Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Street lights seems too bright, other is fine.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Previous art style was 3D , PS1 style, no problem with me but it wont get them many sales indeed on steam. Now that comic style can appeal to a larger steam mass market crowd, while not alienating anyone, it's clearly for the best.Tbh that's really impressive aesthetics.

Balanced agree-disagree reaction. They could sell much more copies, more then with this *current art style* if they sticked to OG PS1 isometric Metal Gear Solid art style and marketed game as exactly what it would be: isometric Metal Gear Solid/ Escape from Space New York RPG. Stretch your hand. Can you feel it too? Money is already starting to drizzle over this comment!

ArchAngel

Arcane
If it is not modern pixel art or good graphics people will not buy a more complex game.
At best they might get Underrail sales but these devs live in USA and have sold their house to make this game. They need proper sale numbers.

Mortmal

Arcane
Previous art style was 3D , PS1 style, no problem with me but it wont get them many sales indeed on steam. Now that comic style can appeal to a larger steam mass market crowd, while not alienating anyone, it's clearly for the best.Tbh that's really impressive aesthetics.

Balanced agree-disagree reaction. They could sell much more copies, more then with this *current art style* if they sticked to OG PS1 isometric Metal Gear Solid art style and marketed game as exactly what it would be: isometric Metal Gear Solid/ Escape from Space New York RPG. Stretch your hand. Can you feel it too? Money is already starting to drizzle over this comment!
Nah, pS1 graphics? money is not drizzling, money is all flacid...

lophiaspis

Arbiter
If it is not modern pixel art or good graphics people will not buy a more complex game.
At best they might get Underrail sales but these devs live in USA and have sold their house to make this game. They need proper sale numbers.

The previous Jodorowsky-Moebius style seems the optimal choice from both artistic and commercial POV. Eye catching compared to usual indie crap, and simple to make compared with realistic graphics.

Mortmal

Arcane

The previous Jodorowsky-Moebius style seems the optimal choice from both artistic and commercial POV. Eye catching compared to usual indie crap, and simple to make compared with realistic graphics.
That gentlemanis perfectly right that style reminds me those comics and Sci fi video games from my childhood. Games like BAT, or syndicate for exemple, its kind of a madeleine of Proust effect. My comment dont add much i would just brofist him, but you know codex is a dictatorship like france tthey mutilate political opponents so i have no longer any brofists.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
they change their art style more often then your average thot her latest 'bf'
Oh, man! What a comparison... You're a literary mastermind!
Thanks bro, didn't even apply for award. Some things give themselves to you practically, like your thot. Don't despair, once I mold and train her to be wife material, I'll sell her back to you for mere price of 100 brofists. Better than best deal!
To get any sale numbers they need to first sell a product and product needs to have an art style. One, not one hundred and one. Or give us at least an option to change styles in settings, like paint jobs on your audi, RTwP vs Turn Based mode in Deadfire, switch between different themes on Nokia. Since they all seem fully operational and implemented, it would be waste for them all to end up in waste. Make it a selling point on box too: Travel through UI art history from PS1 era to Hipster era, Metal Gear to Psychonauts! Would be first Art History RPG too

Diggfinger

Arcane
I'm about done with an impression's article. But man is it hard: the game is changing so much with every interation, it's impossible to give any coherent assessment of what the final product will be like.
At first, there were some test missions to try out. Then that was out the window, and now they release snippets of small areas with huge graphical variations earch time.
At least the systems are coherent, but the stuff we get to try out now is pretty bare-bones (just combat, no character-interaction or character skills).

Anyway, guess I should finish it and put it on the Codex. Maybe at least the screenshots will be of some historical value :oops:

Last edited:

grimace

Arcane
D2G0LWjX4AE17x0.jpg:large

Alpha 1.097 now available to alpha testers.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Speaking on behalf of Whalenought, I've made a decision. Every Codexer can make one request about the art in 5 words or less and they will somehow all be implemented for the final version of the game.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i want a collector's physical copy of the game that come with some . . . . enhanced mushrooms. . . or . . . grasses. to enjoy the immersion 110% from this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom