Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Peachcurl

Cipher
What you are supposed to do is use the statues (that can get animated and move around) as cover, as they block the projectiles. You're not really intended to dodge or tank the projectiles, but it can be done.
lol, I never knew that... mostly dodged them if I was not tanky at that point

I mean... you'd still have to "dodge" to just get into cover

tritosine2k

Erudite
He shoots this golden ball that spawns a bunch of little flying balls and a single one of those one shot me lmao.
Classic. Also, welcome to modern GGG boss design.
What you are supposed to do is use the statues (that can get animated and move around) as cover, as they block the projectiles. You're not really intended to dodge or tank the projectiles, but it can be done. I think they mostly do elemental damage, so evasion won't help. Capped resists and at least 1500 hp would be good.
How you are supposed to figure out that the statues block the projectiles I have no idea.

Remember they clear that on "delirium everywhere" too, it's just a tad different when they squeeze every ounce. And now spectral helix is a goner because it was abused for its multiplier. Thank fuck I didn't buy ball lightning MTX cause it ended up the same way as helix.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
What you are supposed to do is use the statues (that can get animated and move around) as cover, as they block the projectiles. You're not really intended to dodge or tank the projectiles, but it can be done.

If you react "in time" and there's a statue somewhere in the middle of the stage (as GGG probably intended), you can easily get to cover before the ball bursts.

ArchAngel

Arcane

If you react "in time" and there's a statue somewhere in the middle of the stage (as GGG probably intended), you can easily get to cover before the ball bursts.
I do not remember these balls. Only remotly dangerous thing about Innocence fight is the fire beam and you can dodge that easily.

ArchAngel

Arcane
whats a good tanky melee build for ssf? boneshatter?
I am just trying this thing in SFF, jugg boneshatter. It is a true strike skill and it will get you killed as this game hates melee (or standing in place).
I am about to start mapping with it so lets see how often I die

ArchAngel

Arcane
Well there are nodes in the tree that make is quasi striking skill. You still need to attack close to any enemy and then it activates its AoE abilities that clear half the screen. Still better than most "melee" skills. I leveled with Sunder before I switched and Sunder is way more ranged skill that uses melee weapon as base damage in true D3/D4 manner

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I do not remember these balls. Only remotly dangerous thing about Innocence fight is the fire beam and you can dodge that easily.

Not on ruthless you can't lmao.

Amusingly, i could actually tank the fire beam but the little balls were instant death.

Anyway, lame ass game didn't allow me to kill Kitava, i've now been sent to act 6.

Alex

Arcane
Are act 6-10 an exact loop (except harder) or are there differences too? In what way are act 1-5 the "good" half if the second half it's just a loop of the first?
(...)

In act5 the story pivots to the pc killing literal gods by the dozen, while also transforming into a mute (at least for most of the classes, ggg have added dialogue to templar).

(...)

Well, why would you play any other class, really?

Jason Liang

Arcane
Are act 6-10 an exact loop (except harder) or are there differences too? In what way are act 1-5 the "good" half if the second half it's just a loop of the first?
(...)

In act5 the story pivots to the pc killing literal gods by the dozen, while also transforming into a mute (at least for most of the classes, ggg have added dialogue to templar).

(...)

ALWAYS Witch! ES is the only effective main defense.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Armor is actually alright these days. Possibly evasion as well since evasion gear can roll spell suppression? ES as always has some problems with recovery.
Sometimes I want to roleplay as someone who understands how pants work.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Armor is actually alright these days. Possibly evasion as well since evasion gear can roll spell suppression? ES as always has some problems with recovery.
There's this Keystone passive called "Wicked Ward". Conveniently located near the Witch's start.

Speaking of Armor, is Divine Shield any good? It wouldn't be too hard to keep Armor = ES, if the effect is useful.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
There's this Keystone passive called "Wicked Ward". Conveniently located near the Witch's start.
I don't think it's really that good? You still have to not take damage for recharge to start afaik, and there's a lot of dots and ground degens and stuff.
It wouldn't be too hard to keep Armor = ES, if the effect is useful.
If you're going for armor it's kind of free, but the effect feels a bit meh? I don't really know.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You can do both. Get ar/ev or pure ev gear with suppression and then use Iron Reflexes to turn all Eva into armor.
They also added a bunch of nodes that give max resist. You can easily have 80 max in all with just passive tree.
My Jugg in addition to that will also use armor to tank a bit of elemental damage

Peachcurl

Cipher
I don't think it's really that good? You still have to not take damage for recharge to start afaik, and there's a lot of dots and ground degens and stuff.
It wouldn't be too hard to keep Armor = ES, if the effect is useful.
If you're going for armor it's kind of free, but the effect feels a bit meh? I don't really know.
Yeah, es leech is probably much more reliable (tho wicked ward may be useful for earlier levels)

Jason Liang

Arcane
Well there are several different ways to get immunity to DoTs and ground effects whether its via passive tree, flasks, jewels or other gear, and in real emergencies you hit Vaal Discipline as the panic button.

Gerrard

Arcane
You can do both. Get ar/ev or pure ev gear with suppression and then use Iron Reflexes to turn all Eva into armor.
They also added a bunch of nodes that give max resist. You can easily have 80 max in all with just passive tree.
My Jugg in addition to that will also use armor to tank a bit of elemental damage
Armor applies after damage resistance, Unbreakable is actually much more effective than you might think, it's 8% of your armor value but against 25% of the damage (assuming default resistance).
If you combine this with Divine Flesh you can use a mastery that gives "10% of your armor applies to chaos damage", or use The Fourth Vow body armor which makes all of your armor apply to chaos damage.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Meh, i'm starting to get bored with this toon.

Thinking of rerolling on hardcore, this time no ssf or ruthless, just normal play so i can at least check out those new mechanics that didn't show up in ruthless. Want a templar and there's a couple of builds i see i can use as a template:

https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/firestorm-inquisitor-build-guide
https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/righteous-fire-inquisitor-build-guide

And so forth.

BTW, overlevelling is really bad. I'm level 54 with my witch and i'm parked right at the start of act 6, with the closest zone being level 45. Would be one thing if i grinded the game but all i did is just complete every zone and maybe dick around with the crucible forges a few times before i got the gist of it.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
You really overlevel maps quickly if you spend time clearing every map.(which is a good thing if you want to play on hardcore) Back then when there were other diffculties, side maps were a lot higher level with harder monsters but those things are of past now.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It doesn't help you get those side activities.

Like that Delve shit, which so far i have ignored, or the Labyrinth where i'm sure i gained my far share of excess xp. It's also that you lose no xp when dying in act 1-5.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, so i made it past the first zone and i have already a support gem and twice the loot i get on ruthless.

I think from now on i'll just stick to ruthless for non-hard core characters (maybe on those two once i feel confident enough). The fact you have to make due with what you find is more interesting than i expected. It just forces you to play differently every time you reroll, there's no following the same build template every single time.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, just settled for a cookie cutter RF Inquisitor path for this HC attempt. Playing it safe for my first try plus i never used RF and i'm curious to see this playstyle for myself at least once lmao.

Should be able to clear act 1-5 with ease, all i gotta remember is to stay away from Innocence's balls and i should be good for part 1 at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom