Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Wunderbar

Arcane
I always kill Black Peter first, and then randomly stumble upon the father. He tells me a whole huge story of his life, and then I'm like "hey, i know this guy, he's already ded".

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Fucking hell i almost gave up on the Merciful achievement. He either died too soon or just made Mutt flee i couldn't get him to the point where he was almost dead enough for Mutt to kill him.

So i ran away and finally managed to sneak up on him and choke him.

Now i'm contemplating if i should kill him or not? You guys say there's a quest associated with him?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I always kill Black Peter first, and then randomly stumble upon the father. He tells me a whole huge story of his life, and then I'm like "hey, i know this guy, he's already ded".

Haaa ok, as soon as he wakes up i'll sic Mutt on his naked, looted ass lul.

[EDIT] Really, he manged to make Mutt flee even if naked. Reloading but my patience is running thin with this guy.

[EDIT #2] Yay for Mutt, he did it. Bit his balls off. Finally.

BTW, funny thing, when i choke people, loot all their crap, and then wait for them to wake up and sic Mutt at them, once they died their bodies have some gold on them. Like, where were they hiding the groschen, in their underwear or something?

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, i just brewed 20 saviour schnapps. Should have done this from the beginning holy crap how much trouble that would have saved.

Modron

Arcane
BTW, funny thing, when i choke people, loot all their crap, and then wait for them to wake up and sic Mutt at them, once they died their bodies have some gold on them. Like, where were they hiding the groschen, in their underwear or something?
One word: keestering.

Valdetiosi

Scholar
Lmao, i just brewed 20 saviour schnapps. Should have done this from the beginning holy crap how much trouble that would have saved.
Alchemy is funny thing, it takes some while to get good quantity or even level up the skill, but just getting few batches and you're set on, be it having potions to heal you or for saving.
I suspect people who cry about saviour schnapps just never took on learning about alchemy.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I suspect people who cry about saviour schnapps just never took on learning about alchemy.
Mostly journalists on release who only played the prologue and maybe the early Rattay, p. much the only part of the game where schnapps is a problem (and only when you're playing honorably, coz you can get snowdrifts of this stuff by looting).

Valdetiosi

Scholar
Anyways, always refreshing to play this game time to time, gotta be one of the few video games to make authentic forests.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
If i have one caveat about this game is the armor inventory management. I have a full set of heavy armor but also a set for my rogue activities and managing the two its a bit annoying, especially when i loot enemies and than i forget which is what. I can sort armor by defence but not by noise/visibility etc.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Just unlocked the thief achievement lol.

BTW, reading has great synergy with the nightmares negative perk. Every time i wake up i read something until the debuff is gone.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Still not ready to take on the main quest. Went to visit Capon and he now wants to invite me to the baths. I guess we are best buddies now.

[EDIT] So a guard stopped me. This is getting so annoying i told the guy to fuck off in game and i gained reputation for it. Holy crap hahaha.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
WTF, doing Alex quest lowers your rep with Rattay. How would they even know it was me who was poaching.

Is there a way i can get it back or do i have to just accept the rep loss?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
WTF, doing Alex quest lowers your rep with Rattay. How would they even know it was me who was poaching.

Is there a way i can get it back or do i have to just accept the rep loss?
IIRC you can boost the average rep with any town by massively overpaying for goods during haggling with vendors. It's grindy and costly but it should work.

Soldiers can be appeased by helping them beat up bandits during random encounters.

Citizens rep is gained when you're helping them during quests. I think that one is not repeatable tho, coz quests are limited.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
OCD about wanting to max everything?

There's an achievement for having high reputation but i think i locked myself out of that one because my rep with Skalitz is at 66 (i think you need 89 for the achievement) despite not having been caught doing anything, so i don't know what gives, but no point worrying about it now. There's always next time.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Pff, let me guess, the priest is corrupt and is banging that Agnes chick bla bla bla.

Daniel Vavra, this has become a broken record at this point.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Oh, it's that moment when you can skip the best part of the game by making a successful persuasioon check.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Just had a taste of how broken master strikes are, i just won the tourney.

It's not so fun once you start encountering a lot of opponents that know how to do it. The last time I played I used a mod to prevent the AI from using master strikes, then purposefully avoided learning them myself. Not a fan of randomly getting fucked, and the master strike that makes you swap positions with your opponent is almost guaranteed death against multiple opponents, turning a careful game of kiting and positioning into a straight up gang-bang unless you manage to immediately sprint away to reposition. YMMV, but if you start finding that same thing happening to you, know that there's options available.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Annnnd now we got some wombyn pride shit with Antonia.

There's no escaping this crap, is there.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, it seems i shouldn't have put the main story on hold. Apparently i missed a line in the Capon quest i'm doing where i can tell him about "exploits" from quests later in the game. Guess i should have followed the logic of the events since apparently the game does.

vota DC

Augur
Alchemy is funny thing, it takes some while to get good quantity or even level up the skill, but just getting few batches and you're set on, be it having potions to heal you or for saving.
I finished the game first time with illiterate honest Henry so no alchemy and stealing but I just needed to grind some herbs and sell them to have enough schnapps.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'll make an honest Henry on a future playthrough. I'm keeping scumbag Henry for this run because it is a lot easier to get the Merciful achievement as a rogue. Hell, all my rogue skills are approaching 20 where my highest weapon skill is at 5 and at least half of my combat xp comes from training with Bernard or the tourney.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
One question, are there any consequences from running people over with my horse? I keep bumping into everybody lmao, true Italian driving style.

Speaking of which, i'm now the proud owner of that nice looking white Arab stallion. Fuck yeah i'm starting to look like a knight now people even call me that in town.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom