Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Agreed and seconded, except the ambushes and the railroading, don't care about that one way or the other, personally didn't have problem with any of that.

I'd add a few things myself:

- reintroducing the positioning system would be the first thing I'd do, if it's actually doable in any practical way coding-wise
- I'd also try to figure out ways to awesome up the magic skills progression, the expert-master-gm ranks only give you better penetration power which is useful but seems a bit dry as a reward for all the effort; previous MnMs were superior in this respect
- this would be probably a task for an extremelly enthusiastic modder with plenty of time but the itemization would benefit immensely from some fresh new ideas. Again, I'd try to awesome up the relic ranks a bit (the bonuses from higher ranks are good but again just stats increases which is a bit dry), definitely replace the pidddling magic dmg effects on weapons with something more substantial, increase the status effect chances (3% chance is as near irrelevant as makes no difference) and generaly make the loot less Diablo and more MnM
- seconding twice the minimap scroll suggestion, also in some places the background color of the explored areas is so dark it's indistinguishable from the unexplored ones
- I would second the idea of removing difficulty variation, don't like it either but I can hear already the wailing and moaning of thousands of voices from all corners of galaxy. Hell, even supposedly hardcore Codex grognards like Roxor found the game too hard, what about today's kids, newcomers and newbies? I'm afraid the difficulty variation is here with us to stay

EDIT: Oh and I didn't feel like playing again either after I finished but that's normal for me, I rarely play the same game twice in under a year. But I'm definitely looking forward to play it again in a year or so, with patches, mods etc.

Last edited:
K bros.

i had diarrhoea for a week. Motherfucking Quack of a doc advised me not to drink and prescribed me antibiotics which didn't help me shitting. But I wanted enough relief to play MMX continuously this weekend. So drank around half a dozen of beer cans. Mostly didn't spoil myself except that Ranged is shittier than the diarrhoea I had.

In act 3 now with a party of Crusader/Blade Dancer/ Freemage/ Rune Priest on Adventurer Difficulty. Speced Crusader in magic/spirit/vitality with light/swords/Heavy Armor. Fucker is Celestial Armor bot with the occasional heal/resurrect, who sometimes is the only fucker left alive, Master Swords with the Star ore meteor sword can deald ecent damage in a pinch.

Bladedancer is Rape squad with dual wielding daggers ( no relics) with +elemental damage. Fucker hits like a train. Survives pretty good mostly due to Dodge and Expert Arcane Discipline.

Freemage fucking rocks. This bitch mainly uses Dark and Primordial debuffs, with occasional chain lightning/cyclone to finish foes. The Master Dark spell synergises nicely with Bladedancer Rape train.

Runepriest was initial nuker mana pot spam with fire in Act1/2, but is now mostly relegated to buffing/healign with fire/earth.

This game has extremely shitty load times, really retarded setting and backstory, irritating map designs which artificially increases playing time, fucking monster spawns out of nowhere who pop up to fuck shit up, a sore lack of non combat skills and irritating immunities to stuff like skullcracker, celestial armour which is bypassed in the fights which it is required the most. This stinks of cheap and lazy design.

But all in this is the most fun blobber I have played after wizardry 7.

Also as a bonus, on a diet of beer and water for this weekend, my diarrhoea is cured. Really feeling the :incline: here

:yeah:

Last edited:

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
As some of you may know I am a professional games journalist staff writer for this site called Media Snobs, and I just reviewed the game. Didn't get too into specifics as I would if it was an amateur blog review or something, but it's a solid overview I think.

Unwanted

Captain Crusade

Andhaira
Andhaira
The devs are working on a patch right now, as per their post on the Steam forums. Hopefully we will have something to get rid of the stuttering and heat issue (one user has apparently already melted his/her GPU while playing this)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
write for rpg codex instead Joey

we don't pay him :(
Neither does MS, but we're working towards being a big media review site and I think we're doing like 100k views a month now so I think it will better serve as a launching pad to being a drone at IGN bigger and better things than the 'dex.
meh. you'll ultimately serve the decline with your ratings reviews and the codex will remain independent. :>

GrimoireFTW

Learned
so my game is broken after 57 hours played!

I have the bug where exiting a city places you in combat even though there are no enemies nearby. cant reenter city, talk to anyone, use anything, etc. basically the game places you in combat indefinitely with nothing to fight. dosent matter what city you exit from the result is always the same. I have had no respawns and my world map should pretty much be clear of all enemies. Now from what I have read there may be a monster somewhere on the map that im locked in combat with for whatever reason and I can possibly find them, but I am not willing to walk step by step all over the world map to try to find this enemy that may or may not exist. It is just too much to ask for. Oh well guess its time to hang it up, game was no longer challenging anyways, and with 400k gold with nothing to spend it on.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The devs are working on a patch right now, as per their post on the Steam forums. Hopefully we will have something to get rid of the stuttering and heat issue (one user has apparently already melted his/her GPU while playing this)

That's good to know, however it's worrying that they said nothing about the terrible framerate.

Repressed Homosexual

I'll wait before playing this, it does seem to put unusual stress on the GPU. Unity is so badly optimized, it's histerical. I remember the Conquistador game last year had the same problem.

Also I played on the warrior difficulty from the get go, and it seems to me like many enemies are much too good at parrying/dodging your fighters.

Zeriel

Arcane

That's good to know, however it's worrying that they said nothing about the terrible framerate.

They have. Multiple times. Since forever. It's an ongoing issue they are working on.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
so my game is broken after 57 hours played!

I have the bug where exiting a city places you in combat even though there are no enemies nearby. cant reenter city, talk to anyone, use anything, etc. basically the game places you in combat indefinitely with nothing to fight. dosent matter what city you exit from the result is always the same. I have had no respawns and my world map should pretty much be clear of all enemies. Now from what I have read there may be a monster somewhere on the map that im locked in combat with for whatever reason and I can possibly find them, but I am not willing to walk step by step all over the world map to try to find this enemy that may or may not exist. It is just too much to ask for. Oh well guess its time to hang it up, game was no longer challenging anyways, and with 400k gold with nothing to spend it on.
Someone else had the same problem a few pages ago. It's possible that the last time you entered combat, there was one or more enemies who didn't get killed and were far enough that they didn't start advancing toward you, so they're still waiting for you there.

Edit: never mind, you said there were no enemies nearby and knew about the bug.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
^Happened to me twice, always after using the beacon. Went back, whacked the mob, shit fixed itself.

Only answer is never to use beacon.

Zeriel

Arcane
Or just don't use it when the gem says there is a hostile enemy nearby. Not that bad. I used beacon lots, and never ran into that bug.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Or just don't use it when the gem says there is a hostile enemy nearby. Not that bad. I used beacon lots, and never ran into that bug.
After the first time I paid close attention to the gem, teleported when it was clear but got the bug again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom