Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Silent Hill Announced

Dr1f7

Scholar
qvso0ueqjwac1.jpeg

"Angela, u in there?"

Perkel

Arcane

Angela is pushing James the whole game because she doesn't want any attention. His attempts to help her are perceived as a deception to abuse her. She doesn't want to be attractive for fuck sake.
She's an incest victim, she has been fucked because she was a helpless child. Not because she was a thot walking in skirt in the hood, for fuck sake.

I fucking hate the "danger hair incloosive family" ruining the gaming industry but this specific character being redesiged with a shoe box as a face isn't an issue, for once. The role of Angela Orosco is being a full shot of Pathos in your veins.

Please watch Making of Silent Hill 2
Each and every character detail was designed in detail for a purpose. The reason why Angela looked like that in SH2 is not some random die roll but they wanted to elude specific feelings toward her.

I am 100% sure developers didn't watch it.

Yuber

Educated
What a soulless copy. Disgusting.
PS2 game from 20 years ago looks better WTF

CsSeVUV.png
Gamers are like: "I want this rape victim to look pretty".

So fictional people who got raped NEED to be ugly looking? Why is that?
And why did the OG devs not make her ugly then?

Angela is pushing James the whole game because she doesn't want any attention. His attempts to help her are perceived as a deception to abuse her. She doesn't want to be attractive for fuck sake.
She's an incest victim, she has been fucked because she was a helpless child. Not because she was a thot walking in skirt in the hood, for fuck sake.

I fucking hate the "danger hair incloosive family" ruining the gaming industry but this specific character being redesiged with a shoe box as a face isn't an issue, for once. The role of Angela Orosco is being a full shot of Pathos in your veins.

That does not answer the question.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Each and every character detail was designed in detail for a purpose. The reason why Angela looked like that in SH2 is not some random die roll but they wanted to elude specific feelings toward her.

Watched it? Bruh, I'm not even sure they played through SH2.

mord

Novice

I, for one, welcome our new AI overlords. What fan teams will be able to create in the future with the classic games will put these current DEI hires out of business, after paying kidney or two for nvidia/unreal tech no doubt.

9ted6

Educated

Speaking of SH2's design remember that unironically SH2's bad voice acting was intentional. They wanted everything to feel surreal and dreamlike. It wasn't just a Different Times thing because SH1 had significantly better voice acting and why James reading the letter is noticeably better than his dialogue once he's in Silent Hill.

Bloober's either lazy and didn't care about its VA or they're trying to emulate SH2's style but misunderstanding why SH2 was like that in the first place. It wasn't bad to be corny and it wasn't bad just because it's le old game.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Nascent machine learning vs incompetent modern dev teams.

1717534511292.png

At least it'll be highly entertaining watching these future baristas cry about how some brainless AI replaced them. They're the definition of corporate bloat.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
3 was a much better horror game than 2 on pretty much every level except storytelling, which is where 2 obviously excels. It still amazes me that 2 was always the most popular and beloved game of the series. It just seems like one of those things where the story would have gone completely over most peoples' heads. People must have been smarter back then. It's popularity is an anomaly.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I skipped SH4 which I kind of regret. At the time it looked like slimey dog turd but now I would fucking love to play it because everything is shit.

HappyDaddyWow!

Educated
I skipped SH4 which I kind of regret. At the time it looked like slimey dog turd but now I would fucking love to play it because everything is shit.
After Silent Hill 2, Team Silent was split in half, and work began on Silent Hill 3 and 4 simultaneously. Part of the reason Silent Hill 4 looks bad, is because the series art designer Masahiro Ito was assigned to Silent Hill 3 and wasn't involved in Silent Hill 4. The overall art design is a lot worse and less subtle.
What a soulless copy. Disgusting.
PS2 game from 20 years ago looks better WTF

CsSeVUV.png
Gamers are like: "I want this rape victim to look pretty".

So fictional people who got raped NEED to be ugly looking? Why is that?
And why did the OG devs not make her ugly then?

The people genuinely complaining about it never actually played SH2 or ever cared about it, so there's no use arguing with them.

HappyDaddyWow!

Educated
Actually, while we're on the topic of the character redesigns, its really funny that the anti-woke crowd gravitated towards Angela, when in reality "woke" style character design seems to have partially ruined Maria in a pretty significant way.

For those who haven't played Silent Hill 2 - Maria is a manifestation of James psyche, and she's purposefully designed to be a sex object. She's literally a stripper. They toned down her outfit in the remake to be a little more tame which IMO actually negatively effects a lot of the symbolism the game is trying to get across.

Just more evidence that despite supposedly being a classic, SH2 is a game few people have actually bothered playing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom