Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just experienced the Cyrano scene. I actually laughed because of an RPG. I almost forgot how that feels like. Cool.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I wonder, can you actually kill Bernard if you fight him with real weapons during training? Or can you make him give up at least? I was beating him pretty consistently today, but i quit as i didn't want to abuse the xp gain. Maybe next time i can save and try to see how far i can go.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lol, so since i'm a dirty save scummer and since i can just brew a million saviour thingies whenever i want to i just took the perk that boosts your archery and makes you shake less when drunk. Sure enough, i just won three contests in a row, beginner level. I also found out you get xp in those contests, even though it's not much.

Maybe by the time i get my hunting license i'll be able to actually shoot animals on my own.

I'm waiting for the tourney since i signed up as Capon's page once that's over i'll finally pick up the main quest again. It feels i'm ready i have a beefy armor, nice horse and tons of resources no reason to idle around any longer.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i found a bandit camp with a dog and sic Mutt at the fucking thing and just watched them brawl. Amazing. I'm starting to think Mutt is overpowered.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i've done all the steps in Ruin and my rep with the Rattay guards is now at 87. It seems i can't finish the Beggar's Feast quest unless i find a way to raise rep with the guards further.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Damn, Peshek now wants me to steal an illuminated book from Hanush. This is pushing it. Even though its just a stupid game my own moral fiber is screaming at the sacrilegious nature of this act. Since this was my first run i'm pretty much doing everything but come next play and i'll definintely go full paladin. No robbery, no thieving quests. And of course if i can get this stupid merciful achievement in this run, no stealth. Just full frontal combat, with combat mods on top of it.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Shit gets real when you're asked to commit a crime against the nicest guy in the game eh :P

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i guess i really did make a mistake about pausing the main quest.

Apparently, mentioning Baptism of Fire to Capon during the Next to Godliness quest triggers Clothes make the Man and the following Robber Baron quest. Since i did Next to Godliness before all that, Capon is giving me no follow up quests of any kind. So i guess i missed out on those two Capon quests now, unless doing Baptism of Fire eventually unlocks them anyway.

[EDIT] Apparently i can unlock Robber Baron by doing Questions and Answers, which is down the line in the main quest, but by pausing the game i guess i just screw up the whole flow of the story.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Now that i spent some time just doing whatever, not following any quests except for Though Love (which has catapulted me to a timed quest so i can't pick up Mysterious Ways still lmao), i got wondering whether there is much to do in this game once all the quests are done. While i enjoy the exploration and traveling a great deal, there doesn't seem to be much beyond visit place, explore area, fight randomly generated enemy encounters, or maybe go poaching for gold (which i can now do consistently). And of course the treasures and various interesting locations, which are fun to discover.

I wonder if some randomly generated or repeatable activies would help spice things up, but i suspect once the main story and all the side quests are done the game will be pretty much over, which isn't bad as despite the fact the map and towns aren't that big it's still taking me forever to finish. The scale of the world may be small but the amount of detail that went into it makes it feel surprisingly thick in content. BTW, doing an hard core run right off the bat was the best thing i could have done. Part of the reason the world feels bigger than it actually is is that i have to constantly get my bearings and memorize where i'm at so every time i go on a mission it fills like an adventure in itself.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, this is my set up right now. It's a rogue set up but i got enough metal in me that NPCs call me a "knight" etc:

XqDQdPU.jpg

Using poison to drop enemies without getting a kill on my statistics page. Usually either stab them with the sword and kite them around until they die or shoot them with an arrow on horse and ride away. That is if i want to kill them usually i just choke them out and don't bother murdering them as there's no point really. Also, Mutt still gets his share of blood if any of them wakes up after i took all their shit and i see them walking around naked.

Right now my stat page is still clean. I have only one kill under the "enemy" line but that's just a bandit dog Mutt was having trouble with that i decided to kill on my own while Mutt was getting his ass kicked. The merciful achievement is still on. I'm also contemplating of modding master strikes right now. I wanted to "experience" my first playthrough without mods but damn this shit is definitely annoying. I can easily beat Bernard or any of the guys in the tourney just by waiting for them to attack and riposte with master strikes. Sometimes i just try to hit them normally only to get master striked back so there's usually no point. If it wasn't for the fact i rarely fight enemies head on and rely on sneaky shit instead i think i'd have definitely got rid of it by now.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So this is the mod you guys were talking about:

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/651

I haven't read the whole page but i suspect this thing will probably fuck up by current playthrough and should probably wait for a fresh start to use it, but i assume the one that removes the slow motion effect and removes master strikes shouldn't cause any troubles.

vota DC

Augur
I wonder, can you actually kill Bernard if you fight him with real weapons during training? Or can you make him give up at least? I was beating him pretty consistently today, but i quit as i didn't want to abuse the xp gain. Maybe next time i can save and try to see how far i can go.
He gives up with real weapons and training maces, not with wooden swords.

Paul_cz

Arcane
but i suspect once the main story and all the side quests are done the game will be pretty much over
Kingdom Come has a definitive ending that will presumably be followed up on in the sequel.
There is no playing after the epilogue. If you want to play more, new playthrough it is.

Valdetiosi

Scholar
I haven't read the whole page but i suspect this thing will probably fuck up by current playthrough and should probably wait for a fresh start to use it
It does say on description "New game not required (everything can be toggled on/off without affecting save integrity)."
What might cause issues if you install it, play it a while and uninstall it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I wonder if some randomly generated or repeatable activies would help spice things up
:nocountryforshitposters:

I understand why you are scoffing but don't forget this game has a Stalkerish side to it.

I went hunting for the second treasure map and while i was riding in a trail in the woods, hoping its the right one (probably not the map is vague as shit), scouting left and right for some kind of clue i notice one of the trails that led into the woods had some blood in it. So i decided to go there i found a big wooden camp with five or six bandits and three dogs. This suddenly set in motion a whole array of attack plans in my head. Problem is, there's probably no other rewards besides some gear i already looted a ton of (and it's not like gold is hard to make in this game). The gameplay opportunity is its own rewards, but would be nice if the world aknowledged those kind of impromptu explorations.

[Fake edit] Turns out i was on the right track and actually found the treasure of the map. Kinda of proud of myself i managed not to get hopelessly lost in the woods.

Paul_cz

Arcane
He's right, random encounters are fun.
And there are random encounters in KCD. What he is scoffing at is the sort of radiant quest bullshit with infinite generic boring ass quests that Bethesda and Ubisoft come up with. And it is not really possible to make these quests in any way meaningful so I prefer not to have them there.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Fucking hell i finished sabotaging the executioner but now i gotta wait another day before the execution. I'll never pick up the main quest again like this.

Modron

Arcane
BTW, this is my set up right now. It's a rogue set up but i got enough metal in me that NPCs call me a "knight" etc:
It's worth giving items a closer inspection, I know I was able to wear chainmail under my brigandine or whatever that top layer chest piece is called and still get 0 noise (with repair skill perk that reduced noise of worn repaired items by X points of course). Pay close attention to Kettle Hats, Chainmail, and Brigandine as there are often improved versions that are identical in name and nearly identical in looks but have better stats of those three items.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom