Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Covenant

Savant
Would appreciate a spoiler on the following - is there any benefit to keeping the magic lamp rather than using it?

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Would appreciate a spoiler on the following - is there any benefit to keeping the magic lamp rather than using it?

Yeah,
the genie will help you at the big gate battle on the last map

Think he helps you anyway even after you have used all the benefits from it before big gate battle? Have not played for a while so I might be wrong

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there any point in not using the genie in the gate battle outside of the extra XP? And I've heard people say that the gate battle was one of the most difficult fights in the game, is this true? How do the fights after compare?

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Gate is pretty hard if you don't know what is coming but its not too bad if u got plenty of casters, after it there are couple more hard fights which difficulty is similar.
There might be achievement for beating gate without genie but too lazy to check. Other than that just xp.
Still Death Snare was the hardest fight for my ironman grinding and did not struggle at castle area

LabRat

Learned
The only thing that annoying me is that sprites of male characters look like a bunch of twinks.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
236 unsuccessful grapple attempts and still going

XMnhbto.jpeg

Absurd enemy numbers are one thing, but if I also have to deal with AI and game logic glitches like this, especially when the battle has been playing out in my favour... :?

In general, I found out that having high initiative here is a must, because in many battles if you don't manage to get the first move, you're pretty much as good as dead and you might as well just start the battle over. At least that's how it has been for me.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

XMnhbto.jpeg

Absurd enemy numbers are one thing, but if I also have to deal with AI and game logic glitches like this, especially when the battle has been playing out in my favour... :?

In general, I found out that having high initiative here is a must, because in many battles if you don't manage to get the first move, you're pretty much as good as dead and you might as well just start the battle over. At least that's how it has been for me.
That's how it's been for all of us for a few years, now.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
After numerous attempts I've finally made it through that encounter with Green and Gray goblin tribes, but I got one of my characters *DEAD*, now how long is it until I get the chance to resurrect him? Or should I just replay that battle straight away?

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Send the screenshot and a description of how the bug happened (which enemy, which turn, etc) to Pierre's email, he will try to fix it ASAP.

Ryzer

Arcane

XMnhbto.jpeg

This battle is insane, usually I got web'd, stuck and then a spellcaster use a AOE fire spell for extra damages, Sooooo much fun!

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Aaaaand it happened again. FUCK I was about to win. It seems to always happen with those frogies, one tries to grapple a foe, fails, then somehow gets another attempt, and the infinite loop commences.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
EVg5FqR.jpg

80000 gold coins, duuuude. And then some more. Since this game loves to shit on the player so much, I can't wait to see how soon I will be inevitably deprived of these valuables, following the game's script.

Last edited:

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
So any games using the OGL might be in trouble.

If Pierre isn't eating roots exclusively right now, he should probably start....

rojay

Scholar
So any games using the OGL might be in trouble.

If Pierre isn't eating roots exclusively right now, he should probably start....
Are they trying to revoke the open license they gave for other editions, or just not making "one dnd" open source at all?

RPK

Scholar
they are trying to retroactively revoke it for everything and force all content creators to register with them. According to the leaked document, there is no OGL anymore, the term "Open" in Open Game License as it is used in reference to OGL 1.1 is a misnomer.

Last edited:

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
they are trying to retroactively revoke it for everything and force all content creators to register with them. According to the leaked document, there is no OGL anymore, the term "Open" in Open Game License as it is used in reference to OGL 1.1 is a misnomer.

Yeah and it can only be used for written materials like splat books, nothing else.

We will see what happens

Dorateen

Arcane
I have updated the Hearkenwold adventure module to 1.54, which is current with the latest version of KotC2. This included the new combat maneuvers such as Throw Enemy.

https://www.nexusmods.com/knightsofthechalice2/mods/5

I also posted a new video in order to demonstrate the Throw Enemy feature in battle. The way it works, a character has to first make a successful Grapple attack. Then, they can choose the option to throw, and have to succeed that check as well. The party I am running is not really built for grappling, and it took our human Paladin three tries to finally toss the last bugbear into a bottomless chasm for instant death. And that's awesome.

The bugbears are given the Barbarian class, and this battle also showcases some of the new Spirit Animal abilities from an earlier update.

You can also do things like throw enemies into other creatures for damage, or just toss them on the ground and they will fall prone. It works like a spell effect, so the module and creatures had to be updated accordingly. Pierre was gracious enough to help me with this.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I have updated the Hearkenwold adventure module to 1.54, which is current with the latest version of KotC2. This included the new combat maneuvers such as Throw Enemy.

https://www.nexusmods.com/knightsofthechalice2/mods/5

I also posted a new video in order to demonstrate the Throw Enemy feature in battle. The way it works, a character has to first make a successful Grapple attack. Then, they can choose the option to throw, and have to succeed that check as well. The party I am running is not really built for grappling, and it took our human Paladin three tries to finally toss the last bugbear into a bottomless chasm for instant death. And that's awesome.

The bugbears are given the Barbarian class, and this battle also showcases some of the new Spirit Animal abilities from an earlier update.

You can also do things like throw enemies into other creatures for damage, or just toss them on the ground and they will fall prone. It works like a spell effect, so the module and creatures had to be updated accordingly. Pierre was gracious enough to help me with this.

Sorry if you've answered this before but what's the estimated play time in hours for your module?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom