Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
How did you manage to get that high? I have no idea how to train it. I can't shoot animals since its either poaching or if its farm animals people get pissed, and nothing else i found seems to give xp besides living targets.
I had an easier time hitting targets. And I also started every fight I could see coming with a shot arrow, then switch to melee.

It's a *very* hard skill to level up.

Lmao, so i went for a stroll in the woods looking for bandits, and got ganked by what seemed like a single Cuman. I did what you said, opened with an arrow then switched to melee. As soon as he goes down, i get pillored by five Cumans which i hadn't seen all shooting at me with arrows at the same time.

The game is actually trolling me now.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
BTW, the interesting sites and bird nests are a knewl idea. Kinda silly that i found a necklace worth 185 gold in a nest but it makes strolling in the woods feel less aimless since at least every now and then you find this kind of stuff.
Oh yeah. And necklaces are great for increasing the charisma score.

Zariusz

Arbiter
This game has the best terrain design i've ever seen. I went to meet Sir Razdig, did the whole cutscene where to my disappointment the game shows the usual modernist bias against medieval Catholicism, with the "phony" priest and the mockery of the concecrated ground etc. Not that i could have expected anything less, especially given what the Vavra self insert says about him (BTW this is the NPC voiced by Brian Blessed, right?), but along with the whole refugee subplot this game is getting a bit less based in my ultra right-wing religious bias. On the plus side, the interior of the Churches is fucking glorious, by i digress.
I think its more about pepiks being either atheistic af, part of their tradition of glorifying Hussites and antipathy to Catholicism (righteous heretics vs corrupt clergy etc.) or mix of those two. Yeah the game is set quite few years before those events but there are mentions of Jan Hus, Western Schism is still on, there was this quest showing certain family of heretics in a good light and that one about drunkard priest with a concubine so i believe you can see where the devs sympathies lie. I think all of this reflects pepiks view on this time, game set in the times of growing moral degeneracy that would years later culminate in the burning of Jan Hus by the "vile corrupt Catholics" and "righteous uprising of noble Hussites ", rather than cathering to certain western mouthbreathing demographics.

Besides, any news about that Czech fan dubbing for this?

notpl

Arbiter
Last I checked Czechia was literally the most atheistic country in the world discounting made-up numbers like China's. And the country's most significant contribution to world history was a war fought on the subject of ecclesiastical corruption. Positive portrayals of catholicism are likely to be in short supply.

Starwars

Arcane
The downgrade of the forests from the backer beta to the final version was a very sad thing.

Final game is still impressive in the visuals department but man... the forests in the beta.
:shredder:

Quillon

Arcane
the tedium of constantly having to match your speed

either they are gonna make equal trot speed for all horses or a "auto match speed button" shenanigan or I'm gonna call them DUMBFUCKS for at least 45 times after they release the sequel

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Is it me, or this game gives us some Ultima VII vibes? If only the npcs would talk like Lords British' iconic title.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Nah ,sounds like you're shilling the developer, even crowbcat made a video about it:
Warhorse, Vavra, and KCD have a surprising amount of shills here.
kGGYPSd.jpg

Ryzer

Arcane
Have we played the same game? nothing truly change if you pick choice B instead of choice A, you'll get the same consequences. The world around you doesn't care.
Just like Henry, your life seems to be completely different from ours, because you don't know how to read.

I'd recommend a trip to your local scribe.
The game is linear, check every guides about the main quest, nothing change at all no matter what the player does.
https://kingdomcomedeliverance-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Quests
So if you have played once, you have experienced everything it has to offer.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, i'm getting some wierd shit now.

I woke up and while i was strolling to town i noticed the tournament started. So i didn't train with Bernard the day before because i went on my failed hunting trip and i don't even want to try the tourney before training with Bernard first. So to check out if the tourney stays until the next day i waited 24 hours to see what would happen, and now the game told me i failed the tournament, even though i never even enrolled. With that said, i was able to enroll the next day, which is wierd since i was told by google that the tournament comes around every week.

Questions: do failed quests carry any penalty (missable achievements maybe). Why would i fail the tourney if i didn't enroll? And how long does this tournament last? More than one day? Does it stay around for a few days and THEN i have to wait a week or what?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm actually playing through the game right now, not hardcore mode, just regular, and my bow is just lvl 10

How did you manage to get that high? I have no idea how to train it. I can't shoot animals since its either poaching or if its farm animals people get pissed, and nothing else i found seems to give xp besides living targets.

You get a license to hunt quite early on in the main questline. After that anything you shoot (at least in the forests near Rattay) don't count as poached.

Also from my experience, bows with higher str/agi requirements level the skill faster than the easy bows. So if levelling archery is something you want to do, you need to keep upgrading to higher draw weight bows.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Yeah, it's weird, the toruney should start every week, and as such, it should not matter if you failed to win it.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Losing/failing to enter the tourney is not that important. It will re-appear a week later and you can enter as many times as you want.

You get a piece of a set of armour for each victory. Once the armour set is complete the game starts giving you high end weapons and other pieces of equipment off a random list.

Ryzer

Arcane
The tourney is pretty good for leveling your stats even if you lose. I always applied to it so that I can train my character for free without dying.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
But why do i fail it if i didn't even enroll lmao.

Having a failed quest on my log is triggering my OCD.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

So i can beat Capon even with zero skill on my bow? I suppose i can sacrifice a save before the match starts to try it.
You playing on HC with all the maluses on right?

Don't bother with archery then is my advice. Archery goes up very slowly even without Numbskull, and Shakes make levelling it ever more of a pain.

the game shows the usual modernist bias against medieval Catholicism, with the "phony" priest
It's really a bias against affluent, well-fed clergy in an era where most people had to hustle to feed themselves and their families. Which is very authentic. There was plenty of that bias in the 1400s.

That's why the Hussite revolution was such a mass event. It tapped into a widespread anti-clergy sentiment and ultimately spurred the Lutheran Reformation. It was everything but anti-christian or anti-religion tho. Both Hus and Luther were zealous Christians who railed against the Church bc they thought it's betraying Jesus' message with their palaces and gluttony and tithes and popes behaving more like secular rulers than spiritual shepherds. (Both knew they could end up at a stake for that btw and Hus actually did.)

Ultimately a few priests like Wycliffe, Hus or Luther started preaching the "we don't need the Church, all we need is Jesus and the Bible" message and millions of people across the Europe seconded.

Harthwain

Magister
You playing on HC with all the maluses on right?

Don't bother with archery then is my advice. Archery goes up very slowly even without Numbskull, and Shakes make levelling it ever more of a pain.
You guys are strange. I found that challenge makes things more fun. I disabled the crosshair to learn how to shoot the bow without having artificial indicators.

I will have to try this Hardcore mode. I don't think it was around when I was first playing.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ultimately a few priests like Wycliffe, Hus or Luther started preaching the "we don't need the Church, all we need is Jesus and the Bible" message and millions of people across the Europe seconded.
how's that working out?
Literally your country was founded bc of this.
proof?
U what m8? You are a Kwan, aren't you? Don't know your country's history? How them Protestants fled to a new world to be able to do their Protestant thing in peace?

Who do you think came up with the Protestant idea? Wycliffe, Hus and Luther.

Codex Year of the Donut
how's that working out?
Literally your country was founded bc of this.
proof?
U what m8? You are a Kwan, aren't you? Don't know your country's history? How them Protestants fled to a new world to be able to do their Protestant thing in peace?
Pilgrims were an extremely tiny minority(quickly absorbed by puritans,) and puritanism didn't even exist by the time USA was formed. USA was founded by British subjects, it's no surprise that ol' Georgie was an Anglican.
:avatard:

Paul_cz

Arcane
I went to meet Sir Razdig, did the whole cutscene where to my disappointment the game shows the usual modernist bias against medieval Catholicism, with the "phony" priest and the mockery of the concecrated ground etc. Not that i could have expected anything less, especially given what the Vavra self insert says about him (BTW this is the NPC voiced by Brian Blessed, right?)

Priest is awesome. Also, his character model is Vávra's dad.
There is very good religion-focused questline in Woman's Lot DLC, where you help Johanka. Frankly one of the best questlines I have seen in RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom