserving would be an understatement. But Josh has this unique position in the world and he chooses to behave like a codex stereotype of an autistic maladjusted socially awkward virgin with too much free time, and it should convince anyone reading this that if you ever have any inkling of success in your life, you'd better be celebrating and pounding kegs of beer together then emptying your balls in every woman who loves you in your off-time, and making damn sure you hold onto it at other points on the ticking clock.

Not buying fiats, doomscrolling, simping, and asserting that "american values" are what made you into a faggot.

MuffinBun

Educated

<snip>
Plot twist: This is Sawyer's current Codex account.

Makes you think moment: If it were Sawyer's current Codex account, this is probably the best writing he's done in his life.
Now that you mention it... At first glance it would appear he's being critical, but it really boils down to "I cannot believe a man as awesome as Sawyer, with all the amireable qualities of Sawyer, in a unique position of Sawyer, would spend his time on twitter and be single. Thats something more fit for a codex poster!" That's very... peculiar. Almost like a running gag or something.
[Edit: doesnt he love Disco Elysium too?]

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected

<snip>
Plot twist: This is Sawyer's current Codex account.

Makes you think moment: If it were Sawyer's current Codex account, this is probably the best writing he's done in his life.
Now that you mention it... At first glance it would appear he's being critical, but it really boils down to "I cannot believe a man as awesome as Sawyer, with all the amireable qualities of Sawyer, in a unique position of Sawyer, would spend his time on twitter and be single. Thats something more fit for a codex poster!" That's very... peculiar. Almost like a running gag or something.
Yeah that's how I read it without trying to. That part about USA brings to mind the idealized liberal view that a democrat voter would spew when drunk.

I ASK INANE QUESTIONS

ITZ NEVER STOPS COOOMING
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
anything Josh posts that's not related to politics has a distinctly feminine style
you truly are what you eat, huh

how appropriate.JPG

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Portland is basically Escape from NY right now but he had to add that part to seem balanced.

MuffinBun

Educated
Portland is basically Escape from NY right now but he had to add that part to seem balanced.
Fact check: mostly false
Description: despite parts of the city being an ungovernable autonomous zone ruled by thugs and drug dealers, a commando Kurt Russel is nowhere to be seen, which makes this comparison disingenuous and devoid of substance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom