Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No shit.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why do these bozos go to Josh to ask these basic ass questions. Dude should make himself less available

Regardless of their senility status, game developers answering questions about the process instead of keeping it all opaque is a good thing.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
CAn I ask a question to him? I wanna ask if he believes that BG2 would be a better game if was balanced like pillars ie - low int/high str wizards being viable but no necromancers, illusionists, conjurerers can only conjure weapons and so on. Or of a game like VtMB din't had Nosferatu(hardest clan to play) or had the deformity reduced to mere -1 dot in seduction.

Also wanna know what he thinks on spell fixes for nwn2 https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/script/spell-fixes-and-improvements

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
CAn I ask a question to him? I wanna ask if he believes that BG2 would be a better game if was balanced like pillars ie - low int/high str wizards being viable but no necromancers, illusionists, conjurerers can only conjure weapons and so on. Or of a game like VtMB din't had Nosferatu(hardest clan to play) or had the deformity reduced to mere -1 dot in seduction.

Also wanna know what he thinks on spell fixes for nwn2 https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/script/spell-fixes-and-improvements
Make a Tumblr account and ask him.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Which would be fine if AAA games were noticeably better, but precisely because they have to capture the lowest common denominator to get that return, they're noticeably more shite, except in terms of graphical polish.

Many AAA games (not all thankfully, but many) are quite literally turds polished to a high sheen - and not even that sometimes, sometimes they're broken as fuck into the bargain, but usually at a deep enough level so that most people (who will only play a bit of them) don't notice.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Polish sheen turds? So female inmate dildos? (Some use dried shit according to that article I found).

Anyway, you get fucked out of your money for crap.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
It’s very different when talking about AAA/AAAA/A⁵ (whatever) games with huge teams and budgets.

AAAA RPG... Does that mean it's even worse than AAA ones?
What about an AAAAA RPG? Would the team be recruited in madhouses and crackhouses?

Shrimp

Arbiter
It’s very different when talking about AAA/AAAA/A⁵ (whatever) games with huge teams and budgets.

AAAA RPG... Does that mean it's even worse than AAA ones?
What about an AAAAA RPG? Would the team be recruited in madhouses and crackhouses?
The amount of As represents the severity of the agony you feel when you play the game

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

Josh has no idea what's coming his way. He's going to go insane after multiple paragraph posts telling him why PoE needed to have 2nd edition spells and finely tuned hp values. Keep us updated if he answers anything of yours

Meh, I think out of everything off about Deadfire Josh deserves to be salty about the full VA. It was expensive, not initially scoped or planned, and it actively made the game worse. If my boss forced something like that on me I would be pretty pissed off about having to implement it too.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The narrator choice is just...

Sure she did good as the young chick in Last of Us. But narrating a grand adventure, involving gods and what not. Yeah, she is way out of her league.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom