Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
This adventure is amazing i've been after the charcoal people looking for this Ginger faggot, and finally they send me to kill bandits. So since i still have half a mind of getting the merciful achievement, i just used Mutt to kill them! Alas, once i got back to the charcoal people they were all sound aleep. So i figured, imma head back to the Mill, except what do i find along the way? An inn! Now that's some atmospheric shit if i ever saw one.

I also just found out that any shit you have on your chest moves along with you on any bed you own, as the chest in my room in the inn had all the stuff i shoved in it in the Mill. Unrealistic, but i guess it was necessary.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Doesn't the game teleport you back to Rattay as soon as you cut his binds off? Or is is differently on hardcore mode?
Yes, through the power of cinematic cutscenes:

xomy0n.jpg

2o8gcl.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Heh, now Henry and Capon are basically best buddies. The quality of the writing of this game is a bit uneven, especially all those swearing and silly jokes about balls and what not. Maybe it all sounds better in Czech but i'll let it pass. Could be a whole lot worse.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Heh, now Henry and Capon are basically best buddies. The quality of the writing of this game is a bit uneven, especially all those swearing and silly jokes about balls and what not. Maybe it all sounds better in Czech but i'll let it pass. Could be a whole lot worse.
Life threatening situations tend to do that to be honest, and they're a lot more alike then they'd like to admit. I found the development of their relationship more than fine.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yeah it's fine, i was talking about some of the lines in the diloague, not the general gist of it which i liked very much.

I'm in a pickle now. I can finish Ginger in a Pickle right now, but Radzig told me to go investigate the lead to Uzhitz right away, in case bandits themselves go look for the limp guy and get rid of him. According to the internet, i can pause the main story now but the way Radzig worded it feels like i have to actually get going anybody can confirm i can stop for now? My last save is right before talking to Bernard, but i'd rather finish Ginger in a Pickle so Bernard is back to the training camp.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd recommend ending "Ginger..." and then head to a scribe to learn how to read, and practice Alchemy. After that, the tutorial is over, and you can branch as you please.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Life threatening situations tend to do that to be honest, and they're a lot more alike then they'd like to admit. I found the development of their relationship more than fine.
Capon is a young, brash, spoiled smartass. If anything his vocabulary is way too tame. In reality guys like him make cringe jokes about balls and fucking like 50% of the time.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So there's no timer on the quest where you have to look for the limp bandit?
Ultimately, if you dawdle too much, one of the key NPCs will die (not the limp bandit). You'll be able to finish the quest in an alternative way, as usual, but the dude will be dead.

Sadly I don't remember if the timer is already running in the Ginger in a Pickle or if it starts with the next MQ.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Nice. Gonna take some big time for myself. Get my clotches in order i did all those quests from Capon's hunt to the murder investigation while wearing tatters lmao this is a disgrace.

Anyway, i barely managed to make it to the tourney on my way back after completing Ginger. I was able to beat the first guy with the clinch tactic, just corner him and bash him over the head, but the second guy was way too strong. Couldn't defeat him in a clinch, and couldn't beat him by sparring with him. I tried perfect blocks, feints etc nothing. He also did wierd shit like step around me and pock me in the head, some kind of fancy combo i never saw before.

I think i COULD cheat with some potion that raises strenght and do the clinch trick on the stronger guys as well, but for now i'm happy with the result. It's an improvement over my first try where i couldn't even beat the first dude. It feels like i'm progressing naturally with my skills. Come next week i may get the second guy.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, while the combat system is getting more and more clear as time goes along, and isn't as janky as it seemed at first now that i'm getting how all the mechanics work etc, i think it is a bit bugged because sometimes it seems i lose lock on for no reason. You are supposed to click shift to get off target but sometimes it does it by itself if your camera goes haywire for any reason, like if they just run into you or if they do some wierd dodge or combo. Doesn't happen all the time but its annoying when it does.

It's still very satifying though. I think the hate for this combat system is unjustified. I think people bitch about it only because fighting multiple opponents is a clusterfuck but then in real life not even the best knight could survive getting swarmed by multiple enemies so encounters with big numbers should be taken tactically. Either run away and try to cheat the AI into splitting them (sometime if you engage them after splitting them they just bolt which allows you get to the next time wondering around without fear of being found out by his friends) or sneak in and gag them etc, which is what i've been doing so far and it has worked best. Mutt also helps too, even though his stamina is still a bit low. In so far as first person melee combat, i don't think i've ever seen anything better. Not that it's a super high bar to clear as first person melee is usually shit, but hey, it's a good effort. If by the grace of God they start working on KCD2 they should use the first one as a base and build upon that instead of starting from scratch.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Does the Well Groomed perk work on ALL armor (including metal armor) or just clothes?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Haaa, i see where those wierd combos from enemies come from. I just got perks for my sword skill and i can pick different combos for each type of weapon. So the plot thickens on this combat system.

BTW, the guards are STILL giving me shit for those damn keys. :negative:

Imma go romance and scout the country side for a bit. No point showing my face in town. Actually, i think i'll got learn how to read.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haaa, i see where those wierd combos from enemies come from.

Most of those are probably just the automatic ripostes they use for pulling off master strikes from perfect blocks or dodges.

Make sure you learn Master Strikes from Bernard if you haven't already.

Modron

Arcane
He also did wierd shit like step around me and pock me in the head, some kind of fancy combo i never saw before.
I think that's a master strike/riposte, do too many attacks from the same direction and the ai will start riposting them. At higher levels you basically can't pull off more than 3 attacks without the enemies initiating one of them. So if you want to pull off some cool combo you've got to feed the enemy attacks from different angles not used by a combo for a while before you can pull one off.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
That's cool, I didn't know the AI's chance to block was affected by how often you hit from a direction. After a while I just gave up on combos and relied entirely on riposte/master strike + skullcrusher. Life is easier that way.

Modron

Arcane
Yeah the only combo I used regularly was that 3 move combo that finishes with a double stab to the face because you really only had to perform 2 attacks and not get parried (getting blocked is fine) for the 2 shots to the face to trigger on third swing and auto hit an often ungarded area. Still I did on occasion have to bait them into not blocking certain directions by attacking elsewhere.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Are there mods that you guys would say improve the combat? I'm not going to install any as i want to experience this first run as is, but for future reference.

Modron

Arcane
Not sure that I even used any mods for KCD, at least I don't remember doing so and that was only ~4 years ago I played through it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i went to learn how to read and bolted out of Uzhitz without talking to anyone. I saw a bunch of people gathered in an house and made sure to ride the fuck around it. Main quest can fucking wait lmao.

[EDIT] So i finished that part of the Vagabond quest where you steal the seal from the merchant. Went to the town at night, which was atmospheric as shit. I even looted the guy's house and dropped the stolen stuff in my chest in the inn i rented for the night. I then dropped the useless ring to the other miller and he gave me a quest to Talmberg.

I have a feeling i'll never not play a thief in this game. It seems the reward for being "noble" is missing a ton of fun quests, and my OCD always prevents me from skipping content in games. I HAVE to do everything.

Ho, also, i've met the dueling knight again and now he is in front of me for the THIRD time. What's with this dude. I got his shirt and his sword, what is he gonna offer me now. And before you ask, yeah i already choked him the first time to look at his armor but then i reloaded lmao.

[EDIT #2] So dueled him for a third time. This time he only fought for money, which was disappointing as i read you can fight a knight for armor but i guess it wasn't this one. So after i beat him i crawled behind him and choked him out. That's what he gets for challening a master thief. I guess since the first time i met him i lost whatever remaining moral i had. Pissed me off too since he gave up after the third swing i mean he isn't even good for training.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Not sure that I even used any mods for KCD, at least I don't remember doing so and that was only ~4 years ago I played through it.

Well, once i'll finish the game i'll check what's out there for a future playthrough.

cvv was talking about the kind of people who like to LARP and install "realistic" mods in Skyrim etc, and, well, as it happens i AM that kind of person. Guilty as charged i guess. The only problem is that my LARPing cravings were never fully satisfied because i couldn't stand any of the Bethesda games for more than 10 minutes, with the exception of Daggerfall, which isn't really that LARPY more like a janky but vast dungeon crawler, and Morrowind which however got boring after a while as even with LARPing mods there's not much to do after a certain point. The game felt like playing an offline MMO after a while. So i've been waiting for a game that satisfies my LARPing itch but isn't total shit, and i suppose this one is it.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Are there mods that you guys would say improve the combat? I'm not going to install any as i want to experience this first run as is, but for future reference.
IIRC there are some good ones, PorkyThePaladin talked about them in some detail. Never tried them but apparently they remove Master Strikes that kindda turn the combat against high-level mobs into a ridiculous game of "wait for 3 minutes for the dude to swing, then master-strike him".

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is my Henry after ~60h of gameplay. Stopped main quest after getting my own town, and explored the map, and did sidequests. The skills that you don't see assume they're lvl 20.

Attachments

• Henry1.jpg
    Henry1.jpg
    524.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Henry2.jpg
    Henry2.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 88
  • HenrySidekicks.jpg
    HenrySidekicks.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 78
  • HenrySkills.jpg
    HenrySkills.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 89

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom