Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

soulburner

Cipher
I remember vividly how changing my slightly overclocked i5-2500K to a brand new at the time Ryzen 3600 made most tasks, including games, so fast it was almost hard to believe - and I kept the same GPU, R9 290. Some games, to this day, are CPU intensive, there's nothing you can do about it but upgrade (overclocking is now a thing of the past, there never will be a performance jump like setting a Pentium 133 at 166 MHz, not even mentioning such epic things like a Celeron 300A). Recently I've heard people who upgraded from their Ryzen 3000/5000 series GPUs to a 7000 series and claim they have a similar performance jump.

For as long as I remember, CryEngine was considered a very CPU-heavy engine when compared with Unreal and others - which sounds about right, because after testing Star Citizen a few weeks ago when they had a free week or something like that I barely hit 30 fps with ~60% GPU usage (RTX 3060). Changing detail settings barely had an effect.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I believe it, although my point is aimed towards the poor quality of the shipped graphics presets. The optimized presets both speed up the game and make it look better, which was my point.

One day the old 2500k will be put out to pasture, but not today.

Heh, I'm still looking forward to the day I have CPU with fast enough single core performance to run Crysis 1 without drops below 60 at the settings I want. That mission where you're a flying a VTOL with tornadoes around still runs like shit. Cryengine and CPU performance, old topic for me.

Melcar

Arcane
Heh, I'm still looking forward to the day I have CPU with fast enough single core performance to run Crysis 1 without drops below 60 at the settings I want. That mission where you're a flying a VTOL with tornadoes around still runs like shit. Cryengine and CPU performance, old topic for me.
Original Crysis or NuCrysis? Mods? A 5800X can run that game (original unmoded) no problems. Paired with a 6750XT and I'm getting +70fps at 1440p with max settings and 4XAA. Any CPU of that level should be able to make short work of the game.

Original C1 with texture mod and I'm talking settings way above what in game menu allows. My draw distance tweaks alone make a massive difference. And 4x in game MSAA not enough for me, I gotta have at least 4x SGSSAA, which is something that kills aliasing way better than regular 2x2 Supersampling. Though that is GPU department. It's the physics and my LOD tweaks that kill CPU in C1.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Arma 3 is another game that relies heavily on single core CPU performance.

Paul_cz

Arcane
At least Crysis Remastered improved CPU multithreading performance substantially. It took them a year to make it good but they got there.

At least Crysis Remastered improved CPU multithreading performance substantially. It took them a year to make it good but they got there.

Too bad the graphics and physics are far crappier than the original.

So physics too? I saw that the graphics looked shittier and I knew that they removed leaning and quicksaving, which was enough for me to never bother with it. Didn't even know about physics but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Play through the game without modifications the first time, just like the developers intended. After that, go wild the modifications.

Last edited:

VerSacrum

Educated
I have just started KCD. What mods do I need? I mostly want to make polearms work, and armored combat focus on hitting unprotected areas, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Would you recommend the Better Combat and Immersion compilation?
Problem is that the polearms aren't balanced in Henry's hands so I concur with SlamDunk, even if their lack (together with the lack of crossbows etc.) is pretty much inexcusable in this setting.
And don't be afraid of playing in hardcore mode - the quest log provides enough instructions so you don't need the map markers. Woodland exploration is a big part of the game and it's even better in this mode.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Jesus Christ be praised wtf is this frametime?

0Ql47bX.jpg

I have just started KCD. What mods do I need? I mostly want to make polearms work, and armored combat focus on hitting unprotected areas, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Would you recommend the Better Combat and Immersion compilation?

Don't listen to retards telling you to play it unmodded for the first time, a few simple mods can take KCD from interesting game territory to one of the great games of all time:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-modding-thread.126473/

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Herny got that medieval drip

XOTe29J.jpg

The cinematics are very well done, it's a shame there are so few of them. The animations and camera work of normal conversation pale in comparison.

Herny got that medieval drip

XOTe29J.jpg

The cinematics are very well done, it's a shame there are so few of them. The animations and camera work of normal conversation pale in comparison.

That hat with that armor is a crime against humanity. Try a mail coif you vile criminal!

Harthwain

Magister

Gerrard

Arcane
The best example of the incredible performance of this game is when you're in the monastery, there's a spot in the chapel where you are far enough from the monastery that I guess it switches off the NPC simulation

Rjwqite.jpg

And once you take a few steps forward

F5pGrSM.jpg

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I always thought it was something else within the monastery that caused the fps drop, but yes, I had that all the time. Thought it was just my potato computer.

TedNugent

Arcane
Wow, man. I really wasted time not getting into this game sooner.

This is a tremendously honest game.

I am astonished that this was ever made, let alone so recently.
What a relief amidst the prevailing fantasy nonsense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom