Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Larianshill

Arbiter
You don't HAVE to, the game even has an achievement for not killing regular guys, but it is pretty inconvenient, yeah.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Whoever made the pacifist achievement for this game is Satan himself. While a lot of encounters in the game can be bypassed in one way or another, some can't, and your allies literally can not win battles without you assisting them.
I don't know man, I found this cheevo a breeze.

The only tricky part is the battle of Pribyslavitz, you should do the sidequests (poison Cooman soup, burn their arrows etc., set the hay below the archer ramparts on fire during the fight), then the battle goes faster. But the AI and scripting in this part is weird, it's hard to pull it off without much raging and swearing.

Good news is Radzig and Hanush have magical plot armor so they can't die. Given enough time they'll poke everyone to death. The rest of the pacifist run is a breeze.

Lhynn

Arcane
I am in the middle of a playthrough on nightmare, that said I have a few mods to make the game align more with the time I can devote to it. I got a mod that increases xp gain, another that removes animation from picking flowers, a third that improves henrys face somewhat.

Xp mod in particular reduces the repetition needed to be competent and makes the experience a lot smoother, I wouldnt recommend it if you are going through long play sessions at the time, but when your time is limited, it makes it feel like some progress is being made.

That said I left the save after the bandit camp and havent touched the game for weeks. Felt like a good stopping point and will probably play the game to completion on my upcoming vacations.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Funny how people are different. I'm on hardcore and i was actually considering a mod that removes even MORE XP for a future playthrough.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yea, for me skills generally go up TOO fast in this game, with the exception of Bow (by far the worst), Alchemy and maybe the individual weapon skills.

Hell, some go up too fast even with the Numbskull perk.

But different strokes....

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
For me to get my archery skill up, I drank some bowman's brews and shot a whole lot of rabbits. You don't get any xp for shooting archery targets and you don't get any xp for missing. So I singlehandedly depopulated the Holy Roman Empire's rabbits and eventually could start using a bow that could bring down deer and boar.

I remember an earlier build of the game where it was practically impossible to hunt deer early on because the deer would run away after being shot. That makes perfect sense and it's much more realistic. But if your bow only does 6 damage and a deer has 50 hp, then you'll have to chase it for hours, missing dozens of shots because your stealth and your accuracy suck, before you actually land enough hits to kill it, and that's if you don't lose track of it while it's running. In the current build, it's kind of silly that the deer don't run very far, and they go about their business with a bunch of arrows sticking out of them. But it does make the game less infuriating.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Good tip about the potion, but if only animals would stop moving.

I guess i need to raise my hunting skill? Because as soon as i spot them, every tiny movement i make sends them scurrying around and i'm at 12 stealth with zero noise gear.

Gerrard

Arcane
Good tip about the potion, but if only animals would stop moving.

I guess i need to raise my hunting skill? Because as soon as i spot them, every tiny movement i make sends them scurrying around and i'm at 12 stealth with zero noise gear.
A real deer would've ran way before you spotted it.
:troll:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Fucking hell, the guards are still searching me and the keys are still marked stolen. Can't even drop them to the ground lmao.

Maybe by the time i'm back from the hunting trip they'll stop.

Last edited:

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
My first playthrough, I shot maybe one or two rabbits. Then I accidentally happened across a poacher who attacked me. I killed him, took his rabbits, and won the competition with Capon.

Red Hexapus

Savant

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Wish there was a command for him to target enemy dogs automatically. I'd rather face a knight in full plate than those fucking dogs.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Holy shit fuck batman if only i was recording.

I met with Capon, and asked him for a horse and he told me to fuck off. So i'm supposed to follow him but before he set off Mutt pissed on his horse lmao. Doggo is truly best boi.

[EDIT] Capon is now suddenly jovial. I like this turn of events, was expecting him to be an asshole all the way to the camp but they are actually adding new shades to his character.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Yeah, I like that there's a little depth to the characters. Capon turns out to be a pretty decent guy. He's got his faults, but all in all he's a good guy.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's one of the things i like best so far. Even though i cringe every time they take the piss at the clergy (which apparently they love to do over and over) i don't remember many games where characters are multi-dimensional like this, least of all modern gaymes. It's too bad that Vavra has such an hardon for "cinematic" experiences because i'm sure all the dialogue they had to record (and so far they had quality voice actors too, at least for the important characters) and all the animations they had to do cut down on how much story and quests they could write in the game. Not that in current age it would have been possible to do anything else.

[EDIT] So i gotta wait until morning at the camp, and right off the bat the problem i just mentioned materialized itself, because i thought i could talk more with Capon but i can't. Guess they only had so much money to spend on voice acting and they had to limit themselves on how much dialogue NPCs get to have.

Ho, and since i got a bit of time for myself i tried poaching some of the rabbits around the camp but its hopeless. I waited forever to find a rabbit that wasn't moving than spend forever inching my way towards him and as soon as he was at shooting range (basically point blank lmao), i draw my bow and he suddenly scurries away. Fucking hell.

Last edited:

pickmeister

Learned
The Capon voice actor (Luke Dale) was considered for the role of Henry but they ran with the other guy in the end. A bad decision I say. Dale's Henry would likely have more of a scoundrel feel but more fun. McKay's Henry is meh.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, so since i got a lot of time before dawn, i decided to go for a stroll through the woods, and met three Cumans along the way. I managed to split one of them but for the life of me i can't beat the main one. Even with perfect block i can't reposte if i try he just does a three hit combo. Every now and then i manage to hit him but if i make a mistake its half my health, not the least because i didn't bring any armor just every low noise and low visibility piece of clothing i had.

I'll try a few more times later if i can't beat him i guess i'll just go to sleep and get on with the hunt. I saved scummed with the quit and save after i split them at the very least i'll try to pickpocket them and then gaggle them if i can, even though i don't have a lot of room to carry their shit.

I would like to try Hardcore mode but I'm pretty certain no fast travel would eventually end up being way too much of a drag for me and I would never finish the playthrough. I'm not that much of an immersion fag anymore, I appreciate things that save me time now. If I was 15-20 years younger I'm sure I would be into it though. I wish there was a customizeable difficulty mode.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom