Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Path of Exile II - early access begins November 15th

tritosine2k

Erudite

Herd you like dodge rolls so we put dodge rolls for monsters too so you can watch dodge rolls while you dodge roll: the interview

Also archnemesis style "teleprompter" attacks you cant dodge roll. Lol.
Still no talk about minions. That korean spectre lady was so wise to retire. Maybe resummon will be the new norm because "teleprompter" boss attacks , so then they can nerf cast speed xD

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Scully, you're not gonna believe this
https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExile2/comments/18kfsu2/comment/kdv47rp/So
So something you can do in PoE2 is pause the game (if you are playing by yourself), and the currently highlighted monster will remain highlighted so you can read the mods.
You can also mouse over the buffs/debuffs on yourself and enemies to look at what they do while paused.
I'll have a think about your suggestion. I don't think I quite like it as described, but I get the issue. I'll ask our UX guy if he can think of an improvement.
Holy shit this would be such a massive improvement to PoE. I bet it ends up being useless because some retarded dev wants enemies to be 'mysterious' Or they just stop updating the tooltips after a while, like the help system, because nobody is actively telling them they found it useful.

tritosine2k

Erudite
I know dodge roll kinda sorta WORKS in Wolcen ... But W is a kbm first AoE heavy game where you aim AoE (in PoE AoE aims you). Dodge roll without kbm first? Buckle up.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Will there be a way to increase dodge rolling speed or are you going to slowly roll in the mud in endgame just like you did when your character was new?

Perkel

Arcane
GGG: "We will solve problem."

GGG adds auction house.

"FUCK YEAH !!"

2 months later

"I FUCKING FOUND HH !!!! And it is double corrupted !!"
"Let's see how much this bad boy is wor..."
"WHAT 1 transmutation orb ?!"

A month later

GGG: "Listening to community feedback we will remove AH in coming update."

GGG:

:troll:

ADL

Prophet
I'm listening to the interview and the sheer contempt Jonathan seems to have for the current state of PoE1 gets me very excited for PoE2. This guy is making all the right decisions and saying all the right things.

Zeriel

Arcane
Funnily enough, that's exactly why I don't have any hope left for PoE2. It sounds like they are making a game precisely for the people who don't play PoE. Which is fine I guess, and also explains why they are keeping PoE1 around as a maintained game, I just hope they stick to their promise of still releasing real expansions for it.

Perkel

Arcane
To those who didn't "get it" GGG is changing their stance on trading. They think they "found" a way to make trading interesting and itemize frequent trades like Aisling.

They don't seem to understand that trading is just supply and demand. The more you supply the lower price on demand meaning loot is worth less not more.

Either way fine to me. I play only SSF these days. Trading can burn for all i care. Though option to SSF with 2-3 people would be great without access to wider public.

abija

Prophet
They don't seem to understand that trading is just supply and demand. The more you supply the lower price on demand meaning loot is worth less not more.

That's the reason trade is designed to be cumbersome. They understand very well.
But they have a game designed around trading for everything and the trade process is shit. They need to alleviate the pressure somehow.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Funnily enough, that's exactly why I don't have any hope left for PoE2. It sounds like they are making a game precisely for the people who don't play PoE. Which is fine I guess, and also explains why they are keeping PoE1 around as a maintained game, I just hope they stick to their promise of still releasing real expansions for it.
Yes, it seems to be targeted at me somewhat. I find myself no longer be able to go back and play PoE1, it is just not fun anymore with needing way too much grinding to reach a fun state. Then I was thinking back when I had most fun in PoE1 and it was when I got a doctor card drop early with my starting character, sold it and made a powerful fun end game character that let me do highest tier content at that time.

All leagues after that I lose will to continue playing after 30-40h after all the playing amounts to not much. And no, I will not learn to play the trade minigame, if aRPG forces you to do that, it is a bad game. I grew up on Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 offline and I never felt I needed trade to have fun in those games.
It is not like there is not other 1000 good games out there to play instead.

Lets see if Last Epoch Offline with improved drops stuff is fun.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
PoE being behind on system innovation? Last Epoch implemented an interesting "solution" to the AH problem. PoEII throwing in the towel and just adding an AH seems kind of... dissappointing.

Perkel might be a retard, but that doesn't make him wrong. The inefficiency of the horrible trading was 100% part of keeping prices up. Not that that defends the trash system, but it does mean things aren't auto-solved by adding an AH.

But I guess it doesn't matter much. The primary concern is still the fact that the game is in danger of moving into the slow pace of modern dogshit aRPGs.

ArchAngel

Arcane
PoE being behind on system innovation? Last Epoch implemented an interesting "solution" to the AH problem. PoEII throwing in the towel and just adding an AH seems kind of... dissappointing.

Perkel might be a retard, but that doesn't make him wrong. The inefficiency of the horrible trading was 100% part of keeping prices up. Not that that defends the trash system, but it does mean things aren't auto-solved by adding an AH.

But I guess it doesn't matter much. The primary concern is still the fact that the game is in danger of moving into the slow pace of modern dogshit aRPGs.
Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 were slower than what PoE2 has shown so far so I would say modern arpg fast pace is shit and I want return to good old times.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The primary concern is still the fact that the game is in danger of moving into the slow pace of modern dogshit aRPGs.
I mean... anything is better than PoE1's end-game "move into area, 0.2 seconds later either all enemies are dead or you are dead".

There's a very large space between that extreme and the "too slow" extreme.

Israfael

Arcane
Though option to SSF with 2-3 people would be great without access to wider public.
You could already do it with custom leagues unless they removed it some time after i've checked it last time a few leagues ago

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom